GDT: Game 74 • 3/24/15 • Wild @ Islanders • 6:00 PM Central, 1:00 AM Suomi • FSN (MOD #77)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
^^^ I have been thinking about how this is a unique situation Zach's in right now. He wants to do his best in honor of his father. Of course Zach always gives 100% but it's just extra special right now. Same with Ryan losing his father.

I do feel a spiritual type of energy around this team.. I can't really explain it but I know it's a good thing.

I am also glad our superman goalie gets a bit of a rest until he needs to put on his cape for the next one!

The year my Dad died, the North Stars lost in the cup, but the Twins won it all (and the Twins were my favorite and easiest to follow out of state). I still feel like, as a six year old kid then that there was something in that to make it up to me.

Yeah, I'd rather have my parent (actually both of them now) then a sporting title, but still. If I was thinking that at six, you know these guys are probably thinking that now.

It's extra motivation for sure, and it also keeps you kind of grounded, at least from personal experience. You realize stuff isn't the be all end all, and what IS the be all end all, and in these cases it can take less pressure off you.

Also, that JP/Zach stat is on point. Nice of them to find that one.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
The year my Dad died, the North Stars lost in the cup, but the Twins won it all (and the Twins were my favorite and easiest to follow out of state). I still feel like, as a six year old kid then that there was something in that to make it up to me.

Yeah, I'd rather have my parent (actually both of them now) then a sporting title, but still. If I was thinking that at six, you know these guys are probably thinking that now.

It's extra motivation for sure, and it also keeps you kind of grounded, at least from personal experience. You realize stuff isn't the be all end all, and what IS the be all end all, and in these cases it can take less pressure off you.

Also, that JP/Zach stat is on point. Nice of them to find that one.

I think sports has always had a special way of bringing people together. Whether it be a city that has fallen on hard times or people personally dealing with losses in their life. It provides a distraction from your mourning. Something to lift your spirits while you push through a difficult time.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Eh, there was great enough space between them that it's not worth possibly getting a penalty that late in the game.
What are the odds they call it a penalty for pushing him away? Really? Do you think hockey is that soft?
^^^ I have been thinking about how this is a unique situation Zach's in right now. He wants to do his best in honor of his father. Of course Zach always gives 100% but it's just extra special right now. Same with Ryan losing his father.

I do feel a spiritual type of energy around this team.. I can't really explain it but I know it's a good thing.

I am also glad our superman goalie gets a bit of a rest until he needs to put on his cape for the next one!

Ahhhhh, I feel like only one goalie deserves to be called that and he wears #37. Lays his body down for his team. Plus Harding has the Superman diving saves to prove it.

Anyways, just my humble opinion :D

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It's a little ironic that you're trying to make an argument that Harding is the "Superman" goalie, and in the very first video, while "Superman diving", he injures himself. :laugh:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's a little ironic that you're trying to make an argument that Harding is the "Superman" goalie, and in the very first video, while "Superman diving", he injures himself. :laugh:

Superhero's put their bodies on the line to get the job done. He chose to dive and save the puck probably well aware that he could and would get injured. He put the team before himself much like a superhero puts those in danger before him/herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad