GDT: Game 75 | FLA @ CBJ | 7 PM EST | Spare Parts Edition

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
B877CBB9-C0B2-404B-85CB-7A5DA71EA8CD.jpeg
We’re doing good, but I Gotta have more Peeke.

(Can’t believe he is a minus 6 tonight….not that this stat would signify he had a bad game). :biglaugh:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
This ain't nuthin. Last night I attended a Cincinnati Cyclones game. The Cyclones were on a 19-0-1 streak. They got beat 11-0!

• Haha
Reactions: MoeBartoli

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I can't fault players. They tried. But if 3/4 players of the team are the AHL level and for 4/5 these players is the puck - enemy, what we can wait.
Btw, poor Hutchinson.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Gonna be at the Pittsburgh game to end the season, hopefully Pittsburgh still has something to play for, cause I could totally see us winning the last home game and spoiling a Pittsburgh playoff spot and simultaneously pushing ourselves into like 3rd or 4th overall

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Couldn’t even put 1 past the backup goalie tonight. I just needed one more to beat the O/U. The Panthers almost did it by themselves.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
WEll that was well done. Message sent to Hawks that they will really have to stink up the league to hold us off for last place.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Good thing plus minus doesn’t indicate whether or not he’s good then.
He made many mistakes. But Andy is the 3th pair d-man maximum. Higher only with a good d-man. And now he had to play with either Berni or Christiansen.They aren't bad but no for the play without the puck like Gavrikov, Peeke pair or Werenski/Bean, Peeke when another d-man has very good play with the puck, is very skill. Besides, every day is not Sunday. ;)

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Andrew Peeke is a fine 5-6 with top 4 potential. His plus minus means nothing

top 4 potential on a bottom feeder team, sure.

top 4 on a team that’s competing for top 3 in their respective division, no chance. and never will have that kind of potential.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I can’t even begin to know how I’d feel if I travel thousands of miles to watch tonight. I couldn’t even bare to drive 7 to go to it.

Reactions: domi28

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
top 4 potential on a bottom feeder team, sure.

top 4 on a team that’s competing for top 3 in their respective division, no chance. and never will have that kind of potential.
I do not agree

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
shoutout to the great Andy Peeke, -4 on the night.

Why are you stat watching in this game?

I've lost a lot of confidence in Peeke but going through stat lines in a game like this feels like a low blow. Like this is how a decent player gets run out of town. We had people here saying that Gavrikov was bad and then he goes to another team and looks great. Maybe playing with AHLers makes you look bad. I'm not saying he's good - just that you haven't learned anything by watching this game.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Why are you stat watching in this game?

I've lost a lot of confidence in Peeke but going through stat lines in a game like this feels like a low blow. Like this is how a decent player gets run out of town. We had people here saying that Gavrikov was bad and then he goes to another team and looks great. Maybe playing with AHLers makes you look bad. I'm not saying he's good - just that you haven't learned anything by watching this game.

i’ve noticed a lot of people take so much offense to posts that are simply stating facts. whether or not you agree or disagree that plus minus is a flawed stat, andrew peake was a -4 at the time of my post, was he not? (ended up being a -6)

that’s all my post was. I was staring a fact/an observation.

my goodness. lol comical. chill @majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
i’ve noticed a lot of people take so much offense to posts that are simply stating facts. whether or not you agree or disagree that plus minus is a flawed stat, andrew peake was a -4 at the time of my post, was he not? (ended up being a -6)

that’s all my post was. I was staring a fact/an observation.

my goodness. lol comical. chill @majormajor
That was not just what he took issue with. And that’s also not just what your posts were talking about either.

Yes, Peeke was a -6. That is an objective stat. A fact.

+/- being useless is a subjective opinion. As is your opinion that Andrew Peeke is bad. Which is the other thing he took issue with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad