GDT: GAME 77 3/28/18 Aves vs. Flyera - Hey, least they're wearing orange!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
DZbe8PDUMAACPFI

Found this on the Flyers board, they did all they could to win last nights game even if Landeslog somehow lost this game on his own as some people think...

Reactions: cgf and McMetal

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What would be the Avs lottery percentage if they finish where they are which would be 16th in the league I guess

Edit: never mind, it's like a 1% chance or something if they finish where they are

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The hell you didn’t, Skip. I guess it’s just a coincidence that the post of yours I quoted just happened to only mention Landeskog?
Sorry it was the heat of the moment in watching our captain fail us when we needed it most.

The whole team was bad, I will fully admit it. It wasn't just Landeskog, he just was the guy who happened to royally f*** us in the end. I would have been equally as mad had it been Rantanen or MacKinnon or anyone who missed the bunny. It was just one off those plays that you have to have if you want to win games.

Once again I'm sorry that you are one of those guys who just always looks the other way when Landeskog f***s up or plays like shit. I just call it how I see it, and Landeskog f***ed us last night by missing the easiest most clutch goal of his career, and has blown at least 6 golden chances to score big goals the past 4 games. I've liked his compete level, but that only goes so far we need him to help in the scoring as well. Hustle only goes so far, need to show up on the scoresheet, and this sentiment goes for MacKinnon and Rantanen as well. The three of them picked a bad time to fall apart offensively.

The captain has to step up in these situations, Sakic did it all the time. Not saying Landeskog has to be Sakic level clutch, but a big goal here and there especially when they are on your stick 6 inches from the net would be nice.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Sorry it was the heat of the moment in watching our captain fail us when we needed it most.

The whole team was bad, I will fully admit it. It wasn't just Landeskog, he just was the guy who happened to royally **** us in the end. I would have been equally as mad had it been Rantanen or MacKinnon or anyone who missed the bunny. It was just one off those plays that you have to have if you want to win games.

Once again I'm sorry that you are one of those guys who just always looks the other way when Landeskog ****s up or plays like ****. I just call it how I see it, and Landeskog ****ed us last night by missing the easiest most clutch goal of his career, and has blown at least 6 golden chances to score big goals the past 4 games. I've liked his compete level, but that only goes so far we need him to help in the scoring as well. Hustle only goes so far, need to show up on the scoresheet, and this sentiment goes for MacKinnon and Rantanen as well. The three of them picked a bad time to fall apart offensively.

The captain has to step up in these situations, Sakic did it all the time. Not saying Landeskog has to be Sakic level clutch, but a big goal here and there especially when they are on your stick 6 inches from the net would be nice.
Good god man, do you not realize how difficult of a play that was?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

The whole team was bad, I will fully admit it. It wasn't just Landeskog, he just was the guy who happened to royally **** us in the end. I would have been equally as mad had it been Rantanen or MacKinnon or anyone who missed the bunny. It was just one off those plays that you have to have if you want to win games.

Once again I'm sorry that you are one of those guys who just always looks the other way when Landeskog ****s up or plays like ****. I just call it how I see it, and Landeskog ****ed us last night by missing the easiest most clutch goal of his career, and has blown at least 6 golden chances to score big goals the past 4 games. I've liked his compete level, but that only goes so far we need him to help in the scoring as well. Hustle only goes so far, need to show up on the scoresheet, and this sentiment goes for MacKinnon and Rantanen as well. The three of them picked a bad time to fall apart offensively.

Yes....YES, allow your hatred of Landeskog flow through your veins.

Except you didn't call anything in the post I quoted like you saw it, once again you decided to go off on a rant about Landeskog failing to score a goal (and ignoring a post from Cousin Eddie about that...don't worry, I'll put it below) to tie the game. You laid the blame for the loss on his shoulders and his shoulders alone. It's alright if you want to go back and change that (and I mean that), but don't say you didn't solely blame him when the only player you named in your post was him. Instead of looking at the Landeskog play and being upset, what about how terrible the PP was last night? Cashing in on even one of those ties the game. You see, that's my point--the whole team is to blame for the loss.

As far as this "easiest most clutch goal of his career", I think I'd put more stock into what Cousin Eddie said about it (someone who's played competitive hockey):

I don't like breaking out the "do you play hockey?" card, but it's pretty easy to see on here that some people don't understand that it wasn't a simple "tap in" for Landeskog at the end of the game there.

Puck coming through traffic is impossible to track. Landy's angle along with him fighting off a defender makes it impossible to just "tip" it in. He had to apply force to make the puck go back the other way. It was more of a one timer than a tip from that position. By the time the puck got through and was actually visible to landy he hardly had enough time to even get a stick on it to "tip" it, let alone actually react and push his stick forward to actually shoot it into the net.

[EDIT]

Also, it's kind of hard to take you seriously when you say that you "weren't just blaming Landeskog..." and then in the same exact post say:

and Landeskog ****ed us last night by missing the easiest most clutch goal of his career

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs44

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Here's a question for you guys. Heading into the season what were your best case scenario expectations this year?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Here's a question for you guys. Heading into the season what were your best case scenario expectations this year?

Pretty much right where we are. Bubble team, but maybe not quite this level. High 80s in points.

That was hoping for a bump in MacK's production (not to this level), and one of our younger centers taking the #2C role and running with it. MacK has went above and beyond, but pretty much every rookie has hit a wall here in the second half. Which is something we're probably going to have to get used to with all of the College prospects we have.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I guessed 70-75 points before the season, so it's all good. Didn't expect MacKinnon, Rantanen and Barrie to take this big a step forward. Didn't expect the goaltending to be this good, even though it was bad the first couple of months.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Before the season started, fighting for the playoffs in the last week of the season would’ve been seen as a great season.

Fast forward a bit, and the same people who would’ve rejoiced at the beginning of the season for being in this spot, are in full-fledge disappointment.

The expectations are very free-flowing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs predictions:

- Nathan MacKinnon cracks 65 points
- Mikko Rantanen cracks 30 goals
- Sven Andrighetto cracks 45 points
- Matt Duchene scores less than 45 points but does not get traded all season
- Semyon Varlamov gets hurt and Jonathan Bernier plays 40+ games
- Nail Yakupov scores 25+ goals

NHL predictions:

- Edmonton Oilers win the Stanley Cup
- Chicago Blackhawks miss the playoffs entirely
- Clayton Keller wins the Calder Trophy
- Toronto Maple Leafs struggle for a Wild Card spot
- Montreal Canadiens miss the playoffs
- Jack Eichel finishes top-5 in league scoring
- Connor McDavid wins the Art Ross + Hart trophies
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson wins the Norris; Arizona Coyotes claim a Wild Card spot

Well, these were my predictions prior to the season starting. Whiffed on Andirhgetto, Duchene, and Yakupov.

For the non-Avs, boy was I wrong about Edmonton, Toronto, Arizona and OEL.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Boys tried, bad luck. Hammond was a positive surprise to me. Not half as disappointed as when we played LA. Still, we should’ve had a point this game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Nope not even putting Asia on in the background made this wall of nonsense palatable

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriated_texan

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yes....YES, allow your hatred of Landeskog flow through your veins.

Except you didn't call anything in the post I quoted like you saw it, once again you decided to go off on a rant about Landeskog failing to score a goal (and ignoring a post from Cousin Eddie about that...don't worry, I'll put it below) to tie the game. You laid the blame for the loss on his shoulders and his shoulders alone. It's alright if you want to go back and change that (and I mean that), but don't say you didn't solely blame him when the only player you named in your post was him. Instead of looking at the Landeskog play and being upset, what about how terrible the PP was last night? Cashing in on even one of those ties the game. You see, that's my point--the whole team is to blame for the loss.

As far as this "easiest most clutch goal of his career", I think I'd put more stock into what Cousin Eddie said about it (someone who's played competitive hockey):

[EDIT]

Also, it's kind of hard to take you seriously when you say that you "weren't just blaming Landeskog..." and then in the same exact post say:
I'm mad at all the stuff you mentioned as well we played a poor game as a whole lots of different players had opportunities that they blew, but it's hard to get past watching Landeskog, our captain and fearless leader, shanking a perfect pass 6 inches from the goal with 10 seconds left to tie to game, that was the crusher.

It's frustrating to know we were that close to tying it up and salvaging the game and probably our playoff hopes, and Landy blew it. And I'm allowed to be frustrated by it, that's my right. I know deep down that he didn't cost us the game directly, but he sure as hell didn't help us win it either.

As for Cousin Eddie's post, I read it. I disagree. That's fine if you want to take his view over mine, I don't care. IMO a NHL player has to put that pass into the net. Cousin Eddie, according you, played competitive hockey (I guess I'll just have to take your word on that because I don't know if it's the truth or not because I don't know the guy) so I guess he has merit to his point. What you don't know is that I watched the game with two guys who also played competitive hockey, at the D1 NCAA level, and they both agree with my viewpoint of that was a goal that has to be scored and Landy blew it. So obviously it can be viewed both ways from people who played competitive hockey.

I guess I don't know why you're allowed to have your opinion on what happened, but if I have an opinion that differs from yours it's clearly wrong. I'm allowed to think that Landeskog f***ed up badly at the end last night. I'm allowed to not like Landeskog as a player. Obviously we don't see eye to eye on Landeskog. That's OK, I think you're wrong, you think I'm wrong, it's no big deal and I don't think any less of you as a poster on these forums. Can we just please move on from, the Landeskog topic. It's very clear that we won't ever agree on him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I guess I don't know why you're allowed to have your opinion on what happened, but if I have an opinion that differs from yours it's clearly wrong. I'm allowed to think that Landeskog ****ed up badly at the end last night. I'm allowed to not like Landeskog as a player. Obviously we don't see eye to eye on Landeskog. That's OK, I think you're wrong, you think I'm wrong, it's no big deal and I don't think any less of you as a poster on these forums. Can we just please move on from, the Landeskog topic. It's very clear that we won't ever agree on him.

I don’t think he’s saying that you can’t have an opinion, I just think he’s saying that it’s just a little convenient that the majority of your GDT posts are Landy bashing. It gets old when 90% of your posts in GDT’s are how our captain is an awful leader, can’t do anything, and has proven time and time again that he shouldn’t be leading this team. Again yes you can have that opinion, but Landy does a lot of good and your awfully quiet when he does good; like his hat trick that almost completed an epic comeback against the Lightning, or his awesome play against the Blues where he had a massive back check and made an incredible play to set up Rants on a breakaway. The same narrative just gets a little tired sometimes.

Reactions: Foppberg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Dahlin and not getting bent over in the Duchene trade.
Same more or less lol. We got 90 pts from Mackinnon. That in of itself is a great thing not to mention 80 from Mikko and not getting bent in the Duchene trade. Dahlin a pipe dream at this point but everything else gravy right now. Everyone should just try to enjoy the remaining games because its likely we wont see Avalanche hockey till pre season in September.

Reactions: cgf

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
70 points and Dahlin.

To be honest I'd take that over 90 points and heart breaking playoff miss by couple of points.

90 and 80 points for MacK and Rantanen are nice though

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don’t think he’s saying that you can’t have an opinion, I just think he’s saying that it’s just a little convenient that the majority of your GDT posts are Landy bashing. It gets old when 90% of your posts in GDT’s are how our captain is an awful leader, can’t do anything, and has proven time and time again that he shouldn’t be leading this team. Again yes you can have that opinion, but Landy does a lot of good and your awfully quiet when he does good; like his hat trick that almost completed an epic comeback against the Lightning, or his awesome play against the Blues where he had a massive back check and made an incredible play to set up Rants on a breakaway. The same narrative just gets a little tired sometimes.
Well that's fine, I'm still entitled to my opinion the Landy is over-rated and disappears for large portions of the season. I judge him the hardest of all the Avs as he wears the C.

And you are exaggerating on the 90% of my posts are Landy bashing I have well over 7500 post on here that would be a lot of Landy bashing if 90% of my post are related to that topic, I don't like the guy but I give him credit when he deserves it. Hell I joined these forums a good 3 years before Landy was even drafted.

I mean your examples are of good Landy, I've never said that he doesn't do good things. He does, and when he plays well he is a very important player. But the problem I have with him is his inconsistencies and how bad of a player he is when he isn't playing well. For me when he is playing he is either a 1st line winger who hits and scores and plays a solid two way game or a 4th line grinder with hands of stone, who doesn't hit and goes to all the wrong places on the ice. There is no in between with the guy. It's like he'll go through extended stretches where he doesn't remember what hockey is, then he goes through a stretch where he one of the best players on the ice. It's incredibly frustrating, and it's even more frustrating that most fans just turn a blind eye to this fact because he is the captain and give him a free pass.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
70 points and Dahlin.

To be honest I'd take that over 90 points and heart breaking playoff miss by couple of points.

90 and 80 points for MacK and Rantanen are nice though

LOL this is such BS and I'm not just singling you out. I'm talking about anyone who says this, and there are others. You're telling me you would rather watch the AVS suck all year and be out of it by December. No way that's true especially with the way the board complained ALL last year.

Again not singling you out but you hear this all the time from fans of every team. I don't buy it.

Reactions: Tru

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well that's fine, I'm still entitled to my opinion the Landy is over-rated and disappears for large portions of the season. I judge him the hardest of all the Avs as he wears the C.

And you are exaggerating on the 90% of my posts are Landy bashing I have well over 7500 post on here that would be a lot of Landy bashing if 90% of my post are related to that topic, I don't like the guy but I give him credit when he deserves it. Hell I joined these forums a good 3 years before Landy was even drafted.

I mean your examples are of good Landy, I've never said that he doesn't do good things. He does, and when he plays well he is a very important player. But the problem I have with him is his inconsistencies and how bad of a player he is when he isn't playing well. For me when he is playing he is either a 1st line winger who hits and scores and plays a solid two way game or a 4th line grinder with hands of stone, who doesn't hit and goes to all the wrong places on the ice. There is no in between with the guy. It's like he'll go through extended stretches where he doesn't remember what hockey is, then he goes through a stretch where he one of the best players on the ice. It's incredibly frustrating, and it's even more frustrating that most fans just turn a blind eye to this fact because he is the captain and give him a free pass.

I meant GDT’s this season in particular. I can’t remember much of previous seasons, but it seems like majority of the posts from you I’ve seen on Landy are always incredibly negative. I just think there’s better ways to go about it. I mean it’s clear he has his moments where he’s a black hole offensively and struggles, I don’t think anyone will argue that. I just find it convenient you don’t post nearly as much after Landy has a good game, as opposed to Eddie who will criticize Landy after a bad game but never questions his leadership or ability to lead this team(which no one here really can), or seemingly blames losses on him. Again you’re entitled to your opinion and we can agree to disagree.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
You're allowed to have your opinion, just don't pull out the "I'm just calling it like I see it" card when you're very obviously not doing that and are instead engaging in yet another round of weird Landeskog bashing. Most of the time your Landeskog bashing is ignored by me, but in this instance I felt it necessary to call out what you posted. And you're still trying to have your cake and eat it too by saying "I'm not saying Landeskog was solely to blame....but let me go ahead and tell you why I'm singling him out as he f***ed us out of a win". No, that's not going to work.

The guy, aside from the lockout season and injury-shortened season, has been a statistical model of offensive output, as in you can pencil him in for 20+ goals and 50+ points every year. He's primed this year to have his second best season, offensively, has a good chance at setting a new career high in goals scored this season, and all of that while providing above-average defensive play.

It's getting to the point where I don't know what Landeskog bashers want from the guy. He's adapted his playing style in an effort to last longer--which I'd prefer.

And it's fine if you want to disregard the opinion of a man who, as I said, played competitive hockey...but I'll take his word as to how hard converting on a chance like that can really be over yours, because you know--he's had some practice at it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't care if a McDavid-level player is guaranteed at season's end, I never, ever want to go through what I witnessed last hockey season. That was beyond unbearable.

FTR I don't think anyone is turning a blind eye to Landeskog when he plays poorly, I think it gets called out regularly. He does indeed have stretches where he's not very effective. Not sure if that's when he's trying to battle through injury or not, but it does happen. All players more or less enter some really frustrating slumps--Rantanen is mired in one as we speak.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
BTW what did people think of Alt? I thought he was good, offers the ability to get the puck out of the zone, plus some added size/reach that allows him to protect the puck a lot better than Warsofsky.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
BTW what did people think of Alt? I thought he was good, offers the ability to get the puck out of the zone, plus some added size/reach that allows him to protect the puck a lot better than Warsofsky.
I was surprised to be very happy with him. He was mobile and very active in the D zone. His reads and positioning were solid, and he even threw some bombs at the net (all missed though if I recall correctly). I am waiting for the other shoe to drop with him but so far so good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad