GDT: Game 73: Oilers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

:edmonton @ :coyotes

7:00 PM
FSAZ

They haven’t lost to the Oilers in regulation since Jan. 25, 2011.

vAL0Qta.png
|
uX106Jt.png

News and such:

Preview:
http://coyotes.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015021097

Season series: The Arizona Coyotes have won three of four games against the Edmonton Oilers, including a 4-0 victory on March 12 at Rexall Place. Coyotes center Antoine Vermette scored twice and had an assist, and Mike Smith made 44 saves for the shutout.

Goalie Cam Talbot is expected to start.

Coyotes team scope: Arizona did not practice Monday, but defenseman Philip Samuelsson was assigned to Springfield of the American Hockey League. That could mean the return of Oliver Ekman-Larsson, who has missed the past six games because of an upper-body injury.
The Coyotes have been shut out in back-to-back games; they haven't scored since Vermette's empty-net goal at 19:06 of the third period in a 3-1 win against the San Jose Sharks last Thursday.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
All of the above. If there was ever a time to end this win streak against the Oilers, it's now.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It isn't going to happen. Just resign yourself to just missing the playoffs and picking 14th already.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
The Oilers will not win in regulation. They cannot beat us in regulation. They have not beat us in regulation, since like December 2010. We will win this game 5-0. Tippett fanboys will scream from the rooftops about how fantastic this team is, because we beat the Oilers, despite us only winning 4 out of our last 16 games, (with two of those wins being against, you guessed it, the ****ing Oilers and the bottom feeding Flames) and being outscored 45 to 29 over that same span.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I hope I get to see mcdavid match up against oel often, I want to see who gets the better of who.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
How on earth can we win with McJesus playing against us? HE IS THE SAVIOR SAVIOUR AND SHALL LEAD HIS LOWLY BAND TO THE MOUNTAIN TOP.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
One of the funnier stats I read on the mainboard is that the Oilers actually have a worse points% with McDavid than without.

So if Hall wants to win he should give McDavid one of his classic two-handed swings to the back of the legs?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Anyone want my tickets to tonight's game? Section 110/Row I. Let me know....

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Hopefully it's a close game; I'm not too concerned with whoever wins this one.

Predictions :sarcasm: :
Vermette will score 2 goals on Smith and Stone will score 1 on Talbot

Hall and Yakupov will each score 2 goals on Talbot and Mcdavid will score 1 on Smith

Coyotes win 5-3

Additional note: Doan will figure skate around the rink slowly disrobing 10 minutes into the 3rd
Additional note 2: Domi and Duclair drop their gloves; Domi takes on Vermette and Duclair goes after Grossmann​

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad