Post-Game Talk: GAME 75 - Bruins silence the horn guy - BRUINS 3 Russian Machine 2 F/SO

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Well they certainly got a lot of 4 on 3 PK practice didn't they? Grinding close checking playoff style game. Caps will be tough if we face them as a wild card though. I still think I'd rather play the Leafs.
Not me....the Leafs are faster and have more scoring ability across the board than the Caps

..and the Caps roster is getting a bit long in the tooth, and can be worn down by the 3rd period in a fast paced game

Both team's goaltending is about the same

Last edited:
Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Not me....the Leafs are faster and have more scoring ability across the board than the Caps

..and the Caps roster is getting a bit long in the tooth, and can be worn down by the 3rd period in a fast paced game

What's our record against each? Consider that.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Not sure which defense is more SUSPECT, leafs or caps. I thought the Caps were a little more structured but they were shaky all game imo. Maybe they just had a bad game?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
What's our record against each? Consider that.
I did consider that

The B's have won the last 6 regular season games against the Leafs, but the Leafs won 4 straight regular season games before that

Once the playoffs start, regular season games don't mean shit

Neither series would be easy, but I just feel more confident against the Caps, because I think the B's could wear them down

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I did consider that

The B's have won the last 6 regular season games against the Leafs, but the Leafs won 4 straight regular season games before that

Once the playoffs start, regular season games don't mean shit

Neither series would be easy, but I just feel more confident against the Caps, because I think the B's could wear them down
Well we disagree and that's fine. I look at the style of play and the make up of the teams in question. We have done much better against these speedy wide open teams like the Leafs. We struggle against the teams that grind things down and to some extent beat us at our own game like the Islanders or Caps.
You're right that regular season don't mean crap, but also consider how the Leafs falter in the playoffs and how the two biggest things for playoff success - good goaltending and good D - are the Leafs weaknesses.
Whether it's Bruins or Panthers, unless they get extremely lucky, Leafs are going out first round.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It was great to win after that BS double minor. Hard to believe that there was no agenda there, give me a F****g break.

The poor guy sitting behind, plugging his ears. I would be so upset if I ended up beside that thing, he should sue for hearing loss. I have to mute the sound when it starts, it makes my blood pressure rise....lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad