GDT: Game 79: Columbus at New York Rangers | 4/6 7PM EDT

sickboy35

Jun 4, 2002
trenton
Visit site
They're no better than the Pens or Canucks.

If they were opposed by Mason rather than Emery, very decent chance they would have got eliminated in the 1st round ( and regardless, the series went 7 games, fwiw ).
And VERY little doubt in my mind the Rags get by Price.[/QUOTE

i came here to give compliments to ur team and all u have is no respect for ours? Wow just wow!

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
i came here to give compliments to ur team and all u have is no respect for ours? Wow just wow!

there_is_no_need_to_be_upset-4390.gif

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Too bad, but great game. At least Nash and Brassard went goalless

As for the Rangers, they are deserving of being recognized as the team to beat. I sure hope someone does, though.

Last year they weren't as good as their eventual placing, but that's what happens in the playoffs. Given that, with as good as their regular season was (and big props to Talbot!), I am still very curious to see how both Nash and AV respond to the playoffs this year- 2 guys who are very important to the team and who don't have very much playoff success.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I thought it was a great game. I can't believe that's the best team in the league. Not that they arent good, but that we looked neck and neck with them (without two top 4 defensemen).

It was a great, very close game between two great teams.

You'll notice at the top of the league standings Montreal and New York Rangers, both are last in the league in man games lost (I believe both under 120 for the season). They are good teams, but they are not by any means out of our league.

Hopefully we don't play down to the competition the next two games, because it has been a nice run lately.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

If they were opposed by Mason rather than Emery, very decent chance they would have got eliminated in the 1st round ( and regardless, the series went 7 games, fwiw ).
And VERY little doubt in my mind the Rags get by Price.

Don't worry, most of us hate the sympathetic pat on the backs from teams that beat us anyway.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I thought it was a great game. I can't believe that's the best team in the league. Not that they arent good, but that we looked neck and neck with them (without two top 4 defensemen).

It was a great, very close game between two great teams.

You'll notice at the top of the league standings Montreal and New York Rangers, both are last in the league in man games lost (I believe both under 120 for the season). They are good teams, but they are not by any means out of our league.

Hopefully we don't play down to the competition the next two games, because it has been a nice run lately.

Honestly, if a loss Wed means we don't get jumped by 3 more teams in the draft at the end of the year and finish outside the top ten--I'm fine with it.

A thumping of Buffalo would be nice though on fan appreciation night.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Rangers really are one of the best teams in the league, I don't know how you can look at the last four months of hockey and think otherwise.

They're not very deep up front though - give them the injuries we had and they'd be awful, like most teams.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Honestly, if a loss Wed means we don't get jumped by 3 more teams in the draft at the end of the year and finish outside the top ten--I'm fine with it.

A thumping of Buffalo would be nice though on fan appreciation night.

One of the true believers along with alphafox, we are the tank brigade. :laugh:

Finishing 0-3 suits me just fine. Not only 1st round but 2nd round position at stake too.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio

And VERY little doubt in my mind the Rags get by Price.[/QUOTE

I just call it like I see it. If the Rags get past a healthy Rask, Bishop, Price, etc goalies of that caliber, I'll give them their props.

Finishing 0-3 suits me just fine. Not only 1st round but 2nd round position at stake too.

Keep dreaming. This team is healthy right now. There's about a snowball's chance in hell they lose to Toronto and Buffalo.
2-1 is the worst they'll potentially go, with the loss being to the Islanders.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

Of course it does. I think you like the draft more than the season itself. Don't really get it, but hey, it's your thing.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

Well I personally am going to be spending about $500 for those last 2 games total and I want to see them win! I don't give a rats ass about the draft, we have more than enough players and prospects to fill 2 teams. Sick and tired of the being ok with losing mentality. If we were in the 1-3 spot and NEEDED that big time player to save our franchise, then I would understand it, but we don't! We have a deep playoff team already if we can just stay healthy! Is there any team in the East right now that you don't think we could beat in a 7 game series as our roster stands now?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Well I personally am going to be spending about $500 for those last 2 games total and I want to see them win! I don't give a rats ass about the draft, we have more than enough players and prospects to fill 2 teams. Sick and tired of the being ok with losing mentality. If we were in the 1-3 spot and NEEDED that big time player to save our franchise, then I would understand it, but we don't! We have a deep playoff team already if we can just stay healthy! Is there any team in the East right now that you don't think we could beat in a 7 game series as our roster stands now?

Going to be interesting to see if anyone outside of 270 shares your sentiments that the roster is good enough now.
I've read several people saying we have a better roster than Rangers, Islanders, etc.
Maybe I'm too short sighted. Maybe I just discount late season rushes too much. Maybe I overestimate the need for a couple top pairing d-men who can stay healthy. Maybe I overestimate the need for another top 6 winger. Maybe I overplay the fact about the bad contracts we have (and the fact that those bad contracts are some of our worst players, if you're overpaying you're best player or a promising player I could get it).
So I wish I shared the optimism of some on here that we are set to make a deep run. I don't think we are - we have some pieces but are missing a lot of important pieces and have a handful of bad contracts that are blocking some potentially better players from playing next season.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Going to be interesting to see if anyone outside of 270 shares your sentiments that the roster is good enough now.
I've read several people saying we have a better roster than Rangers, Islanders, etc.
Maybe I'm too short sighted. Maybe I just discount late season rushes too much. Maybe I overestimate the need for a couple top pairing d-men who can stay healthy. Maybe I overestimate the need for another top 6 winger. Maybe I overplay the fact about the bad contracts we have (and the fact that those bad contracts are some of our worst players, if you're overpaying you're best player or a promising player I could get it).
So I wish I shared the optimism of some on here that we are set to make a deep run. I don't think we are - we have some pieces but are missing a lot of important pieces and have a handful of bad contracts that are blocking some potentially better players from playing next season.

Maybe...

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Ok, TWO rosters might be overkill. Bjorkstrand, Milano are probably 1-2 years away from being "NHL ready." And the D prospects are probably in that same time frame.

But we're playing the Tank-tastic Leafs and Sabres - it'd be a downer to go anything but 2-0-0. We're pretty much guaranteed to pick 8th or 9th, so it's not like winning would keep us from McEichel. Odds will be around 5% or so of winning the lottery, but will jump to 99% IF/WHEN WE SEND NICK GILBERT TO BE OUR REPRESENTATIVE.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Thought I remembered hearing that Dan Gilbert is at least a partial owner/investor in the Lake Erie Monsters? If so, with the pending AHL realignment, he may have more than just a passing interest in helping his downstate neighbor by letting us borrow Nick. Think it would put some fannies in the seats if Connor McDavid was suiting up for the LEM next year? I know that he will likely start in the NHL for whomever drafts him, but we can still use this as a selling point to Dan!

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
Thought I remembered hearing that Dan Gilbert is at least a partial owner/investor in the Lake Erie Monsters? If so, with the pending AHL realignment, he may have more than just a passing interest in helping his downstate neighbor by letting us borrow Nick. Think it would put some fannies in the seats if Connor McDavid was suiting up for the LEM next year? I know that he will likely start in the NHL for whomever drafts him, but we can still use this as a selling point to Dan!

he's the Lake Erie Monsters majority owner so I guess it is in his best interests :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad