BRUINS GDT GAME 76 8:08 PM - THE BEAR sings at the Grand Ole Opry - NESN, ESPN+. 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Forbort skating again. Poitras to resume skating this month.

I'm touching wood here, but as depth goes, you have to like what's slowly taking shape here.
A healthy Forbort probably adds more than a healthy Peeke or Wotherspoon. IMO.

Forbort played the whole season needing surgery essentially. And then had a second one also I’m hearing on his hand. He didn’t play that well on one leg and using one hand. So…..

At least it could be more depth, especially the deeper the Bs go in the playoffs.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I watched the Preds play the Avs on the weekend. They lost 7-4, but they were a pretty impressive-looking team all the same and their form prior to losing the last couple was excellent. Very physical outfit, Lauzon is a wrecking ball with a chance of breaking the NHL record for hits in a single season, McDonagh got tossed last game after smacking Colton in the head (which partly explains them giving up 7), and the cross-checking and bumping going on around their net, led by Schenn in particular, was fierce. Top that off with some handy offense and a very good goalie in Saros, and it's no wonder they've firmly lodged themselves in a playoff spot.

Should be a very good challenge for the Bruins. As long as Nashville comes to play they will give us another preview of the type of game we can likely expect in the playoffs. Boston don't need to out-muscle them as such, but they will need to stand their ground and get their skating legs on. The Preds' D is a little slow, so opportunities can be created if the Bruins can get the puck moving with some speed and precision. Definitely a winnable contest, but it probably won't be easy. Looking forward to it.
Be still my heart.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I still have my puke-coloured Preds jersey from when I was a kid. The one with the roaring sabre-toothed cat…used to think that logo was the coolest.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A healthy Forbort probably adds more than a healthy Peeke or Wotherspoon. IMO.

Forbort played the whole season needing surgery essentially. And then had a second one also I’m hearing on his hand. He didn’t play that well on one leg and using one hand. So…..

At least it could be more depth, especially the deeper the Bs go in the playoffs.
Forbort has been out that long that even if he`s deemed healthy to return, to get caught up to game speed and have his level of fitness where it needs to be is a massive ask/expectation

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Oh look...the toughest guy on the team and the new guy.

1712077534539.png

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
What’s the status on Maroon? I see he’s been practicing but I haven’t really been following things. Is he close to getting back?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Cool place to catch a game.

We were down for spring break at the end of the season a couple of years ago and caught Flames Preds.

I’d go back to Nashville for sure. We saw the Sounds as well.

As for tonight, I hope to be asleep by 8pm.

Its a place I have thought to move in the future. Nashville and Tennessee is nice. Florida isnt the spot for me permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad