GDT: Game 79: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/4 7PM

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
It has nothing to do with luck, they are just bad

You don't get 106 points in a season by being bad. I'd say at this point they're just frustrated and they are eating their tails trying to break through. It's just one of those things, the harder you try, the worse you play. It's a downward spiral, until you snap it.

They are made of stronger stuff than us keyboard analysts. They'll get through this. It's just frustrating to watch. Expectations are a heck of a thing ;)

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
You don't get 106 points in a season by being bad. I'd say at this point they're just frustrated and they are eating their tails trying to break through. It's just one of those things, the harder you try, the worse you play. It's a downward spiral, until you snap it.

They are made of stronger stuff than us keyboard analysts. They'll get through this. It's just frustrating to watch. Expectations are a heck of a thing ;)

They are the worst 106 point team in the league and the worst 106 point CBJ team ever

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Nothing like hitting the low of lows to Pens 3 games before we play them in the first round.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I said in the beginning of this thread that I wanted them to win but this game is actually meaningless. The only thing that matters is the 1st round series. Don't give up so easy.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I said in the beginning of this thread that I wanted them to win but this game is actually meaningless. The only thing that matters is the 1st round series. Don't give up so easy.

I wouldn't say it was meaningless. It essentially decided the home ice advantage for the first round. CBJ basically need to win out and the Penguins can't go better than 1-1-1 over the last 3 games for that to change.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Five years from now you will not remember this game but you will remember the series. The series is what matters.

I don't remember much from the Detroit series. I remember some of game 1. I remember game 4. That's about it. I hope this is not a repeat, but I am fearing it.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Nothing like hitting the low of lows to Pens 3 games before we play them in the first round.

I couldn't watch the game tonight, so maybe that's why I'm not frustrated, but it's better to get some losses out of the way now.

Regardless of whether or not the Jackets get home ice advantage (and it's looking less likely now), they are going to be the underdog in the Pens series and I think that's where they want to be. It's very difficult to repeat in this league back-to-back. It's going to be a tough series but I'm looking forward to it.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I don't remember much from the Detroit series. I remember some of game 1. I remember game 4. That's about it. I hope this is not a repeat, but I am fearing it.

I remember getting dominated the first few games, then a fun game 4, too many men on the ice, and Hossa. Mason was already headed downhill by then.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I remember getting dominated the first few games, then a fun game 4, too many men on the ice, and Hossa. Mason was already headed downhill by then.

Yeah I pretty much remember too many men. Did Freddy Mo still play for us? Did he maybe score a goal? I'm pretty sure Umby did.

That's all I got.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I kinda like Murray, but I can't see how this team would be much different with him.

His goal scoring prowess has been sorely missed. :shakehead

You mean the fact that were not scoring , and could use him for an offensive piece ? Murray is one of our worst defenseman from a stastical standpoint

Go take a peak at the numbers.

When Werenski plays more than 1 minute of PK his numbers and the Jackets are WAY worse than when he plays less than 1 minute or not at all.

With Murray out Quincey and Werenski have taken over Murray's 2-4 minutes of PK/game.

We were successful because we could rely on Savard/Johnson/Murray to eat tough defensive minutes. Letting Werenski eat up all the PP and minutes and letting Jones taking a combo of both.

With Murray back our defense should be more productive and taking pressure off our offense. Not to mention it forces Harrington to the press box.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Not a good time of the year to be playing this bad. Hopefully they can turn it around real quick.
Bob is looking good (not great) still, but defense is beat up and the forwards are bad. PP has been average (at best) for long time so not sure if a turnaround is possible there.
Got to hope the D gets healthy and the forwards get going somehow.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Murray fans will always find some subjective notion to support their views about him.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Man, I just don't get the constant defeatist attitude . Yes , we have hit a scoring slump, but the schedule has been brutal the past couple weeks . Just like many that said the 16 game was surely a fluke , why do people have the attitude now that we won't snap out of this offensive funk ? The jackets , the past few years have been one of the more balanced scoring teams out there . We have many guys that hit over 20 goals on the season last year , and this year . Just like the goal probably seemed twice as big during the 16 game streak , it probably seems twice as small right now , as guys are pressing to score . I like our chances in the playoffs because of our balanced scoring . If we relied on a couple guys to do most of our scoring, and they were slumping , I would be worried , but I think the jackets actually have a nice roster for the playoffs , because scoring can come from a different guy , every night . Thursday's game is crucial, and I defiantly like how we finish the season , compared to Pittsburghs schedule

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
As bad as last night was, I'm not ready to throw in the towel. Two Pens goals came off fluky deflections. When the hell are we going to get a break like that? A similar bounce cost us a point in Carolina. We're not playing well right now, but we also aren't getting any puck luck.

Time to sacrifice a chicken in the locker room, or something like that.
Bwft44pIQAEKnyt.jpg

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So you're saying...with the playoffs a week away...we can't keep up with...wait for it...playoff teams?? Good grief.

Now, I'm saying during a slump we played at Chicago, at Pitt , 2 x vs Washington , etc , and still a couple of those games could have went either way. Mainly because great goaltending

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Man, I just don't get the constant defeatist attitude . Yes , we have hit a scoring slump, but the schedule has been brutal the past couple weeks . Just like many that said the 16 game was surely a fluke , why do people have the attitude now that we won't snap out of this offensive funk ? The jackets , the past few years have been one of the more balanced scoring teams out there . We have many guys that hit over 20 goals on the season last year , and this year . Just like the goal probably seemed twice as big during the 16 game streak , it probably seems twice as small right now , as guys are pressing to score . I like our chances in the playoffs because of our balanced scoring . If we relied on a couple guys to do most of our scoring, and they were slumping , I would be worried , but I think the jackets actually have a nice roster for the playoffs , because scoring can come from a different guy , every night . Thursday's game is crucial, and I defiantly like how we finish the season , compared to Pittsburghs schedule

By all means I love your optimism... However, not only has the power play completely fell apart but the offense as gone colder than the North Pole. Combine that with injuries and suddenly things are looking pretty bleak.

People have been saying things would turn around for 2 weeks now and the only thing that's actually happened is we've got worse - lol..

We'll see what the playoffs brings - I would love to be wrong about the upcoming outcome. A miracle giving us home ice would be a good start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad