GDT: Game 79: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/4 7PM

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Coming into tonight's game the Jackets trail the Penguins by 1pt for the second seed in the Metropolitan Division, and second in the Eastern Conference. The Jackets powerplay has struggled as of late going 0 for 12 in their last 5 games. Both teams have identical records of 5-3-2 over their last 10 games played, however, they are heading in different directions as the Pens have won 2 in a row and the Jackets have lost 3 in a row for the first time all season. Columbus comes to Pittsburgh holding onto the 12th best powerplay and 9th best penalty kill in the league. The Pens come into tonight having the 5th best powerplay and the 16th best penalty kill.

Who's hot:

CBJ
Sam Gagner has quietly come back to life putting up 4 points in his last 5 games.
Jack Johnson after his beautiful toe drag goal has 3 points in his last 5 games, and currently is a +21 (it appears to be the second time in his career he will finish with a positive +/-)

Pitt
Cullen and Kessel both come in to tonight scoring 4 points in their last 5 games played

Who's not:

CBJ
Hartnell has 3 points in his last 12 GP
Karlsson has 1 point in his last 12 GP

Pitt
Dumoulin comes in with 1 point in his last 12 games while averaging around 21 minutes a night over the past few games
Kunitz before being injured had a total of 2 points over his last 12 GP

Out of the last 3 games between the two teams the Jackets have won 2 by scores of 7-1, and 2-1 OT, while losing 4-3 OT in the other game.

CBJ lines TBD with Milano in, will update later:

Saad Wennberg Bjorkstrand
Jenner Dubinsky Atkinson
Hartnell Gagner Foligno
Milano Karlsson Anderson

Quincey Jones
Johnson Savard
Heatherington Nutivaara

Bobrovsky

Pitt Lines TBD with Kunitz out, will update later:

Guentzel Crosby Sheary
Rust Bonino Hornqvist
Kunitz Cullen Kessell
Kuhnhackl Rowney Wilson

Dumoulin Shultz
Cole Ruhwedel
Hainsy Streit

Murray

Tonight is a four point game that the CBJ desperately need. Hopefully the Jackets, like me, have circled this game on the calendar. This is a must win game if we want home ice, the Pens come in with a depleted lineup, I expect a win. Would like to see some hits on crosby too. Cheers.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Jack Johnson after his beautiful toe drag goal has 3 points in his last 5 games, and currently is a +21 (it appears to be the second time in his career he will finish with a positive +/-)

I mean I know we've been pretty pessimistic lately but I don't think it's so bad that he'll lose that +21 in 4 games ;):sarcasm:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If the Pens win in regulation, the race for home ice is over.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Looks like the battle of the skating wounded. With our D missing Zach & Murray and our offense MIA I figure we win easily.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Columbus Lineup
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Saad-Gagner-Hartnell
Milano-Karlsson-Anderson

Johnson-Jones
Quincey-Savard
Harrington-Nutivaara

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Scratches
Calvert, Korpikoski

Injured
Clarkson, Murray, Sedlak, Werenski

Pittsburgh Lineup
Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary
Rust-Bonino-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Cullen-Hornquist
Wilson-Rowney-Archibald

Dumoulin-Hainsey
Cole-Schultz
Streit-Ruhwedel

Murray
Fleury

Scratches
Gaunce

Injured
Daley, Hagelin, Kunitz, Letang, Maatta, Malkin, Sestito

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
OB is back in? This is like the girl on the Liberty Mutual Insurance commercial who cracks up her car Brad. I am gonna break into my happy dance!

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hopefully everyone remembered their cups

img.aspx

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Question of the day - will the forwards score a goal? They've combined for just 5 goals, one of which was an empty-netter, in the last 7 games.

Come on Bjorkstrand and Milano!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad