BRUINS GDT GAME 76 8:08 PM - THE BEAR sings at the Grand Ole Opry - NESN, ESPN+. 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1712023178146.png

1712023217491.png

1712023443834.png

1712023472269.png

Boston Bruins (43-17-15, first in the Atlantic Division) vs. Nashville Predators (43-27-4, fourth in the Central Division)

Nashville, Tennessee; Tuesday, 8 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE: The Boston Bruins visit the Nashville Predators after the Bruins beat the Washington Capitals 3-2 in a shootout.

Nashville has gone 21-15-1 at home and 43-27-4 overall. The Predators have gone 20-9-1 when scoring a power-play goal.

Boston has a 43-17-15 record overall and a 20-8-9 record in road games. The Bruins have gone 40-3-7 in games they score three or more goals.

Tuesday's game is the second time these teams meet this season. The Bruins won the previous matchup 3-2.

TOP PERFORMERS: Filip Forsberg has 41 goals and 43 assists for the Predators. Gustav Nyquist has five goals and seven assists over the past 10 games.

David Pastrnak has scored 45 goals with 57 assists for the Bruins. Pavel Zacha has three goals and eight assists over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Predators: 7-2-1, averaging 3.8 goals, 6.7 assists, 3.2 penalties and 8.5 penalty minutes while giving up 2.6 goals per game.

Bruins: 6-4-0, averaging 3.1 goals, 5.5 assists, 3.3 penalties and 7.4 penalty minutes while giving up 2.6 goals per game.

INJURIES: Predators: Dante Fabbro: out (upper-body), Alexandre Carrier: day to day (upper body).

Bruins: Milan Lucic: out (personal), Pat Maroon: out (back), Derek Forbort: out (undisclosed), Matthew Poitras: out (shoulder).

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Preds/Canes/Panthers/Canes are the next 4. As a hockey fan, these games are can't miss. Can't wait to see how we fare.

Nashville looks like the type of team that can upset a top seed come playoff time. Good, physical team that will grind anyone down. Definitely different from past years where it was just Juuse Saros dragging the team kicking and screaming into a 2nd wildcard spot.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I watched the Preds play the Avs on the weekend. They lost 7-4, but they were a pretty impressive-looking team all the same and their form prior to losing the last couple was excellent. Very physical outfit, Lauzon is a wrecking ball with a chance of breaking the NHL record for hits in a single season, McDonagh got tossed last game after smacking Colton in the head (which partly explains them giving up 7), and the cross-checking and bumping going on around their net, led by Schenn in particular, was fierce. Top that off with some handy offense and a very good goalie in Saros, and it's no wonder they've firmly lodged themselves in a playoff spot.

Should be a very good challenge for the Bruins. As long as Nashville comes to play they will give us another preview of the type of game we can likely expect in the playoffs. Boston don't need to out-muscle them as such, but they will need to stand their ground and get their skating legs on. The Preds' D is a little slow, so opportunities can be created if the Bruins can get the puck moving with some speed and precision. Definitely a winnable contest, but it probably won't be easy. Looking forward to it.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Cool place to catch a game.

We were down for spring break at the end of the season a couple of years ago and caught Flames Preds.

I’d go back to Nashville for sure. We saw the Sounds as well.

As for tonight, I hope to be asleep by 8pm.
The Sounds have a great stadium for a minor league team. Love the guitar scoreboard

Reactions: smithformeragent

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
It is a fun arena/ area to visit, especially if you like music!

I love the Lovin' Spoonful

Well ...there is a restaurant in Kingston Ontario (my home town and home of a lot of former Bruins) called Chez Piggy opened and owned by the lead guitarist of the lovin spoonful... Chez Piggy - Wikipedia... great place ...I still think his family owns it even though he's passed away

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Crazy that with how inconsistent Boston has been in 2024, they are still in the division driver's seat. Unfortunately, the division winner is likely to catch the Lightning in the first round.

Whatever happens the rest of the way, no injuries, get back to steady play and good habits, and let's have some fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad