GDT: Game 79: Blues @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ+

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Winning games, and not just winning but being the BETTER hockey team, against playoff teams. Keller is going to be a stud for a long time, the rest of the kids looking good, Max’s swagger making a comeback, the D looking good WITHOUT Hammer and Demers, Strome showing he belongs. I’d hate to jinx what is such a fragile organization (and fan base) but f***in’ rights boys, I like the direction.

Edit: boys and girls

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I went to the D-backs game to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the inaugural Opening Day (Yes, on May 31, 1998, the Arizona Diamondbacks played their first-ever season game against the Colorado Rockies. Do you remember where you were?) I should have gone to Glendale. The Coyotes shutout the Blues, 6-0, while the D-Backs suffered their first loss of the season, 2-1. I don't get the life.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Just home from the game. Full marks to the Coyotes on a very well played game. The winner was never in doubt.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Donatello is one of the most famous sculptors of all time.

And he dug a good pizza....

Realistic-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Portraits-2.jpg

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Building pretty loud, jam?
Started fairly tentative as there were plenty of Blue's fans. First goal got a little excitement going, Second picked up more, and the confidence boost from the 3rd was electric. A fun night that had me wondering if they shouldn't just tinker this summer and see if these guys can continue to grow??? The two hits in the 2nd with I think Murphy and Schenn didn't hurt the excitement level either!!! And I'm seeing a very different OEL these days, engages in way more physical play and jumps into offence very regularly. It's like 3 years ago guy.

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Jul 2, 2015
So we actually flew past the blues by six goals? When’s the last time that happened?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Sign me up as a Trevor Murphy fan.
LOVED his play tonight, I was constantly noticing him on the ice trying to make things happen at both ends. He was active, had strong positioning, and played a bigger game than his size.

It's amazing getting to live games, player assessment is so much easier. The blues looked a little gassed but we played great hockey for ~50 minutes. I felt we had fallen on our heals to start the 2nd but then the pressure came roaring back. If we can maintain that type of pressure and positioning at both ends that we had tonight, we will be a playoff team next season.

Even if we had lost tonight, there are still so many positives that I saw. Schenn wasn't even a liability minus a few low percentage mistakes. KConn was probably the most invisible and he had a pretty decent game.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I can't remember the last time we beat the Blues at home, let alone dominated them. Yeo must be incredibly pissed. Raanta was unreal. He's the real deal. I hope we give him what he wants. Strome is an NHL player. He is positionally strong with excellent vision. His 3 assists were no acciedent. I heard Tocchet's comment about him needing to work on speed and defense over the summer and that he had a talent for finding the trailer on transition. Blah. He just doesn't want to hand him a name plate for his locker quite yet. Domi and Keller played well. Finally, I see no need to trade for defensemen at this time. With Demers and Hjalmarsson back, and Murphy to take over for Connauton we should be set and have one of the top 5 defence corps next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00