Pre-Game Talk: Game 8 - 10/19 7:14 PM - THE BEAR returns to Hogtown - NESN, CBC, NHLN, SN4K, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-10-18_17-14-2.png

upload_2019-10-18_17-8-18.png

upload_2019-10-18_17-8-53.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Maple Leafs will be missing 47-goal scorer and newly appointed captain John Tavares — out at least two weeks with a broken finger — for a Saturday night showdown in Toronto with the Bruins. The visitors will be down at least one of their top two centers, and a valued fourth-liner.

Coach Bruce Cassidy said after Friday’s practice that David Krejci, whose undisclosed upper-body injury has lingered, will miss his third game in a row. Boston also may be without Patrice Bergeron, who took a wrister by Tampa Bay’s Ryan McDonagh off his leg with 25 seconds left in overtime Thursday.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The Maple Leafs will be missing 47-goal scorer and newly appointed captain John Tavares — out at least two weeks with a broken finger — for a Saturday night showdown in Toronto with the Bruins. The visitors will be down at least one of their top two centers, and a valued fourth-liner.

Coach Bruce Cassidy said after Friday’s practice that David Krejci, whose undisclosed upper-body injury has lingered, will miss his third game in a row. Boston also may be without Patrice Bergeron, who took a wrister by Tampa Bay’s Ryan McDonagh off his leg with 25 seconds left in overtime Thursday.

Well that sucks

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Uh oh. I hope we aren't on boot watch again :laugh:

aircastairselectshort.jpg

Reactions: BMC

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Uh Oh injury bug starting early again.

Despite secondary scoring issues I think Bruins are better equipped to survive than Toronto is without Taveres.

Reactions: bbfan419

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Guess he's not getting the call up. Poor kid. :( Hope it's not as serious as it sounds

Edit: Yikes. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So Bruins may be without both their top centers? Haha..... Hockey God's with the jokes again. What is it with injuries?

Wonder who gets the call...going to be ugly if Bergeron doesn't play.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
No Nordy and no Krejci again sucks, but Bergy is the key - if he doesn't play I can't see us winning, even though Tavares is also out. Missing your 2 top Cs is really difficult to cover. But it sounds like he just took a knock to the leg, so I think he'll probably be ok.

I wasn't a fan of the composition of the 2nd and 3rd lines against Tampa. I'd prefer they keep Coyle and Heinen together. So maybe just slot Lindholm straight in with Jake and Kuhlman, bring up Bjork and put him on the 3rd, and put Backes on the 4th line. Scratch Ritchie. Have to find something that can produce in the middle 6, and we'll need some speed against the Leafs.

I find the current state of the Bruins-Leafs rivalry really interesting. The two teams have completely opposite methods of operating, from their recruiting, trading, player salary structure, squad composition, the roles they assign to their lines, defensive setups, coaching and styles of play, but despite all that difference the two have been just about even in their performance and overall quality in the last 3 or so years. Fortunately the Bs have to date had the edge, but there's very little in it.

While we never want to lose to Toronto, with the injuries and the fact we're still struggling to find form and production 5v5, I'd be mildly content as long as we win 1 of these back-to-back games.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So I wouldn't be surprised if Bjork meets the team in Toronto for tomorrow's game. Bruins clearly hurting with injuries. Maybe Studnicka as well???

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Guess he's not getting the call up. Poor kid. :( Hope it's not as serious as it sounds

Edit: Yikes. :(

That's horrible. Was hoping to see him get called up. Get well soon!

They don't know what happened?!?

Hope he recovers quickly.

Update... the hit is by Montreal's bust McCarron who they drafted to fight Lucic obliterated Gaunce in open ice.

"Clean hit" LMFAO.

That's as dirty as they come.

Comes from wall to center ice and hits him in the face/head with the shoulder.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Injuries starting to impact teams. The Leafs are always tough to play against at full strength at less than full strength they are still tough. Add the Bruins' injuries and it's a toss-up with Boston winning.

Go Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA