GDT: Game 79 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens | 7PM | They'll Start Trying Soooooon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Beyond getting the two points tonight I sincerely hope we play solid positional fundamental hockey in all three zones. It's time to shore things up.

Reactions: ncm7772

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol...Post-Gazette article quoting Hunwick on his poor play this year:”I think it’s me”.....
no **** Sherlock...If we could blame Letang for it, I’m sure we would....

Edit: he might be in again tonight

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Lol...Post-Gazette article quoting Hunwick on his poor play this year:”I think it’s me”.....
no **** Sherlock...If we could blame Letang for it, I’m sure we would....

Edit: he might be in again tonight
I'm not a big Hunwick fan, but considering our lack of options there I would be surprised if Hunwick isn't in tonight.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Multiple years, you mean. Dude is the most driven every single day.
In the aspect you are talking about yes, but I meant more in regards to his normal level of play. I should’ve been more specific. Because these past handful even on his own merits he’s simply been a monster.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Pens will be in 3rd place by the time the game starts. Should have no problem with lack of effort tonight

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
3 games to get the lines right.

Jake-Sid-Rust can not be a playoff line.

Neither can Sheary-Brassard-Kessel.

I'm getting worries to be honest.

So Crosby scored at least one point with 10 different even strength forward combos last playoffs. Would you believe me if I told you that he scored more points with Jake and Rust than with anyone else? It was actually our 2nd most productive line in the playoffs, only behind Rust-Geno-Phil with 5 points and tied with Kunitz-Geno-Phil with 4. Sid also had 3 points each with Jake-Sid-Sheary and Kunitz-Sid-Sheary.

edit: these aren't actually the full line production: they are the number of points Sid got with those players. So in theory other lines could have scored more, but if they did Sid wasn't in on those points.

Either way, Sid spent 53% of his ES ice time with either Jake and Sheary or Jake and Rust as his wings last playoffs and we still manage to win. And Chris Kunitz was the guy who filled the next biggest chunk of his ice time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peat

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So Crosby scored at least one point with 10 different even strength forward combos last playoffs. Would you believe me if I told you that he scored more points with Jake and Rust than with anyone else? It was actually our 2nd most productive line in the playoffs, only behind Rust-Geno-Phil with 5 points and tied with Kunitz-Geno-Phil with 4. Sid also had 3 points each with Jake-Sid-Sheary and Kunitz-Sid-Sheary.

edit: these aren't actually the full line production: they are the number of points Sid got with those players. So in theory other lines could have scored more, but if they did Sid wasn't in on those points.

Considering the numbers Jake put up, shouldnt be a surprise.

X factor last year.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Considering the numbers Jake put up, shouldnt be a surprise.

X factor last year.
right, but my real point is that Rust did just fine there last year in the playoffs. Though looking at Rust's points instead of Sid's, Rust himself only had 2 points with Sid in about 1/3 of his ES ice time. So maybe I just changed my own mind :laugh:

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
right, but my real point is that Rust did just fine there last year in the playoffs. Though looking at Rust's points instead of Sid's, Rust himself only had 2 points with Sid in about 1/3 of his ES ice time. So maybe I just changed my own mind :laugh:

Tbf, who cares who's getting the points if the line overall is killing it?

It mightn't be ideal, but it clearly is a line you can win a Cup with. Tbh, the more I read posts about what you can't win Cups with, the more I wonder whether anyone was actually paying attention the last two Summers...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Tbf, who cares who's getting the points if the line overall is killing it?

It mightn't be ideal, but it clearly is a line you can win a Cup with. Tbh, the more I read posts about what you can't win Cups with, the more I wonder whether anyone was actually paying attention the last two Summers...
yeah, that's where I'm at.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jackets down 2-1 now.

If they lose, Pens may decide they can rest tonight.

I hope not...clinch a PO spot now while it’s in front of them. They don’t need the division....they can blow off the Caps tomorrow if they want....

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I hope not...clinch a PO spot now while it’s in front of them. They don’t need the division....they can blow off the Caps tomorrow if they want....

Messin around.

Dont think effort will be a problem tonight.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Not sure momentum matters into the playoffs. But I do think how a team is playing means something. Pens since the TDL have been at best OK and certainly have had some really bad efforts. Not since 2014 have I been so un-enthused on this teams prospects in the playoffs. You are what you are and a shaky D, PK, up and down goal tending, numerous head scratching decisions and no sense of urgency for a 60 minute consistent smart effort is where it is presently.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
2-1 Vancouver..not a guarantee
Juice just made it 3-1...

This seems like a classic trap game for the Penguins, but I think playoffs Sid is here for the rest of the year so it should be entertaining if nothing else.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Juice just made it 3-1...

This seems like a classic trap game for the Penguins, but I think playoffs Sid is here for the rest of the year so it should be entertaining if nothing else.

More than anything im hoping Murray doesnt let in more than 1 goal. Ok 2.

Need a solid performance from him..he needs it.

Reactions: Sideline

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
More than anything im hoping Murray doesnt let in more than 1 goal. Ok 2.

Need a solid performance from him..he needs it.

Well the team played better in front of him last game except for a couple brain farts. It’d be nice to play a tight game in front of him to get his confidence back up. He’s up and down since he came back.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad