BRUINS GDT GAME 78 7:08 PM - 'Leafs Nation' visit Boston - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SNO, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 1050 CHUM-AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
kindly point out the rule?
Rule 76 - Face-off
Both players facing-off are prohibited from batting the puck with their hand in an attempt to win the face-off. Any attempt by either center to win the face-off by batting the puck with their hand shall result in a minor penalty.

Reactions: hrdpuk

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
All because of the refs lol. If there is one team in NHL the refs are biased to it’s the leafs. Pretty sure 31 other fans bases would agree with that. I hope they never win another in my lifetime.. brings me as much joy to watch them lose as the bruins win. Primarily because of their “we’re gonna win the cup every year”.. fan base
Oilers

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Actually Kampf clearly did play it, but I think the penalty only comes if it's played to a teammate and playing with the hand causes an advantage. I think that's the rule, but would need to confirm.
@CharasLazyWrister - I finally found the specific rule: 67.2 and it's actually a penalty if wither player taking the face-off plays the puck with his hand before a third player touches it. They must have deemed the stick to have touched it, but I still think that Kampf played it with his hand before the stick. Though I can see how they'd come to the conclusion that a stick touched it, or at the very least said amongst themselves that they knew it wasn't a penalty on Zacha, and was probably actually a penalty on Kampf, but there was no way in hell they were going to make THAT call, so they just (correctly) washed out the call on Zacha.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
No PGT? Guess I'll post our annual thing here then.

You ALREADY know the drill.
giphy.gif

CUE IT!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Nesn classic on right now from 19 years ago. Not a series to remember though as the Canadiens were victorious in 7 games.

Raycroft in net for the Bruins and Dale doing PBP.

Reactions: Gordoff

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Bruins played really well in the first, their PK has been amazing, second period was not good at all. When it matters, they turn it up and win - Pasta is clutch, even when he isn't feeling well. I still don't get the misconduct on Greer. Sportsnet feed is crap, they didn't go back and explain anything, I don't even think they mentioned the misconduct and it wasn't until someone here mentioned it that I realized. The camera kept going to the Leafs bench during live play, it was so frustrating.

As far as the penalty in OT, credit to Sportsnet for actually saying it was the only thing to do to save a goal and was a good penalty to take. The called off penalty on the Bruins was correct, the Leafs fans are just used to getting everything handed to them. Amazing how they think they were screwed by the refs, they don't realize they got preferential treatment last night? Even the title of their post game thread reflects their poor sportsmanship.

Love beating Toronto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad