BRUINS GDT GAME 78 7:08 PM - 'Leafs Nation' visit Boston - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SNO, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 1050 CHUM-AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
You just proved my point. BOS can't win without the help of the refs.

Maple Leafs postseason history: When was the last time Toronto won a playoff series?​

You have to go back to the 2004 playoffs to find the Maple Leafs' last postseason series win.

The last time a Maple Leafs team hoisted the Stanley Cup was in 1967. Dave Keon helped lead the team to the win, as Toronto took down rival Montreal in six games to grab the franchise its 13th Stanley Cup.

It's been all downhill from there. The Maple Leafs' drought of 55 seasons without a Stanley Cup is the longest streak in NHL history.

Not only that, but they have never even made it back to the Finals since then. Yikes.

Last edited:

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006

Maple Leafs postseason history: When was the last time Toronto won a playoff series?​

You have to go back to the 2004 playoffs to find the Maple Leafs' last postseason series win.

The last time a Maple Leafs team hoisted the Stanley Cup was in 1967. Dave Keon helped lead the team to the win, as Toronto took down rival Montreal in six games to grab the franchise its 13th Stanley Cup.

It's been all downhill from there. The Maple Leafs' drought of 54 seasons without a Stanley Cup is the longest streak in NHL history.

Not only that, but they have never even made it back to the Finals since then. Yikes.

All because of the refs lol. If there is one team in NHL the refs are biased to it’s the leafs. Pretty sure 31 other fans bases would agree with that. I hope they never win another in my lifetime.. brings me as much joy to watch them lose as the bruins win. Primarily because of their “we’re gonna win the cup every year”.. fan base

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Just as stupid as when this board collectively whines.

Refs are getting a shit on from both sides for what ultimately was the correct call. Kampf didn’t play it nor did Zacha
Actually Kampf clearly did play it, but I think the penalty only comes if it's played to a teammate and playing with the hand causes an advantage. I think that's the rule, but would need to confirm.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

It's been all downhill from there. The Maple Leafs' drought of 55 seasons without a Stanley Cup is the longest streak in NHL history.

Its always weird to think the Leafs haven't won since '67 yet still have more than double the cup wins in franchise history compared to Boston.

Thank Christ for 2011 otherwise we'd be pretty much in the same boat

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
In Toronto, the refs are SO BIASED for Toronto their fans get spoiled and expect it everywhere. Everybody outside of those fanbases knows Toronto and Montreal have always gotten the best refereeing in their favor, especially at home. Part of the reason I hate them both.

Glad we won, but if we do play them in the playoffs it will not be easy. For all the lofty records we are breaking in this magical season the playoffs are still going to be a war and we will need to bring everything every night.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It really must suck to not have been to a SCF since 1967, or to have even won a round in the playoffs since 2013, or to have only won one playoff round in the past 17 seasons. I'm sure for the past 50+ years of losing it has been the refs fault. Imagine coming onto another teams message board complaining about refs in a meaningless game in which the team you lost to was missing a good chunk of its starting players. The tears are delightful.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Actually Kampf clearly did play it, but I think the penalty only comes if it's played to a teammate and playing with the hand causes an advantage. I think that's the rule, but would need to confirm.
The penalty comes if you close your hand on the puck. You're allowed to hand pass
in your own zone, and the face off was in the Toronto zone. So the issue they had to
decide was whether Kampf closed his hand on the puck. It seems they chose to
say that he didn't.

Reactions: hrdpuk

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Nope, not on the faceoff.
“Play will not be stopped for any hand pass by players in their own defending zone. The location of the puck when contacted by either the player making the hand pass or the player receiving the hand pass shall determine the zone it is in.”

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Whatever cookie you guys are inhaling after that comeback won tonight~ lol
Had a lunch out today, as I'm waiting for my contract to get funded so I can start work, and had to take my mom in for an eye procedure anyway. After lunch and a couple of errands, had the hankering for a shake, so we went back to the plaza where we ate lunch, as we had seen a Handel's ice cream store there (Excellent hand made ice cream!), but it turns out it was still under construction. But around the corner was a craft cookie store. My wife sticks her head in, ask if they have shakes, and by a stroke of luck, they do! they make their shakes with edible cookie dough as the thickener. Walked out with a salted caramel brownie shake along with two cookies - German chocolate cake and a "Brookie"; a cookie with brownie chunks baked in, and toasted coconut both in and on top. The German chocolate cake cookie didn't even make it til dinner time...

Tl;dr: Had lunch, then got fabulous cookies. Ate cookie, Bruins won. You're welcome.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
“Play will not be stopped for any hand pass by players in their own defending zone. The location of the puck when contacted by either the player making the hand pass or the player receiving the hand pass shall determine the zone it is in.”
Wrong. Different rules for the faceoff. The "marc Savard" rule.

Reactions: hrdpuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad