Post-Game Talk: GAME #79 - B's look bored - Detroit 6 BRUINS 3 F

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Was thinking the same. He rags the puck well but it usually leads to a non event or turnover.

His play off the puck has not looked good. Might have lots to do with the carousel of partners he’s had. Tough to get settled in a new system too.

Always like trades before the deadline for that reason. Gives players more time to get acclimated. Need a partner though.

Yes, hoping this is a case where it all clicks in the playoffs like with Kelly and Pevs.

Reactions: sarge88

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Everyone leaned on his possession metrics before, which suck now, and he's not scoring, and basically everyone he's played with has done worse.

I like him, but def getting concerned he doesn't have another gear.

I'm more concerned with Johansson. That injury really sucked for him. He has very little time to find the right line. It doesn't help that Cassidy is moving him all over the place, either.

Reactions: bbfan419

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm more concerned with Johansson. That injury really sucked for him. He has very little time to find the right line. It doesn't help that Cassidy is moving him all over the place, either.

They need to just put him with 74 and 46. Not sure why Cassidy is making this out to be nuclear physics or whatever.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They need to just put him with 74 and 46. Not sure why Cassidy is making this out to be nuclear physics or whatever.
Yeah that’s the thing if it isn’t him who is it,it’s either him on the second or Heinen on the first with Pasta on the second .Pick one and go with that there remaining games.Unless Cassidy thinks like me and isn’t convinced either one is a top six,but that’s all you got so stick with one and hope for the best.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Meh. It looked like a preseason game, guys trying not to get hurt.

Better pick it up, I took my vacation time in Boston this year (starting next week) and I'd like to be watching the games first couple games at the garden and not at a bar in Boston.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Look at Heinen, he was playing good hockey with Bergeron or Krejci and now he is in the black hole of the so called third line

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I not concerned about the game, or the result, they get second seed still... I do have a question though, are we all still pretending to be happy with what Coyle has brought so far? Are we allowed to criticize a little now?

I personally will wait until the playoffs to see the net results but I hope for his and our sake something changes because we already got bent over the first time we acquired Jimmy Hayes not sure we had to give up Donato to get him back

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Mojo should go back on the second line. Their shouldn’t be much of a debate about it. If Gryz is playing over Clifton in the playoffs he should play tons of ice time knocking the rust off , Miller too. But until this home ice is decided it’s foolish thinking other wise .

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Mojo with Debrusk and Krejci looked pretty darn good in the games before Mojo got trucked by Ferland. Not sure what the difference is now but it should work just fine again. With Kuraly out seems pretty straightforward IMO.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Not sure why this team always limps into the postseason. The last few years we have lost home ice/playoff position all in the last 5ish games of the season. Fortunately the Leafs look horrible but we can't be counting on them to lose the rest of the season. Gotta take ownership of our own fate for once. I do not want to start the playoffs in Toronto.

Overall it's not the end of the world but I'm sick of this every damn year. Do better. Or if this how they're going to play just sit the big guns.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
If the Maple leafs lose tonight , big if, I would IMO rest Chara and one player on the first line most likely Bergeron or Marchand for the game in Columbus, If leafs win can’t and wouldnt do it. They farted around all weekend now these are the consequences. Getting onto Rask , he’s in there “until home ice is locked up”... officially. Not what you think will or won’t happen scoreboard wise. He will be the first one saying , I need to play better against CBJ when I was pulled and replaced two weeks ago.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I understand sitting Clifton . I get it. But I don’t like it. He hits people maybe he’s young and don’t know any better. But I haven’t seen that from the D in two weeks. Call me crazy but should he play over Gryz in the playoffs. I also understand if he goes for a minus 3 in one of these next three games they’ll sit him . Lol. This will come into the thinking of Cassidy’s this week. It’s not sometimes what you see it’s what the good old brain is thinking.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Mojo should go back on the second line. Their shouldn’t be much of a debate about it. If Gryz is playing over Clifton in the playoffs he should play tons of ice time knocking the rust off , Miller too. But until this home ice is decided it’s foolish thinking other wise .
Don’t get why Cassidy was trying Kulman on the second line,I would hardly doubt that he would even be in the lineup for playoffs.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Don’t get why Cassidy was trying Kulman on the second line,I would hardly doubt that he would even be in the lineup for playoffs.

indeed, i'd rather see him on the Third line until Kuraly comes back then they can bump up Backes(for Heinen reasons :p)

Cassidy needs to stick 74-46-90 together for the remainder of the season so that MoJo can somewhat get familiar with his line-mates

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
WOW, imagine if DeBrusk didn't get a concussion and had a legit scoring winger w/ he and Krejci. The kid could be a 30G/30A guy

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I cannot stress this enough, and it continues to be my main worry with this team: Bruce has to settle on lines. Why on earth is it so hard to just put Mojo on the second line where he was before he got injured? That line looked promising, as did he, when it was Jake, David, Mojo. Then for the love of all things call Cehlarik back up for the final 3 games and put him with Heinen and Coyle. The third line looked pretty good and had good possession numbers when Cehlarik was on it. Even looked like a threat to score multiple shifts per game. His shooting pct is better than most of the team, he creates turnovers, and he is a very good playmaker. DS brought in two players at the deadline, yet Cassidy STILL had a 4th liner on the third line with Coyle for multiple games before last night, and last night had essentially a 4th liner on the second line. Wagner IS NOT a 3rd line player, but he excels on the 4th line. Kuhlman (I love the guy) IS NOT a second line player. What on earth is Cassidy's problem? I was hoping his fascination with 4th line grinders spread throughout the lineup was just a regular season thing, but apparently it's not. The guy is a fool if he thinks his current lineup strategies are going to be enough for the playoffs.

I love the job Bruce has done on the whole, but as I've said all year long, this guy's ceiling worries me. He has a massive blind spot when it comes to balancing out offense with defense. There is a reason the third line has been utter garbage the vast majority of the year -- Cassidy. He thinks just mixing and matching whatever leftovers there are is an ok thing for that line. He has little to no regard for chemistry. He certainly has no concept of the importance for puck possession being a better defense than constantly skating back trying to prevent turnovers from becoming goals. The Bs might get by Toronto (It'll be closer than some here think), but they aren't going any further than that if Bruce continues with his current philosophy of being enamored with low offensive output players in the middle 6. They'll win some games just on talent alone of the first line, but anyone who has watched this sport long enough knows that won't be enough in a 7 game series.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
bruins win 90% of games for 1/4 of the year... whatever

lose 2 games... this is proof we cant win omg the sky is falling

and of course... the fact that EVERY OTHER TEAM IN NHL LOSES TOO... doesnt proof jacksquat. we still suck

our being 3rd place in the standings despite horrendous injury handicap... shut up... dont make excuses

a loss is a loss is a loss... and a loss on a sunday in late march means we are doomed... doomed I tell you... doomed

trust me boys and girls... I wish the team I cheered for went the entire season undefeated. sadly, in over 100 years of nhl that has never happened for any team. there will be some loses during an 82 game schedule.

any 1 loss is no more significant than any 1 win. a dominant win in march doesnt get us the cup... a sucky loss doesnt cost us the cup

we are still going to play Toronto. nothing has changed. lets hope we get and stay healthy. oh, by the way, they are losing games too

Reactions: BarnumEffect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad