GDT: Game 74: NYI @ MTL | Spring has sprung! | Mar. 21, 2019 7:30pm ET, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ahhhhh yes. That time of year. When hope springs eternal ...

f9uQsAC.gif

The Habs coming off a win in Philly and keeping their playoff chances alive.

Snow melting. More sunny days.

And Blou probably, likely, optimistically, possibly doing the GDT for tonight's game ...

I might - big emphasis on might - have something for Thursday’s game (NYI)... otherwise I’ll let @donghabs98 or @Runner77 do their usual magic. Will try to let you guys know by Wednesday evening.

Tomorrow is up for grabs. I won’t be able to finish what I wanted to do. Sucks because the theme would have been perfect for a game against NYI, but c'est la vie :dunno:

Oh, nooooooooooooo!!! How could this happen?

Luckily, I am able to provide a re-enactment ...

h4Zjhsw.jpg

Just when I thought I'd be catching a break.

Immediately upon learning of Blou abdicating and preferring instead to levitate in the distance, I desperately tried sending a Bat-signal to Roy Munson ...

WxxCXSE.gif

Unfortunately, Roy was nowhere to be found.

The whole thing kind of reminds of that watch Marc Bergevin has been sporting since last year.

3CiOG9T.gif

Just when you think it's going to tell the time ... it can completely burst into flames without notice.

Bergevin's watch has added features. It resets every 7 years even if it has burst into flames several times over. Ugh ... this is fine.

Some flattering, feel-good Habs news on their day off yesterday:

JIpKV0l.jpg

And since good news rarely come alone, there were these other "wins" on a whole other level ...

tVn8F1S.jpg

MIukDuu.gif

Moving on to our regular KK feature. Now that KK has claimed the Mint title for himself, he's getting challengers.

Who did it best?

vpYwH3F.gif

When you're as Minty as KK, you can even afford to not look your best and and still be Minty-fresh.

tmdeqll.gif

For those of you wondering where the connection between KK and Tim Horton's comes from:

You'll see KK and his bud, Mete (who he calls "Bobs") go to a Tim Horton's drive-thru and order Ice Capps, which KK tries for the first time.

The result?

IWAH6Kn.gif

Another GDT trend to keep an eye on -- Mrb1p has been running a counter of certain irritants he notices during the game. He'll typically start pointing them out, assigning a number to each new eventuality.

Despite his good intentions and keen eye, he'll eventually abandon the pursuit, on account of getting bored, distracted, contested or fighting off a food coma caused by a massive plate of Beefaroni, or due to all of the above.

To wit:

I just ate three pounds of Beefaroni. I am not able to type much :laugh:

What the hell is Beefaroni?

The greasiest contraption known to man.

Mrb1p, your Beefaroni got me at the word "PREMIUM". I mean, how the hell do they get so much "goodness" into a can? :sarcasm:

Xp5YdfE.jpg

Keep an eye out for his counter as it's only going to be around for about a period and a half.

1In2vGN.gif

*thanks Blou, for the muzzled Mrb1p avy.

LINEUPS

Habs:

Isles: TBA

Like I was saying, when you're Minty-fresh like KK, even a dopey pic of you will still be Mint ...

SoxJLYY.gif

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Meantime, our Isles fellow posters ...

I went to both the Columbus, and Montreal games last weeks. Anybody notice how at the end of the game, the public address announcer has been ruining the Yes, Yes, Yea chant? Right when the team gets to center ice, the public address announcer goes “Your final score ..........”. All of the fans are ready to go Yes, Yes, Yes, but the announcement interrupts it. Then, by the time the announcer is done stating the final score, the Isles are already skating off the ice. I’m hoping someone from the team reads this, and tells the public address announcer to not make that statement at that time. I’ve really come to appreciate the celebratory yes chant at the end of the game.

Who gives a ****?

By that time I’ve already knocked down a pregnant lady and an old man with a walker making a bee line to the parking lot to GTFO of Dodge, so I’m going to sit this protest out.

You savage!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's going to be a tight game again tonight.
Can't call this one, but Habs must win expecially with Canes playing TBL.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
3-1 Habs. We should be fired up for this game after we blew it in Long Island last week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad