GDT: Game 74: Montreal @ Columbus | 7 PM EST | The KJ13 Era Begins

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
How about we send Boqvist instead and keep Blankenburg with the Jackets? He's more ready.
I didn’t expect to be impressed with him but kinda was. Definitely showed more skill on breakout passing that we’ve seen from nearly our entire D group

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Serious question/comment re Habs

they suck, yes, but is it because they miss Price that much? Does he mean that much to them?

The Habs used to be a great territorial team that lacked finish. Now they get dominated territorially, so it is obviously not a matter of goaltending. The biggest loss by far is Danault. Then you have Gallagher in serious decline. Their best line by far was Tatar-Danault-Gallagher.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
What do the Jackets do with Bemstrom in the offseason? He's still young and I think he could be a regular 20-goal scorer, but when's that going to happen?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You mean the guy who leads our defense in goals isn’t ready?

He's less ready. And I'm not so sure that he wouldn't benefit from a lot of AHL time while he is tasked with getting stronger. Most of Boqvist's game is substandard.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He's less ready. And I'm not so sure that he wouldn't benefit from a lot of AHL time while he is tasked with getting stronger. Most of Boqvist's game is substandard.
It’s too late for that. He’s better served getting NHL time and learning the ropes on the job. He’s got a ways to go defensively but to suggest he’s not NHL ready is just not true. He’s played solid minutes recently, even if they’re heavily sheltered minutes.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It’s too late for that. He’s better served getting NHL time and learning the ropes on the job. He’s got a ways to go defensively but to suggest he’s not NHL ready is just not true. He’s played solid minutes recently, even if they’re heavily sheltered minutes.

It's just my personal opinion. We have a lot of players I would rather marinate more in the AHL. It's not that they can't score goals in the NHL or can't play passably at times, but 18-22 year olds that have a lot of room for improvement usually get that improvement better in the AHL environment, improving on their weaknesses and their strengths.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Can confrim Blankenburg looked just as good in person as he did on screen. Really liked how he played.

Kent Johnson is a bit taller than I thought, and I'm really not worried about his skating. I thought his skating got alot better since his freshman year and watching him in person confirmed that. If he keeps improving in that regard he can really become a beast.

Also Jack and Laine strangely seemed to be on the same page all game.

Last edited:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
The Habs used to be a great territorial team that lacked finish. Now they get dominated territorially, so it is obviously not a matter of goaltending. The biggest loss by far is Danault. Then you have Gallagher in serious decline. Their best line by far was Tatar-Danault-Gallagher.
No Shea Weber has been huge too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad