Pre-Game Talk: Game 8 - 10/19 7:14 PM - THE BEAR returns to Hogtown - NESN, CBC, NHLN, SN4K, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Ya I heard them talk about that on the radio. It’s like the concept of starting your backup on the first night has never been thought of before.

Or yknow. Playing good team d to help the guy

"What is this.....D.....you speak of."
"If they dont score, what use are they?"

:laugh:

Reactions: easton117

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
The Bad: Have an awful flu and will have to forgo work this evening as I can`t be handling food and beverages for the general public

The Good: Get to watch the game IF I can stay awake with all the crap I`m putting in my system to help try and suppress a horrible cough, headache and sinus issues

Really too bad we don`t get a chance to see both teams playing with a full lineup but 2 games vs each other over the next few days, the B`s need to play sharper than they have as their record doesn`t indicate how they really are playing and having seen 0 minutes of Leaf hockey this season, can`t comment too much on them but all I read is they too have struggled to find consistency

This one will be decided by special teams and the B`s have the edge so naturally I go with our boys in a 5-3 win, empty netter from Kuraly

That sucks. Are you in BC now? As I rarely get sick, even with the kids bringing whatever home, and usually even then I can muscle my way through but all four of us got sidelined over the past few weeks. Four days of a bad cough, sinuses and zero strength/energy, followed by six days of being about 50%. Early in the year for the flu but whatever has been going around out here, it sucks. A few people I know have had the same thing.

Also disappointed we don't get to see JT and Krej playing tonight and probably a slowed down Bergeron.
Also disappointed they're doing a home-and-home this early in the season. Early Sat. night game is great but wish the other three were after new years when the teams are, probably, in the hunt.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
73274606_10218964616639102_2939967545756614656_n.jpg
Stanley_Cup%2C_2015.jpg

FOREVER ALONE

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That sucks. Are you in BC now? As I rarely get sick, even with the kids bringing whatever home, and usually even then I can muscle my way through but all four of us got sidelined over the past few weeks. Four days of a bad cough, sinuses and zero strength/energy, followed by six days of being about 50%. Early in the year for the flu but whatever has been going around out here, it sucks. A few people I know have had the same thing.

Also disappointed we don't get to see JT and Krej playing tonight and probably a slowed down Bergeron.
Also disappointed they're doing a home-and-home this early in the season. Early Sat. night game is great but wish the other three were after new years when the teams are, probably, in the hunt.
I`m in Victoria and I rarely get sick either which is a positive but sucks when I do get sick. Hoping for full pts for our boys over next two games, don`t care if it looks like a symphony or not

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Leafs will be firing tonight, would like the Bruins to bring some hatred into this game tonight.

I know I’ll be bringing some hatred.

Nothing Like an olde fashioned Original Six matchup on Saturday night.

I’ll be behaving accordingly.

From a Canes fan.

DESTROY THEM.

WHY?

WHAT SORT OF QUESTION IS THAT. THEY ARE MAPLE LEAFS.

I nominate this for post of the day.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Injuries starting to impact teams. The Leafs are always tough to play against at full strength at less than full strength they are still tough. Add the Bruins' injuries and it's a toss-up with Boston winning.

Go Bruins.

That's a good way to sum it up!

Reactions: Maine Fan

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Been busy today. Anybody have an idea if Bergeron's playing yet?

If there's been an update I probably missed it

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The Bad: Have an awful flu and will have to forgo work this evening as I can`t be handling food and beverages for the general public

The Good: Get to watch the game IF I can stay awake with all the crap I`m putting in my system to help try and suppress a horrible cough, headache and sinus issues

Really too bad we don`t get a chance to see both teams playing with a full lineup but 2 games vs each other over the next few days, the B`s need to play sharper than they have as their record doesn`t indicate how they really are playing and having seen 0 minutes of Leaf hockey this season, can`t comment too much on them but all I read is they too have struggled to find consistency

This one will be decided by special teams and the B`s have the edge so naturally I go with our boys in a 5-3 win, empty netter from Kuraly

Lesson to be learned- everytime you need to watch a Bruins game but you're working just say you have a flu

Reactions: ODAAT

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Jake seems to look less enthusiastic. Maybe a little drop in confidence. Need him to get going

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Bruins are in desperate need of
Bottom 6 scoring
Heinen Backes Nordstrom kuraly Wagner Coyle have a total of 3 goals... That's less than Brad Marchand alone.
Better pick.that up because the comment I.made about them being AHL(wasn't referring to Coyle at the time) isn't far from the truth right now.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bruins are in desperate need of
Bottom 6 scoring
Heinen Backes Nordstrom kuraly Wagner Coyle have a total of 3 goals... That's less than Brad Marchand alone.
Better pick.that up because the comment I.made about them being AHL(wasn't referring to Coyle at the time) isn't far from the truth right now.

Diarrhea fingers back at it. They're f***ing 5-1-1. The only guy listed there that's AHL quality is Backes.

tenor.gif

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Jake seems to look less enthusiastic. Maybe a little drop in confidence. Need him to get going
With DK out Debrusk's game is sloppy. They need him for some second line offense. Moving Coyle up is fine, although he is better suited for the third line grinding, Debrusk better get it going. Since the Bluejacket series he's been snake-bitten. When Debrusk is near the front of the net instead of near the walls he's more effective. He's a good player but a streaky player.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
With DK out Debrusk's game is sloppy. They need him for some second line offense. Moving Coyle up is fine, although he is better suited for the third line grinding, Debrusk better get it going. Since the Bluejacket series he's been snake-bitten. When Debrusk is near the front of the net instead of near the walls he's more effective. He's a good player but a streaky player.

Maybe he'll be less streaky as he matures . He does need to get going . Find the right potion to remove the venom . I'm not concerned yet but this can't last way too much longer either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad