GDT: Game 79 • 4/6/2015 • Wild vs. Jets • 7:00 PM Central, 3:00 AM Suomi • FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Willy*

Sorry, without the comma in there I didn't understand what you were saying.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Well, aside from meeting and talking to Wes Walz before the game (who was awesome and signed an autograph for my kid), that was about as disappointing a game as you can attend.

The crowd was on the refs all night about the calls, but I'll give the Jets tons of credit for this one. Their defensive positioning last night was amazing. Part of the reason we couldn't pass so well was because we were clearly just gripping our sticks too tight, but the Jets were also doing a great job of clogging lanes and their defense had excellent gap control. They played 60 minutes while we played maybe 15-20.

I'll agree with others that Suter just isn't himself right now. I didn't think he was awful last night, but he sure wasn't Suter-level and really hasn't been for awhile. Mileski was on KFAN last night and mentioned that he didn't think any defensemen had a really great night last night aside from maybe Brodin, and I couldn't agree more. Prosser was okay, but a few icings were on him for not hitting his breakout pass. Dumba had a few rookie mistakes and Scandella and Spurgeon didn't look their best. Another player that I thought had a really tough game was Granlund. He got pushed around quite a bit it just felt like he couldn't get into any rythym, though you could probably say that about quite a bit of Wild players.

The guys have a lot to figure out if they want the playoffs. Feels an awful lot like the last few games of the 2012-13 season where we got in on the last game of the season.

I thought Granlund looked good last night, one of the few guys consistently forechecking and also took some shots which was nice to see. I thought the whole PGP line was the best line.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I thought Granlund looked good last night, one of the few guys consistently forechecking and also took some shots which was nice to see. I thought the whole PGP line was the best line.

Yeah, like I said, any criticism Granlund had last night could be said for any of our players, but I guess I just noticed him struggling or turning over the puck a bit more.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Yeah, like I said, any criticism Granlund had last night could be said for any of our players, but I guess I just noticed him struggling or turning over the puck a bit more.

It's frustrating when our offensive zone strategy relies so heavily on Granlund winning puck battles behind the net

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I thought the 1st line played a good game. Granlund should have scored at least couple goals. But it's better to get scoring chances and not score than don't get scoring chances at all.

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
I thought that was one of Granlund's better games lately. He was involved all over the ice, and had multiple chances. He got caught out at the end of a shift a couple times, but I think he had a good game.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
You guys are fine. Win one game against three teams trying to avoid injury going into the playoffs.

As a Winnipeg fan on the outside looking in at your situation, I can easily say your situation is pretty low-risk even with some of the mediocre play lately.

If I were you guys, I'd try to sit at 97 pts and let the Jets take the #1 Wild Card spot so you get a weaker path to the Stanley Cup... :sarcasm:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
In regards to evaluating players, I thought Nino had a brutal game (of course I hope he's okay though). Same with Spurgeon...Fontaine...etc.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
In regards to evaluating players, I thought Nino had a brutal game (of course I hope he's okay though). Same with Spurgeon...Fontaine...etc.

Agree completely. The bolded were turnover machines last night. I felt like whenever those two got the puck, the Jets were going to get it from them immediately thereafter.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Nino was surprisingly sooooooo weak on his skates the entire game. He just fell down in the corners multiple times...thought he would be able to use his size a little better.

Most memorable for me about Spurgeon was I believe on the PK, we had an EASY chance to clear it all the way down and he threw it right into the Dman's chest, preventing a clear and keeping us in the zone much longer than necessary. Both of them need to be better.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Jets played much better team game than the Wild last night. Their distances in the neutral zone were tight. They were physical but disciplined and battled hard. Wild's team defense seemed scattered. And I think that's why our individuals looked also more vulnerable. Watched only two periods though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad