GDT: Game 73: Philly @ Washington | 4/12/22 | 7:00p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
1. I never understood opposing teams being mad when the other teams plays the top guys on PP late in a blowout.
A) The coach has the right to put on the ice the players he wants.
B) The team is training their PP in real conditions. Game conditions.
C) The coach has the F right to put on the ice the players he wants.

2. I can't remember the last time WSH scored 9. Did it happen in Ovi era?

3. How many times we've seen Caps scoring and winning games with 5-6-7 goals and Ovi couldn't score in those games. Glad he had the first goal of the game.

4. I did not agree with Boucher when he talked about the "let down" part after 3 games against good teams. But now I want to see how Caps will play their next game (don't know who is the opponent) after scoring 9.

5. I hope we still in that WC2 and play Florida in 1st round.

4. Its Leafs and Matthews. Interesting matchup.

5. Game point, I dont care if its FLO/CAR/NYR. I think all those teams are equally hard to beat.

But purely from entertainment value, id figure NYR series would be a low scoring bloodpath where as Panthers and Canes will be a high-scoring whoopsy doopsy. Ill rather take the bloodpath, it hurts less to exit with bruises than just getting out-skated.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Feverbaby looks like he’s back. He definitely hit a rookie wall or suffered from the after effects of Covid (or both) but his play recently has been really encouraging.

And Irwin should have cemented himself as the 7D. I’d rather call up Alexeyev or Johansen than see Kempny play another game for the Caps. Sucks because #6 was so good in the Cup run and he was arguably their best defenseman in 2018 but those injuries stole his career.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
4. Its Leafs and Matthews. Interesting matchup.

5. Game point, I dont care if its FLO/CAR/NYR. I think all those teams are equally hard to beat.

But purely from entertainment value, id figure NYR series would be a low scoring bloodpath where as Panthers and Canes will be a high-scoring whoopsy doopsy. Ill rather take the bloodpath, it hurts less to exit with bruises than just getting out-skated.
I really hope the Caps play the Rangers or Canes. I would like to play a Metro team. As far as quality of teams, as you say, it really does not matter. All 3 are quality teams.

And you are right, the coach can play whoever he wants. If the other team doesn't like it, they should try playing better hockey.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
1e754bbb4aea42a3bead1bdb6c515ecc[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad