Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
lo7g7jn.png

:wild ...............vs. ...............:jets
...(44-26-8).........................................(40-26-12)

Wild.com Preview
In its final regular season home game, the Minnesota Wild has a chance to punch a ticket to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Wild can secure a postseason berth with a win in regulation tonight against Central Division rival, the Winnipeg Jets.

Minnesota has earned a point in every contest against the Jets this season, going 2-0-2, with a single goal deciding each game. The Wild won 4-3 in overtime Nov. 16 and lost 4-3 in overtime Dec. 27 at Xcel Energy Center, and earned a 3-2 win Dec. 29 and lost 2-1 in overtime Feb. 10 at MTS Centre.

Despite being in a battle for the wild card spot, Minnesota (44-26-8) ranks fifth in the Western Conference and 10th in the National Hockey League. The club’s 96 points this season is the fourth-most in team history.

Wild captain Mikko Koivu missed Saturday’s contest against the Detroit Red Wings due to a scratched cornea. It was the first game he’s missed this season. Koivu has nine points (4-5=9) in his last 11 games and is T-3rd on the Wild with 21 points (7-14=21) since the All-Star Break. We’ll have to wait until after morning skate to know if he’ll be back in the lineup tonight.

In an eight-round shootout on Saturday, the Wild was edged by the Red Wings, 3-2. Forward Zach Parise scored both goals in regulation, including a power play goal in the third period to send the game into overtime. Goaltender Devan Dubnyk made 20 saves in the loss.

The Jets topped the Vancouver Canucks, 5-4, on Saturday. Winnipeg was paced by two goals from Lee Stempniak and tallies from Jim Slater, Michael Frolik and Mark Scheifele. Netminder Ondrej Pavelec made 26 saves to secure the win.

2H9aIeB.png

KZp0Lz6.png

[NHL]801068[/NHL]

[fieldset="Quotes, from Russo"]Thomas Vanek: “You lose a shootout, everyone’s disappointed, you win a shootout and it’s a great night,†Vanek said, somewhat sarcastically. “But, it wasn’t a good night for us. We played like garbage the first 40 minutes. At that point, we didn’t even deserve a point. We played hard in the third, but we just need to regroup and be better because we’re in for more of the same.â€

“We just need to get back to our game and controlling the game,†Vanek said. “After those four days off, I don’t know, I don’t think we lost anything, but we wanted to win so bad to clinch a spot that sometimes when you think too much it goes backwards.â€

Mike Yeo: “We know what’s at stake for them, we know what’s at stake for ourselves. We know it’s going to be an intense game.â€

Erik Haula: “The penalty I took [Saturday], that was probably my worst shift of the game. I feel like I get that extra drive when the playoffs start. I’ve always been like that. Not to say that this year’s going to be like last year because last year was obviously top of the line, but I want to definitely be a big piece when we get there and be in the lineup.â€
[/FIELDSET]

Jets Leading Scorers

Andrew Ladd | 78 GP | 24g | 37a | 61p | 72 PIM | +9

Ladd1.jpg

Blake Wheeler | 76 GP | 25g | 35a | 60p | 71 PIM | +25
Bryan Little | 67 GP | 24g | 28a | 52p | 20 PIM | +8
Mark Scheifele | 78 GP | 15g | 32a | 47p | 24 PIM | +8
Dustin Byfuglien | 68 GP | 18g | 27a | 45p | 122 PIM | +5

Probable Starting Goalie

Ondrej Pavelic | 20-16-7 | 2.44 GAA | .915 SV%

AR-301159649.jpg&updated=201501160007&maxw=512&maxh=512

Wild Leading Scorers

Zach Parise | 71 GP | 32g | 28a | 60p | 41 PIM | +21

Parise.jpg

Jason Pominville | 78 GP | 17g | 35a | 52p | 8 PIM | +9
Thomas Vanek | 77 GP | 21g | 30a | 51p | 35 PIM | -5
Mikko Koivu | 77 GP | 14g | 33a | 47p | 38 PIM | +2
Nino and Suter tied with 37

Probable Starting Goalie

Devan Dubnyk* | 26-7-2 | 1.74 GAA | .937 SV%
* - stats with Wild

4MmiHdU.jpg

:wild

Probable Lines

3lsVgwx.png

VfRmdwE.png

:jets

Probable Lines

DfSInLJ.png

DAf6ECF.png

Let's Go Wild!!!

ParisePreview42613.jpg

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Little scared of this...we should be desperate but the Jets are in a very bad place if they lose in regulation. This could be an extremely intense game. Glad Buff isn't playing.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Going to this one! First game of the year for the wife and I. Should be insane in the X tonight with the Jets fans and the game itself should be pretty intense.

jonah-hill-screaming.gif

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Interesting...

Pavelec vs. Dubnyk. I know Pavelec has been playing well, but I almost like playing him instead of Hutch too.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Lets win and shut those jets fans in the building up.

That's another reason why I wish our home record vs traveling teams was better. If we beat them enough, maybe they'll stop invading the building

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
lol on russo twitter there's a pic of backs and buff chatting it up... seems like such an unlikely pair to converse

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Going to this one! First game of the year for the wife and I. Should be insane in the X tonight with the Jets fans and the game itself should be pretty intense.

jonah-hill-screaming.gif

Jets/Wild games are my favorite. They are even intense in October. Probably will be tons of Jets fans there but honestly they bring the best out in Wild fans when it comes to getting loud. With all that is on the line tonight, it's going to be insane in there.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
If only we were playing Buffalo tomorrow :laugh:

:laugh: I know, right?

Massive game tonight. Seriously, we win and it's celebration time, we lose and it's time to start biting the nails from nervousness. This has to be the biggest game of the season so far.

Just win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad