Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Was hoping for Varly to skate out.

f***ing hell, Ducks scored.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Good win, but be ready for the worst possible results in those other games. 3 point game in LA Ducks game, Ducks getting 2, and Blues winning. I'm totally ready for that outcome

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Beauchemin with the primary assist on that Ducks goal because it all comes back to the Avs.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Ah, great insults. Super mature. No, it wasn't malicious, but he went in full speed. No different than being reckless with your stick and high sticking someone in the face.
He went in full speed and lost an edge it happens sometimes in the game of hockey. Its also Tomas Jurco not Matt Cooke. The players on the ice knew what was goin on there. If they thought otherwise he wouldve gotten his face punched especially in a 4-0 game dont you think?

Reactions: cgf

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Good win, but be ready for the worst possible results in those other games. 3 point game in LA Ducks game, Ducks getting 2, and Blues winning. I'm totally ready for that outcome
Don't you put that evil on us!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I'm not. Avs are just cursed. Unluckiest team in the NHL
Well just last night, Chicago lost their starting goalie in a freak soccer accident, and then lost their back up 5 mins into the 3rd. Then the Jets couldn't score an a beer-league accountant for 15 minutes, despite getting good chances.

Bad luck is everywhere.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Well just last night, Chicago lost their starting goalie in a freak soccer accident, and then lost their back up 5 mins into the 3rd. Then the Jets couldn't score an a beer-league accountant for 15 minutes, despite getting good chances.

Bad luck is everywhere.
I don't know how that's relevant to Avs not getting any help from other teams for their playoff chances, not to mention injury after injury to key players at this time of the year. Just so damn unlucky

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Such a frustrating game in that the Avs finally find success on the PP and get secondary scoring only to lose their starting goalie with ~6 minutes left to go in the game. It'd be so much easier to blame Jurco for being reckless/doing it on purpose but I can't as it wasn't done recklessly or on purpose. This is hockey and high speed collisions happen leading to injuries. This is why goalie depth is important so when the starter goes down there's still a chance at winning games with the other goalie in net. Not going to be easy though as Bernier isn't the consistent goalie that Varly has been this season (especially down the stretch) but if the offense gets hot enough it's still doable. I don't have a good feeling that Varly will be back this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad