GDT: Game 73: Oilers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd be a little steamed if I was an Edmonton fan... On the otherhand, they looked invisible and sloppy almost the entire game...

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Mike Smith has stopped 131 of 136 shots since returning. That's a .963 save percentage.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Good to see sekac and plotnikov getting some time. Glad to see oel back as well. 9 games remaining...

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I like Plotnikov. One of a few players who finish his checks.

I didn't like the push back in the third. The oilers were running wild and we didn't have anyone dressed to take care of business if things got ugly.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Glad we beat the Oilers yet again. Love beating that sad sack of a team.

Last edited by a moderator:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Glad we beat the Oilers yet again. Love beating that sad sack of a team.

Even Draisaitl and McDavid were giving up on plays. They've got this offseason to turn things around or they're toast for another ten years.

Last edited by a moderator:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Even Draisaitl and McDavid were giving up on plays. They've got this offseason to turn things around or they're toast for another ten years.

That's because the team they're skating for has thrown in the towel so often it's contagious.
Nothing magical, or mysterious about the "kudos".

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
it's hilarious watching oiler fans complain about reffing with all of the **** they got away with in the third

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Be easy on them, they don't know what competitive hockey looks like

I'm happy the Coyotes haven't descended (or ascended?) to that level of hockey hell. Maybe they have, but not for an entire season. At least they have the decency to show up the first few months. That's why I have to scoff at the notion that you can turn into the Oilers if you blow the last 20 games of the season. It takes years of non-competitiveness for that sort of culture to set in.

Chia has to basically keep Nurse, McDavid, Klefbom, and Draisaitl. Trade everyone else. And every other GM will know it. That's not a good position to be in. I half expect a lot of those players to play better when away from the Oilers as well. Hall or RNH on a good team is probably a hell of a player.

Imagine the FOG years for the Coyotes, but with premier talent. How maddening would that be?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Thought Domi looked really good tonight. OEL showed why he is so highly regarded, so calm with the puck. Most D looked fine. Really liked the spark from Sekac and Plotnikov. Have no trouble understanding why Duclair was not playing a lot, he didn't seem to be pulling the same way as his teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad