GDT: Game 79 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens | 7PM | They'll Start Trying Soooooon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Paraphrasing Paul Maurice from NHIC: Maurice, who coached Geno after his MVP season in Magitogorsk during the lockout, was asked who on his team now reminds him of Malkin. He said a combo of Laine (unbelievable skill) and Wheeler (practice ethic). Said Geno at that time was coming off the MVP season, best in the world, had no reason to practice, but was the hardest working practice player he had.

This type of thing irks. I’m sure Malkin would say no shit he practiced. Not practicing would say a hell of a lot more than practicing even during the lockout.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
“Played” is a loose translation for what he was doing....

He played terrify everyone with the puck and then shake things up by terrifying you when he didn’t have it.

I’m not surprised he got back in after a win, it’s a question of what happens when they lose and he’s still ass.

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This type of thing irks. I’m sure Malkin would say no **** he practiced. Not practicing would say a hell of a lot more than practicing even during the lockout.

I'm sorry. I meant to type NOT PRACTICE HARD. Maurice's point was Geno would kill himself for 45 minutes practicing super hard, and the rest of the guys, Maurice's words, could be practiced another 3 hours and not bother breaking a sweat.

FYI, since the day he coached him, Maurice has done nothing but pump Geno's tires. And, when he's compared his younger guys like Laine and Scheifele, Geno's the comparison standard.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is one of those games...MTL is so bad and playing so many AHL players, you expect the Pens to score, but then I thought that against the Wings too...

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm sorry. I meant to type NOT PRACTICE HARD. Maurice's point was Geno would kill himself for 45 minutes practicing super hard, and the rest of the guys, Maurice's words, could be practiced another 3 hours and not bother breaking a sweat.

My point stands. I just find it weirdly insulting to be like “and that one isn’t lazy! He could be but he’s not.” It says a lot more about the ones apparently gliding around than Malkin imo. He won awards for a reason and was professional. It’s good but it’s not stop and pay attention.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This is one of those games...MTL is so bad and playing so many AHL players, you expect the Pens to score, but then I thought that’s against the Wings too...

Pens CLINCH a playoff spot with a ROW win today. IF they can't get up for that . . . eh, who the **** am I kidding trying to make sense of this team?

One INTERESTING thing: DeSmith against Washington, one would think. Win today, beat Washington tomorrow, and the division is NOT out of reach, not with the Caps still having a game against Nashville.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My point stands. I just find it weirdly insulting to be like “and that one isn’t lazy! He could be but he’s not.” It says a lot more about the ones apparently gliding around than Malkin imo. He won awards for a reason and was professional. It’s good but it’s not stop and pay attention.

I get that perspective.

I'll just repeat what I wrote earlier. Paul Maurice is a huge Geno fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad