Post-Game Talk: GAME 75 - Bruins silence the horn guy - BRUINS 3 Russian Machine 2 F/SO

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
There sure was a bunch of hype over Ovie heading into this match-up - 17 goals over his last 20-something games or what have you. I swear I heard his name about 4 times all game and the only highlight was him crying like a baby about a non-call.
He's just there to get his record. It's going to suck when it happens. Gretzky for the last 6 seasons of his career wasn't even trying to score.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It was great to win after that BS double minor. Hard to believe that there was no agenda there, give me a F****g break.

The poor guy sitting behind, plugging his ears. I would be so upset if I ended up beside that thing, he should sue for hearing loss. I have to mute the sound when it starts, it makes my blood pressure rise....lol
That's quite a technique he's got. Freak!

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
He's just there to get his record. It's going to suck when it happens. Gretzky for the last 6 seasons of his career wasn't even trying to score.
I live in the northern Virginia area. It may be some consolation to know that when Ovechkin retires, the Caps franchise, motivated by marketing, will collapse like a ton of bricks. As you saw with the horn guy, the fan base is a collection of people who know little about hockey, except for the contingent of displaced people who know the game who came from other places. The whole rock the red thing is ridiculous. I honestly hope he does not break Gretzky’s record. At least Gretzky did not stand in one place and shoot.

Last edited:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I live in the northern Virginia area. It may be some consolation to know that when Ovechkin retires, the Caps franchise, motivated by marketing, will collapse like a ton of bricks. As you saw with the horn guy, the fan base is a collection of people who know little about hockey, except for the contingent of displaced people who know the game who came from other places. The whole rock the red thing is ridiculous. I honestly hope he does not Gretzky’s record. At least Gretzky did not stand in one place and shoot.
I lived in northern Virginia many moons ago when the Capitals joined the NHL. Your description of the fan base now was my experience back then. A small number of folks who came from hockey areas and the rest complete neophytes who sort of watched the games but spent a lot of time eating and socializing away from their seats.

The team showed cartoonish videos between periods to explain the rules of the game—what’s an offside, icing, etc. Definitely not a normal hockey experience.

Reactions: Gordoff

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
So was anyone else thinking..... Shattenkirk...... WTF?
1711923316388.jpeg

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Correct me if I'm wrong, but before they joined the NHL, rookie Gretzky scored 46 more goals in the WHA that don't count in this race.
Yep and that 46 would likely put it out of Ovie's reach. To me, the WHA stuff ought to count.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad