GDT: Game 76: Columbus @ Anaheim | Happy Easter Edition | 8:30 PM EST

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Pleased with the outcome . Anaheim now 2 points behind us .. Johnson looked great tonight , and you can see his nerves have settled , and he looked more comfortable with each shift . All this talk about Bemstrom, it’s too early to say . The previous coach and his approach did a lot of damage . You go from playing on eggshells to now being able to make mistakes , play creative , etc. Bemstrom looks miles ahead of where he was at the beginning of the season. The kid is 22 . Look no further than Sonny Milano , the guy we picked in the first round , gave away for what , a bag of pucks … this season he has 13g 18a in 61games . Bemstrom has 6g 5a in 31 games .

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Look no further than Sonny Milano , the guy we picked in the first round , gave away for what , a bag of pucks … this season he has 13g 18a in 61games . Bemstrom has 6g 5a in 31 games .
Milano has 2 goals and 0 assists in the last 20 games. It will be interesting to see what kind of contract he is offered by the Ducks. He is making $1.8 million this season.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Milano has 2 goals and 0 assists in the last 20 games. It will be interesting to see what kind of contract he is offered by the Ducks. He is making $1.8 million this season.
31 points in 61 games .. not shabby for 1.8 mill no ? Makes you wonder if he’s playing hurt ? Same with Bjorkstrand , but not to that extent (2 points )

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
31 points in 61 games .. not shabby for 1.8 mill no ? Makes you wonder if he’s playing hurt ? Same with Bjorkstrand , but not to that extent (2 points )

I think he was on a line that wasn’t seeing the other team’s top defenders early in the season. Why would you play your top defense against a rookie and Sonny Milano? He and Zegras clicked and put up points. (Zegras is going to help a lot of guys put up big numbers.) Now that Milano is drawing the focus of other teams, his numbers have dropped off a cliff. I don’t think Ducks fans particularly love him and they are worried about what kind of albatross contract he could get.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
By now I think Milano should never be used as an example to prove any given point. Bemstrom is a solid player and I like him but "Look no further than Sonny Milano" hurts your case. Whenever given the chance I will look further than Sonny Milano. He's a fun player and I like him too but whatever is going on career wise with him provides nothing for any case study. Anyway Bemstrom can be a solid 3rd line wing he just has to stay healthy.

Last edited:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
By now I think Milano should never be used as an example to prove any given point. Bemstrom is a solid player and I like him but "Look no further than Sonny Milano" hurts your case. Whenever given the chance I will look further than Sonny Milano. He's a fun player and I like him but whatever is going on career wise with him provides nothing for any case study. Anyway Bemstrom can be a solid 3rd line wing he just has to stay healthy.

I feel the exact same way about Karlsson at this point

Reactions: koteka

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sonny Milano had a nice stretch there. But he has since reverted back to Sonny Milano.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad