GDT: Game 77 | CBJ @ TOR | 7 PM EST

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Toronto people (TSN) are saying it should've been a glove pass (Roslo to Foudy in the neutral zone) and I agree based on the replay. We are victims of Toronto getting shafted.

Reactions: Marioesque

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Got dominated possession wise. Didn’t give up many chances though. Greaves let in the only one they had.

Not good optics

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Shots 15-5 but score 1-1. Smells like a tight game again but at least the Leafs were looking more dangerous than some of our past opponents.

Greaves has played good so far.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Maybe instead of putting the blame on the CBJ not tanking, perhaps some of the blame should be assessed to the other teams

Consider many CBJ fans are calling for the coach to be fired (with the implication that he isn’t a good coach), then consider not only the AHL goalies they have been putting out there AND that at least half of this roster shouldn’t even sniff the NHL, it seems to be that there ain’t much the Jackets can do to further the tank than actually fixing games to lose.

my point is that they are putting a minor league team out there and the players are outperforming the expectations

I really don’t know what else they can do other than to tell the players not to put forth the effort and that will never happen

maybe the other team is to blame by playing down to the Jackets level of suck

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Toronto is not interested in winning this game. We’re going to win 3-2

Reactions: Monk

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Pretty scary there with Johnson's skate on Marner's calf, doesn't look like it cut through luckily. Hopefully players start to wear cut resistant stuff soon...

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
The amount of expletives here had Foudy managed to pass to Roslovic on that 2-on-1 shorthanded... Toronto is skilled and they are creating but there's just some kind of killer instinct missing right now.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Yeah Toronto is locked in to play Tampa, only the home ice advantage is up for grabs.

But they are miles better in dominating us than the Bruins or Sens were. Just can't score. That Kerfoot pass was a thing of beauty but whoever got that just failed massively (shot it way high or something). Greaves playing well I think.

Hehe TSN says we have 9 players in today's roster who would be eligible to play in an NHL exhibition game (sounded similar to preseason veteran rules).

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Maybe instead of putting the blame on the CBJ not tanking, perhaps some of the blame should be assessed to the other teams

Consider many CBJ fans are calling for the coach to be fired (with the implication that he isn’t a good coach), then consider not only the AHL goalies they have been putting out there AND that at least half of this roster shouldn’t even sniff the NHL, it seems to be that there ain’t much the Jackets can do to further the tank than actually fixing games to lose.

my point is that they are putting a minor league team out there and the players are outperforming the expectations

I really don’t know what else they can do other than to tell the players not to put forth the effort and that will never happen

maybe the other team is to blame by playing down to the Jackets level of suck
Quite possibly the correct answer. Teams who are comfortably in the playoffs don't want to be stupid and risky. Teams that are out of it won't have much motivation to play well. They might be out but aren't exactly in tank mode.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Quite possibly the correct answer. Teams who are comfortably in the playoffs don't want to be stupid and risky. Teams that are out of it won't have much motivation to play well. They might be out but aren't exactly in tank mode.
And so maybe the motto for the Jackets now should be

Don’t get hooked

Roslovic is who he is, he plays better at the end of the year when little is on the line

Greaves May not be as good as he looks, note the competition

Jarmo and others can’t fall into the trap again of thinking some players will improve next year, especially if they are playing Well this time of year

Buyer beware

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad