And all is right with the world.
latest

I'm much, much better.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Poms is just waiting till overtime in Game 7 of the Cup Finals to score that magical game winner. It's coming.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Well, this team is starting to show all the signs of the old Wild. Can't win any big games and might probably JUST squeak in to the playoffs before an early exit. Looking bad guys, looking bad.

Streetcandy

Jan 9, 2015
Well the Sharks are eliminated with nothing to play for, so that looks pretty easy for them to get two more.

I wouldn't say that, the Sharks might have the opportunity to eliminate the team that they failed to knock out of the playoffs last year. It would be like us playing the Avs on the final game, no way do they just throw in the towel because they're already eliminated.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
We got shutout by Ondrej Freakin Pavelec, in our final home game of the year, in a game where if we win in regulation/OT, we clinch a playoff spot.

Doesn't get more Minnesotan than that :laugh:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Even if we lose tonight, I THINK all three of WPG, CAL, and LA have to win for our magic number not to go down again.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think LA is going to get 5-6 points and end up somewhere 98-99 so the Wild needs 3 points to get in.

Huge game tonight.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Just got back from the game. Minnesota sports typical. Can't win a big game. Chance to clinch the playoffs and they lay an egg.
On a side note, has anyone else noticed how bad Suter has been lately? Can't win a race to the puck, losing battles, hasn't talked to the media in pre/post game in what seems like weeks. What is going on with him?

I especially noticed it last night for sure, he looked awful

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Well, aside from meeting and talking to Wes Walz before the game (who was awesome and signed an autograph for my kid), that was about as disappointing a game as you can attend.

The crowd was on the refs all night about the calls, but I'll give the Jets tons of credit for this one. Their defensive positioning last night was amazing. Part of the reason we couldn't pass so well was because we were clearly just gripping our sticks too tight, but the Jets were also doing a great job of clogging lanes and their defense had excellent gap control. They played 60 minutes while we played maybe 15-20.

I'll agree with others that Suter just isn't himself right now. I didn't think he was awful last night, but he sure wasn't Suter-level and really hasn't been for awhile. Mileski was on KFAN last night and mentioned that he didn't think any defensemen had a really great night last night aside from maybe Brodin, and I couldn't agree more. Prosser was okay, but a few icings were on him for not hitting his breakout pass. Dumba had a few rookie mistakes and Scandella and Spurgeon didn't look their best. Another player that I thought had a really tough game was Granlund. He got pushed around quite a bit it just felt like he couldn't get into any rythym, though you could probably say that about quite a bit of Wild players.

The guys have a lot to figure out if they want the playoffs. Feels an awful lot like the last few games of the 2012-13 season where we got in on the last game of the season.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Not worried. The game itself wasn't fun. But going to the game was other than dumb wild fans being stupid to jets fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad