Pre-Game Talk: Game 8 - 10/19 7:14 PM - THE BEAR returns to Hogtown - NESN, CBC, NHLN, SN4K, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Regular season game meaningless in the grand scheme. Keep them out as long as we need to. Off topic, Im not liking Z's ice time either.
I’m wondering if game plan is to attack Chara with speed - Point & Kucherov seemed to try that late first and Point split D

personally I’d like Grzelcyk-McAvoy to be the pairing and Chara with Clifton

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I’m wondering if game plan is to attack Chara with speed - Point & Kucherov seemed to try that late first and Point split D

Its time for Charlie to take the next step. I love Z but I think Charlie gets more concerned about his partner sometime time and it affects his decision making.

I would argue that pair would be very difficult to pin in and would make for some fun odd man rushes as a result

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Its time for Charlie to take the next step. I love Z but I think Charlie gets more concerned about his partner sometime time and it affects his decision making.

I would argue that pair would be very difficult to pin in and would make for some fun odd man rushes as a result
Love not like

Absolutely

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I would like to see (when healthy of course) them try this with the lines.

March - Bergy - Kulhman
Bjork - Krejci - Pasta
DeBrusk - Coyle - Heinen
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner
Ritchie/Backes/Lindholm

My reasoning is thus. I think while the first line has been amazing and all that, they haven't been unbreakable at 5v5. They do a lot of damage on the PP which would still be intact. Always know we CAN go back to that all star line at any time but this is the time of year to try and develop some balance and mix things up a bit. I believe Kulhman brings some good things to our dynamic duo (63+37). He is a good worker and would setup or get a chance to finish a lot of chances on that line. A good compliment to the chemistry of Bergy and Marsh.

I think JD needs a shakeup. I haven't been super fond of his game this season (other than that amazing all out back check the other night). So let's call up Bjork and give the kid a well earned shot again. I love the kids game, he just needs to finish some the chances he has been getting at the NHL level. I think that second line would be very good offensively, however, might be too much of a liability in their own end. Have to see how it would look.

This third line would be a lot of teams second line if they play to their potential. Coyle creates chances through possession plays and DeBrusk could feed off that because he isnt great at creating things himself. Heinen is a smart player that would help out both offensively and most importantly defensively with this line.

4th line is proven.

I know it won't happen but I would love to see this for like 5 games in November.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Been saying this since the summer. Wish Cassidy would listen :laugh:

Reactions: DKH

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I would like to see (when healthy of course) them try this with the lines.

March - Bergy - Kulhman
Bjork - Krejci - Pasta
DeBrusk - Coyle - Heinen
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner
Ritchie/Backes/Lindholm

My reasoning is thus. I think while the first line has been amazing and all that, they haven't been unbreakable at 5v5. They do a lot of damage on the PP which would still be intact. Always know we CAN go back to that all star line at any time but this is the time of year to try and develop some balance and mix things up a bit. I believe Kulhman brings some good things to our dynamic duo (63+37). He is a good worker and would setup or get a chance to finish a lot of chances on that line. A good compliment to the chemistry of Bergy and Marsh.

I think JD needs a shakeup. I haven't been super fond of his game this season (other than that amazing all out back check the other night). So let's call up Bjork and give the kid a well earned shot again. I love the kids game, he just needs to finish some the chances he has been getting at the NHL level. I think that second line would be very good offensively, however, might be too much of a liability in their own end. Have to see how it would look.

This third line would be a lot of teams second line if they play to their potential. Coyle creates chances through possession plays and DeBrusk could feed off that because he isnt great at creating things himself. Heinen is a smart player that would help out both offensively and most importantly defensively with this line.

4th line is proven.

I know it won't happen but I would love to see this for like 5 games in November.
you lost me when you put Kuhlman on the first. hes closer to Providence the a promotion

Reactions: BBB24

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
It’s got to be tough because Chara is still an elite defender but he’s best served on the bottom pair with #1 PK.

Grzelcyk/McAvoy & Krug/Carlo can move the puck - with their centers and goalies that is a recipe for a very good team

Agree 100%, screaming at the TV for a few games now for Cassidy to give them a try in a game where Z is not injured or suspended in.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
you lost me when you put Kuhlman on the first. hes closer to Providence the a promotion

I get it but I think he would be a good compliment to them. Guy has great speed, works like a dog, wins battles. Might not have the pedigree but thats why I said try it for 5 games. We know that the super line works, you can't tell me March - Bergy - Kulhman doesn't yet. Sometimes a line with two stars and a workhorse gel.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I actually agree with TRYING Kuhlman there, it's not about a promotion. It's more about finding a shooter that can finish.
Then I would do.
Heinen -- Krejci -- pasta
DeBrusk-- Coyle -- Bjork

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Bad: Have an awful flu and will have to forgo work this evening as I can`t be handling food and beverages for the general public

The Good: Get to watch the game IF I can stay awake with all the crap I`m putting in my system to help try and suppress a horrible cough, headache and sinus issues

Really too bad we don`t get a chance to see both teams playing with a full lineup but 2 games vs each other over the next few days, the B`s need to play sharper than they have as their record doesn`t indicate how they really are playing and having seen 0 minutes of Leaf hockey this season, can`t comment too much on them but all I read is they too have struggled to find consistency

This one will be decided by special teams and the B`s have the edge so naturally I go with our boys in a 5-3 win, empty netter from Kuraly

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
And the fifth Player Cookie goes to...
Jaroslav-Halak-Bruins-575x372.jpg

Jaroslav Halak! And he gets...
August-2019.016-1200x675.jpeg

Nice cold, ice cold milk! What's better to back up a roster of delicious cookies than a tall glass of milk? Some cookies are almost *gasp* inedible without some milk to wash them down. Okay, so it's not technically a cookie (and there's at least one other "non-cookie" coming, so be warned), but we all know that goalies are...different.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad