News and such:

Preview:
http://coyotes.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015021127

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I might actually go early and go to the Town Hall in the Renaissance at 5pm. Just curious, never been to one. Anyone else going?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Do they ever give any good info? Seems like a thing you'd just give vague and repetitive answers at.
At the rookie camp last summer, LeBlanc told us Smokes Poutine was coming and DM came as close as a GM is ever going to come to saying Boedker would get traded. If people will ask good questions, they might get good answers.

Anyone going today?

I'd like to hear Maloney's thoughts about positional priorities for free agents and at the draft.

He'll deflect, but if it's asked in sufficiently hypothetical terms, something like, "would you package a CHL prospect with our 1st to try to get Auston Matthews?"

He won't name names, but I'd like to know how many spots he sees on the roster for rookies next year.

I'd like to know his initial thoughts about the expansion draft; whether he sees a ton of trades happening before and how the expansion could impact his roster management for the next two summers.

I'd like to know his thoughts on Shane Doan and Alex Tanguay. Open to keeping them around? One year deals?

I'd like him to go on record about draining all the talent out of Springfield at the deadline; why? And what's next for them? What's the way ahead with the AHL team?

I always want Tipp to comment on line combinations / ice time issues. Hard to ask them without sounding *****ey and arrogant though, so tread carefully.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
At the rookie camp last summer, LeBlanc told us Smokes Poutine was coming and DM came as close as a GM is ever going to come to saying Boedker would get traded. If people will ask good questions, they might get good answers.

Anyone going today?

I'd like to hear Maloney's thoughts about positional priorities for free agents and at the draft.

He'll deflect, but if it's asked in sufficiently hypothetical terms, something like, "would you package a CHL prospect with our 1st to try to get Auston Matthews?"

He won't name names, but I'd like to know how many spots he sees on the roster for rookies next year.

I'd like to know his initial thoughts about the expansion draft; whether he sees a ton of trades happening before and how the expansion could impact his roster management for the next two summers.

I'd like to know his thoughts on Shane Doan and Alex Tanguay. Open to keeping them around? One year deals?

I'd like him to go on record about draining all the talent out of Springfield at the deadline; why? And what's next for them? What's the way ahead with the AHL team?

I always want Tipp to comment on line combinations / ice time issues. Hard to ask them without sounding *****ey and arrogant though, so tread carefully.

Cool cool, hopefully someone posts what he answers if someone asks some of these questions.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
"Rumblings?" Does DM read these stupid forums?

It occasionally gets brought up on Canadian broadcasts during intermission and such. I'm sure some of our friends on the trade board take their cues from there.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That is an entirely unsurprising stand. Everyone should feel that way.

Pierre Lebrun wrote a whole article about how if Edmonton won the draft lottery, we'd basically tear our rotator cuffs throwing "OEL plus" at the Oilers for the chance to have Matthews.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
That is an entirely unsurprising stand. Everyone should feel that way.

Should is the keyword here as I'm sure those on the other Coyotes forums will think getting rid of OEL for Matthews is a good idea.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I see everyone is extremely interested in this game :laugh:

Course there are 4 official shots in half a period so...

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
So we have a real organist in the house tonight, but we're gonna play pop music the whole game, and only hear the organist every 10 minutes? Okay.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
These are the hardest games to watch. They're not making the playoffs, nor are they tanking successfully. This team is stuck in complete mediocrity and it's boring as ****.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Can we possibly go get a duo in the booth that can replace McConnell and Nash.

If we have to watch Tippett's boring ass system, at least give us a pair of guys that are fun to listen to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad