GDT: Game 79: Avs @ Ducks | Sunday, April 1st, 7pm MT | Of Course

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, there could be teams like STL, and WPG, or others who feel they've under achieved as well.

Oh, that'd be crazy if the Blooz took him back. Wouldn't rule it out though.

I think Winnipeg, if they make the move to can Maurice, will promote the guy currently coaching the Moose in the AHL. He's turning a lot of heads the way Jon Cooper did when he was coaching the Bolts' minor league affiliate. Guaranteed if Maurice and the Jets had stumbled he would've been their next guy in line.

My question is (speaking of Tampa coaches) who in hell wants the Ottawa job if Boucher gets the axe?

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Chicago will have to decide between Quenneville or Bowman. Eventually, though, a coach just loses his voice. He's been coaching the Blackhawks for 10 seasons now. It might be time for players like Toews/Kane/Keith/Seabrook/Crawford/etc to hear a different voice.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, Chicago is trying like hell to rebuild on the fly, one of the most aggressive attempts to do so I can remember since the cap came into being. They sure remind me of the Avs in the waning days of Joe Sakic. I could see them being competitive and entertaining, but I don't think they're contenders any longer unless they land another star defenseman. Maybe Crawford returns to form and they surprise, but I doubt it.

No doubt Q will be hotly pursued if he becomes available. If it happens my guess is Philadelphia. It's the perfect team for him--a pretty stacked roster up front, talented and mobile puckmoving defenders on the back end, and shaky goaltending Q won't hesitate to throw under the bus if they have a bad night. :nod:

They put a lot a more into acquiring young talent than the Avs of that era did. Schmaltz, Debrincat, Hinostrozza, Sikura, etc. should seriously boosts that forward core moving forward. And they've got some nice young top 4 dmen in their system to go with the old f***s until they can compliance buyout Seabrook. If they draft one with their first that's not a bad place just from their drafting and NCAA UFAs.

Then there's their wheeling and dealing, that could shake everything up. I say it half jokingly, but if they get Dahlin, I would not be shocked at all if they could convince Tavares to replace Toews should they dump his contract on a team like the Habs to add even more youth to their system and open that money up for Tavares. Throw in a de Haan or Carlson, and they could be back to contending the instant Crow is cleared.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They put a lot a more into acquiring young talent than the Avs of that era did. Schmaltz, Debrincat, Hinostrozza, Sikura, etc. should seriously boosts that forward core moving forward. And they've got some nice young top 4 dmen in their system to go with the old ****s until they can compliance buyout Seabrook. If they draft one with their first that's not a bad place just from their drafting and NCAA UFAs.

Then there's their wheeling and dealing, that could shake everything up. I say it half jokingly, but if they get Dahlin, I would not be shocked at all if they could convince Tavares to replace Toews should they dump his contract on a team like the Habs to add even more youth to their system and open that money up for Tavares. Throw in a de Haan or Carlson, and they could be back to contending the instant Crow is cleared.

I think your dreams of Leon and Radulov had more merit. They are not going to pull back into contention with that level of players. Their #1/2 D are slipping with nothing realistic to replace them, and their #1C was never franchise level. They traded their best high end supporting piece to CBJ.

They may have some 2nd line players, and some potential top four D in that system, but they don't have anyone coming that can even remotely project to replace their core. Who is slipping to a high degree IMO. I'd say if anything Chicago is more like the Avs than Detroit is as it pertains to their roster and attempting to hang on to relevance. The Avs get shit, but they had Stastny, Stewart, and Barrie/Elliott/Kirk as well. It's not enough..

You and me have a bit of a thing going on wanting Dahlin to play in our City lol.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Chicago will have to decide between Quenneville or Bowman. Eventually, though, a coach just loses his voice. He's been coaching the Blackhawks for 10 seasons now. It might be time for players like Toews/Kane/Keith/Seabrook/Crawford/etc to hear a different voice.
Cant wait for Q to come to Edmonton and put Connor behind the net on the PP.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You just don't hold onto average when elite becomes available. I'd imagine we wouldn't be the only team willing to fire their coach in order to pickup Q. My bet would be that it's the 2018-19 off season though. Both Q and Bednar's contracts end in the same off-season.

I think Q moves on from Chicago in 2019 personally. I've got my doubts they fire him this year.

Why do you think Bednar is average? Q was the first coach in Avalanche history to miss the playoffs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think your dreams of Leon and Radulov had more merit. They are not going to pull back into contention with that level of players. Their #1/2 D are slipping with nothing realistic to replace them, and their #1C was never franchise level. They traded their best high end supporting piece to CBJ.

They may have some 2nd line players, and some potential top four D in that system, but they don't have anyone coming that can even remotely project to replace their core. Who is slipping to a high degree IMO. I'd say if anything Chicago is more like the Avs than Detroit is as it pertains to their roster and attempting to hang on to relevance. The Avs get ****, but they had Stastny, Stewart, and Barrie/Elliott/Kirk as well. It's not enough..

You and me have a bit of a thing going on wanting Dahlin to play in our City lol.

Dahlin & Tavares addresses those issues...d-cat is a 30 goal rookie while Schmaltz is well deserved 50 point rookie. Those two kids, Saad getting his shit together, and the good Sikura brother, is a pretty sweet top 6 around Kaner tavares-upgrade or no.

Even without Dahlin any of Boqvist / Hughes / Smith / Bouchard / Dobson and CDH or Carlson rebuilds that blueline pretty quickly...with Jokiharju coming up, Murphy looking solid, Keith due to bounce back, and Oesterle / Forsling / Hillman

But yeah, us getting Leon is a much better bet than Chicago getting both Dahlin & Tavares...even though both are happening :naughty:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Dahlin & Tavares addresses those issues...d-cat is a 30 goal rookie while Schmaltz is well deserved 50 point rookie. Those two kids, Saad getting his **** together, and the good Sikura brother, is a pretty sweet top 6 around Kaner tavares-upgrade or no.

Even without Dahlin any of Boqvist / Hughes / Smith / Bouchard / Dobson and CDH or Carlson rebuilds that blueline pretty quickly...with Jokiharju coming up, Murphy looking solid, Keith due to bounce back, and Oesterle / Forsling / Hillman

But yeah, us getting Leon is a much better bet than Chicago getting both Dahlin & Tavares...even though both are happening :naughty:

I can't like your post, but I respect your position. Here is to a shit fight between Detroit and Chicago for a rebuild lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad