GDT: Game 79: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 4/4 7PM EDT

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Positives:
Good hard push at the end.
Foligno got it going- Rocked Staal, drew 2 penalties, 2 goals. Start him on the 4th line more often.
Kukan looked great.
Milano-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand made a brief appearance and looked special.
Zero points for the team.

Negatives:
Looked really slow and couldn't get pucks through. The Rangers played the game their way until the last ten minutes. It mostly sucked.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
It's a shame that Kukan likely doesn't even make it as a 7th D next season. He's so much better than Prout and Tyutin.

I know I'm going to get quoted and ridiculed for even mentioning him as a 7th D because "ice time in Lake Erie". Yeah, I know he needs ice time rather than sit in the press box. But that's not the point I'm trying to make here :laugh:

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
It's a shame that Kukan likely doesn't even make it as a 7th D next season. He's so much better than Prout and Tyutin.

I know I'm going to get quoted and ridiculed for even mentioning him as a 7th D because "ice time in Lake Erie". Yeah, I know he needs ice time rather than sit in the press box. But that's not the point I'm trying to make here :laugh:

I know its only been like 2 or 3 games, but i'd take him over Prout no doubt. Probably Tyutin too because as slow as Tyutin was this year, he will be even slower next year.

KlichkoBro*

I like how people complaining that the Jackets don't have enough right wingers and at the same time easily put all defensemen in the same bucket. Switching from one side to another is usually easier for forwards than for defensemen. Kukan and Prout are playing different positions basically.

The Jackets might trade Jack Johnson to free up a cap space and a roster spot for Kukan. He was good in every LE/Columbus game I've seen this season.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Murray is overrated. He'd probably be the 5th-6th dman off the board in a redraft of 2012.

Both Murray and Jones have had their moments. I'll give them a pass as they are both young and will hopefully grow into their role. Entertaining game, keeps us in the mix for Matthews...

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Both Murray and Jones have had their moments. I'll give them a pass as they are both young and will hopefully grow into their role. Entertaining game, keeps us in the mix for Matthews...

I think it's way too early to say Murray was overrated . His development has really been hampered by injuries , and glad to see him make it thru the whole season . I would have to think Hartsburg is sent packing this offseason , hopefully we bring in someone that can really help develop young defenseman

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I like how people complaining that the Jackets don't have enough right wingers and at the same time easily put all defensemen in the same bucket. Switching from one side to another is usually easier for forwards than for defensemen. Kukan and Prout are playing different positions basically.

The Jackets might trade Jack Johnson to free up a cap space and a roster spot for Kukan. He was good in every LE/Columbus game I've seen this season.

That's how bad Prout is IMO. I would take an out of position rookie over him.
Actually, maybe Prout is playing out of position and that's why he is so bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad