Post-Game Talk: GAME 73 - WIN 57 TIES FRANCHISE RECORD - WIN 27 ON ROAD BREAKS FRANCHISE RECORD - BRUINS 4 Whalercanes 3 F/SO

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
It’s kind of insane we’re even considering a platoon for the goalies in the playoffs when one is having the greatest goaltending season since Tim Thomas. Insane in a very good way

No way they regularly alternate come playoff time.
Ullmark will start and be the main guy.
Only scenarios Swayman gets in is if the Bruins go up 3-0 in a series, to rest Ullmark..... or if Ullmark gets injured.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If not for Zboril doing Zboril things in his d-zone, the Bruins win in regulation. He handed them two goals. Signature win without Bergy, Marchand, Lindholm.
Clifton was suspect too, not recognizing Aho going to the net. He could have taken away the pass or tied up Aho’s stick. Never a good look when the D in front of the net is just standing there looking for something to do while a goal is being scored.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Clifton was suspect too, not recognizing Aho going to the net. He could have taken away the pass or tied up Aho’s stick. Never a good look when the D in front of the net is just standing there looking for something to do while a goal is being scored.

That pairing (Zboril/Clifton) was a real detriment. Not enough defensive smarts to be out there together.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
One thing that has really impressed me is Zacha using his speed to get back defensively, especially when he plays center. He may have been the Bruins best forward yesterday.
On the rare occasion where a little more has been asked of him, he’s been stellar for the Bruins. That’s on top of having a great season just in his usual role. I notice him so much more when he’s playing the rink general role at center

Haula was nice. I liked that he was a sneaky asshole out there. The trade was sold as a change of scenery for both guys and maybe that’s the truth, but Zacha has been wildly more impressive than Haula was here.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I was really impressed with Zacha's game today. He was a presence all over the ice and in OT as well.

I say if Krecho retires we do Hall - Zacha - Pasta next year.

I truly think Zacha has the makings of a bonafide good 2C, more so than Coyle for sure.

Brind’Amour is such a baby. Good coach but a Crosby level whiner. There are bad calls every game. Was the penalty on McAvoy a penalty? Someone skates into him and falls down? It was a day full of weak calls. The Bruins had a goal called back and you’re still whining? Weak.

Coaches know that if you whine sometimes you can influence the outcome of games—remember Trotz?

It’s shameful IMO

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Yep. It does. And all of his mental health struggles too. I'll never forget some of the lack of grace given to him on here and other platforms. But I'm very, very happy to see him be better mentally in all areas. His TEAM had his back then. And now he has his team AND COACH. He's back to himself again. The confidence he has. It's just very awesome to see. I'm glad Donny stood firm on Jake. Best decision.
Back at the time I said how bad it would suck if the Bs gave up Jake for cheap and then we had to watch him become a 30-goal scorer on another team once he pulled his life back together. He is not only a good scorer now (would have well over 30 goals if not for injury this season) with the offensive skills everyone already knew he had, but he now plays as hard as anyone on the team and is actually very good along the boards and on D. He is still improving too. His value on his next contract will reflect that.

As you point out, the team had his back when he hit his low point. They never gave up on him. That, combined with the blessing of having Monty as coach, is now paying off in a massive way.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Had to do a double take at the FO numbers from yesterday

Coyle 14/23 (60%)
Nosek 7/15 (46%)
Zacha 6/8 (75%)
Krejci 4/17 (23%)

No question the future of the team largely hinges on Zacha becoming a solid FO guy. It's not easy taking those Bergy FO numbers off the team. Also shows that they may have to resign Nosek. Almost no choice.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Finally got a chance to look carefully at the stats from yesterday's game. Who the hell was keeping track of hits? Stevie Wonder? Ray Charles?

They had McAvoy and Gryz BOTH with ZERO hits. I thought Gryz played one of his most physical games of the year. Very much liked what he brought in a game in which several of the D struggled. I can recall at least two really solid hits he made. McAvoy same. I know that hits are a poorly tracked stat league-wide, but c'mon.

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
People keep bad mouthing their goaltending, but Andersen made four stops yesterday that a middling goaltender does not make. At least two of them should have gone in on percentages, but all four should have scored. That game should have been out of reach after the first period.

It looked like Bertuzzi was highsticked just outside the trapezoid again yesterday with no call. The refs need to pay more attention.

All in all, a really good win except for a brain fart from Clifton. It was nice to see us take it to them in their house and down five people who will start in the playoffs.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Look who showed up today. The Boys.
86502CEB-A8BE-4694-9D87-DC8D95BCB3B6.jpeg

6838A9AE-64E5-4EE4-9D2A-A4156AB3F9A5.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad