GDT: Game 74 • 3/24/15 • Wild @ Islanders • 6:00 PM Central, 1:00 AM Suomi • FSN (MOD #77)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Don't think we had no business winning. The better team won. Defense is soft. Spurgeon and Scandella need to hit. Stick checking is not enough. Hit someone!!!! 2 points. Next!!!!!

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Welcome! :handclap:

It drove me nuts cause someone (scandy?) was standing right there and did nothing!

I'm old school. When I yell at my T.V. 9 times out of 10 it's "HIT HIM!". That was infuriating. Side note: I watch a lot of away broadcasts because I live in Cleveland. The Isles announcer is the best I've heard in awhile. Great caller.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i listened on radio first 2 periods , then tv 3rd. i thought both goalies stood on their heads. both teams had great chances , parise the pinball wizard came thru again. what a run this team has put together since dubnyk arrived.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If they didn't leave TO till 3am, that means that they didn't get into their hotel room till 7 at the earliest. While that would give them time to sleep before the game, sleeping during the day when you normally sleep at night is difficult. Might account for their sluggish performance in the first period.

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Dubnyk stole this one. Defense didn't help him out at all. They looked tired, weren't moving their feet, weren't clearing the net.

That's an example of one team sitting for a couple of days and the other team playing on a back to back.

Third period was mostly all wild.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Don't even care who we get in the playoffs. We can beat anybody. To be the best you gotta beat the best

This was always my view. Just get in. You have to beat insane teams to win a cup anyway, so whoever you get you need to curb stomp.

Maybe they like to keep people on there toes. I remembered seeing it for the Leafs game. Not sure when I saw it though.

Yeah it was "Gloves" right?

If they didn't leave TO till 3am, that means that they didn't get into their hotel room till 7 at the earliest. While that would give them time to sleep before the game, sleeping during the day when you normally sleep at night is difficult. Might account for their sluggish performance in the risk period.

They were talking about their legs in the post game with Gorg and Parise, and whether he was downplaying how tired they were, he just credited the Islanders for being rested and playing lights out --- not to mention Dubs standing on his head, and then that gave them the wherewithal to go on and get the job done.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
while on paper it sounds good to say we can play anybody all teams are not created equal. example the northstars were the 8th seed and had to play the hawks then blues (#1 & #2 in points) then edm defending cup champs. we were out of gas to take on the penguins. there are favorable matchups such as teams with less experience or teams going into playoffs cold as ice. or if were a smaller team going against a big brutal team. food for thought.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
while on paper it sounds good to say we can play anybody all teams are not created equal. example the northstars were the 8th seed and had to play the hawks then blues (#1 & #2 in points) then edm defending cup champs. we were out of gas to take on the penguins. there are favorable matchups such as teams with less experience or teams going into playoffs cold as ice. or if were a smaller team going against a big brutal team. food for thought.

Or because they had some of the best players to ever play the game in Lemeiux and Jagr.

District 5

Mar 1, 2014
That 91 North Stars team also scored an unreal 35 PP goals in the playoffs which was a huge reason for their success. In the finals the PP got cold and they couldn't keep up with the Pens.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Well
Common theme last few weeks every time I chat w #nhl scouts, besides Dubnyk is, they rave about #mnwild's defensive positioning & D-men
9:29am - 25 Mar 15 Russostrib

As 1-sided as last night's 1st period was & as good as Dubnyk was, 3 scouts told me today what kept it from being haywire was #mnwild D covg
9:32am - 25 Mar 15 Russostrib

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
^^^ I have been thinking about how this is a unique situation Zach's in right now. He wants to do his best in honor of his father. Of course Zach always gives 100% but it's just extra special right now. Same with Ryan losing his father.

I do feel a spiritual type of energy around this team.. I can't really explain it but I know it's a good thing.

I am also glad our superman goalie gets a bit of a rest until he needs to put on his cape for the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad