GDT: Game 76: Flames @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Duke with another sweet goal. We should split him, Domi, and Hanzal again, because we have no other choice.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Pretty nice goals and production from the the rookies. Now we can lose the game and still feel good about it! Tank on!

Played themselves out of the top 6 picks. 7 is the lowest realistic finish imo.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
You know your lineup is depleted when on the 6 on 4 Tanguay is on the point and Tikhonov is on the ice at all.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Wouldn't mind seeing us trade for engelland (I think he has 1 year remaining) for our 2nd line next season. Engelland - Stone. He's a bit pricey but we might be able to get him for a decent price

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
On that whole Rookie duo stat thing they keep showing, I don't really remember Hanzal playing with Mueller all that much. They probably didn't mean ACTUAL pairs I guess.

Also it reminds you how much potential Ballard had at one point.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Played themselves out of the top 6 picks. 7 is the lowest realistic finish imo.

True. I just had a look at the standing and I can't imagine we catch the six worst teams. It's be a long shot to get to six, for sure. Best case is going into the lottery at 7-8 and worst case isn't much worse than 9-10. So I'm going to guess 8-9. Which isn't a bad spot. Even if you lose all three lotteries (which is likely) and the big three you either get one of the top three D prospects at 8-9 or you get a hell of a forward that drops because all three went before your pick.

8th overall would be fantastic, in fact. Assuming Matthews, Laine, and Puljujarvi go, that means at least one of Tkachuk, Dubois, Chychrun, Sergachev, or Juolevi will be on the board at 8th.

Of course that means we'll probably finish 8th worst and see two teams below us win the lottery so we have to pick 10th haha

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Wouldn't mind seeing us trade for engelland (I think he has 1 year remaining) for our 2nd line next season. Engelland - Stone. He's a bit pricey but we might be able to get him for a decent price

He's kind of an ******* too, I like that and think we need it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I wanted him when he was a ufa, but he got ridiculous money. Not sure he'd play under Tipp anyway. Not his style.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
True. I just had a look at the standing and I can't imagine we catch the six worst teams. It's be a long shot to get to six, for sure. Best case is going into the lottery at 7-8 and worst case isn't much worse than 9-10. So I'm going to guess 8-9. Which isn't a bad spot. Even if you lose all three lotteries (which is likely) and the big three you either get one of the top three D prospects at 8-9 or you get a hell of a forward that drops because all three went before your pick.

8th overall would be fantastic, in fact. Assuming Matthews, Laine, and Puljujarvi go, that means at least one of Tkachuk, Dubois, Chychrun, Sergachev, or Juolevi will be on the board at 8th.

Of course that means we'll probably finish 8th worst and see two teams below us win the lottery so we have to pick 10th haha

Yeah honestly I'd be thrilled with any of the top 8. It's after that when I begin to get very worried... I can't gauge if any have more than 2nd line upside and that would be them reaching their max potential. Am I totally off base with that assessment?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad