GDT: Game 75: Flyers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I have been watching a few Flyers games recently and it seems that Gudas is having roughly one borderline hit in every game; this is his game a bit like Kasparaitis but with less talent I guess.

it was over the line on this occasion. I hope Doan is ok.

Flyers have been playing with great intensity and I love that the Coyotes matched this on Saturday. The compete level shown over the last 10 days is promising for the future.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I have been watching a few Flyers games recently and it seems that Gudas is having roughly one borderline hit in every game; this is his game a bit like Kasparaitis but with less talent I guess.

it was over the line on this occasion. I hope Doan is ok.

Flyers have been playing with great intensity and I love that the Coyotes matched this on Saturday. The compete level shown over the last 10 days is promising for the future.

Yes they sure did, but I would saY the compete level has been there all year.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
People from Philly are literally the worst. Right up there with Jersey and Buffalo.

I guess I am the worst. Flyers/Yotes fan. Some of the comments in this thread are -- I'll respond.

Gudas probably gave Doan a little extra when he was along the wall. It's part of his game he's adjusting (slowly :| ). He probably didn't mean to hurt him. Radko is one of the most liked guys on the team, really nice guy. The Flyers, overall, are not a dirty team. They are okay with the rough stuff, but certainly aren't dirty. I remember the rough stuff. Honestly, probably their dirtiest player is Couts and the man never takes a penalty. That's why Malkin is always raging at him, punching him, and breaking sticks after being shifted against him -- and part of the reasn James Neal took a run at him (beyond Neal being a turd). Couts is just so stealth about it along the boards.

Gudas has been skirting and going over the line during the season. He's been fantastic of late now that he's rung it in a bit. Solid RHD, probably a #4. He has found his offensive side and is playing a strong defensive game. He's been way better than anyone outside Philadelphia knows. Way better. He's better than Coburn (he was part of that trade). Flyers wouldn't swap them 1for1.

You would love Giroux (just as I love Domi) -- no one has more points in the last five years over G. He's hilarious. Constantly pulling pranks during the game. Whether it be wiping himself on the ref, to pushing Monahan's skates with his stick in the faceoff circle, to sitting on Ryan White's lap, to slapping cops on the rear end, to giving out huge hugs after the game, to taking shots off the faceoff circle-- he's a really fun, charismatic person.

The Carcillo remark-- you changed it. ok.

It doesn't surprise me if Giroux embellished. Playoff hunt. He may have even found it comical to just lay on the ice for a second with his eyes closed. Hard to say.

Thanks for the "not mindless homers." Flyer fans try to be objective, even weeding out our own posters we deem "homers." I was glad Hanzal stood up for Doan, and G is my favorite player. It's hockey and you can't get pushed around.

And getting mugged in Philadelphia .... it is a major city. Rare to find trouble if you walking in the right places at the right times. As a kid in Mesa, I got beaten/robbed around 11 times and house broken into 3 times. Jump ins used to take place across from my house. One guy tried to kill my father after work but missed (he was a cop). Phoenix metro isn't exactly saintly. Philly has its own set of problems.

Excited about the prospects next year (both clubs).

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Honestly, probably their dirtiest player is Couts and the man never takes a penalty. That's why Malkin is always raging at him, punching him, and breaking sticks after being shifted against him -- and part of the reasn James Neal took a run at him (beyond Neal being a turd). Couts is just so stealth about it along the boards.

So, sneaky chippy? :D

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
And getting mugged in Philadelphia .... it is a major city. Rare to find trouble if you walking in the right places at the right times. As a kid in Mesa, I got beaten/robbed around 11 times and house broken into 3 times. Jump ins used to take place across from my house. One guy tried to kill my father after work but missed (he was a cop). Phoenix metro isn't exactly saintly. Philly has its own set of problems.

I don't live in a huge metropolitan area, so I wasn't saying Philly was more crime-ridden than the Phoenix metropolitan area (although I believe it is, but would have to research it), I was just joking. BTW, my cousin was heading to his girlfriend's and was carrying flowers, so it could have been a reaction to someone carrying something beautiful in Philly :laugh: (I kid, I kid).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad