Girard/Nemeth - EJ
Zadorov - Barrie
Girard - Alt

Varlamov/Bernier

Reactions: AvsMakar08

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's not going to be Foster. They only played him because it was an emergency and there was no time to recall anybody else mid-game. They just recalled Berube, that's undoubtedly who will be starting tomorrow.

No doubt he is on a plane to Denver as we speak, hopefully he's good and tired.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
Is it typical for teams to not practice this time of year? I thought it was interesting (to my knowledge and from what Altitude has said) that the Avs haven't practiced since, well I don't really know when.. but from my understanding is it's been a while minus voluntary things?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anaheim and LA play each other tonight...

So one way or another, a team we're chasing is not going to get 2 points tonight.

As long as we win tonight game we'll still control our own fate heading into the last week of the season. If we win and the Ducks lose we'll actually jump ahead of them in the standings before the biggest game of the season on Sunday night.

If the Ducks win and we win, well we stay 1 point behind them, but also jump back to just 1 point behind LA with a game in hand.

So we still control our own fate. But this is a huge game for a couple of reasons. One, there's no excuse to lose to a team that far down the standings, coming in on the 2nd night of a B2B, with a 3rd string goalie in net. The second reason this game is huge, is it gives the forwards(Especially Mack and Rantanen) the chance to get on the scoreboard again and get rid of this cold streak that the offense has went on lately.

Both games against Vegas and the game against Philly were winnable games, but the offense simply could not score goals when we needed them to. We need that offense to come back if we're going to make a run of things down the stretch.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
MacK and Rants have done a ton for this team this season, and it would be an unfair expectation for them to just carry this team into the playoffs by themselves... but if the Avs are going to make it, that is what it will take. The top line needs to produce at least 2 goals to win tonight.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I've stayed and remain optimistic about their playoff chances mostly since at this point in this season it would be gravy and so I see no reason not to stay optimistic and I've pretty much be able to zen myself with however the rest of the season goes, playoffs would obviously be amazing but if they miss there's still so much positive to take from this year.

That said, realistically if they lose this one it's done so hopefully they can translate what has not been that bad of play the last two losses into some goals tonight. Also hoping mightily that the Ducks/Kings game does not become a 3 pointer.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
That guy Foster had better rebound control than Varlamov usually does, it's probably a good thing we're not playing him.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad