GDT: Game 73: Oilers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That's because the team they're skating for has thrown in the towel so often it's contagious.
Nothing magical, or mysterious about the "kudos".

Exactly, bad culture is hard to unwind. It took many years to set in and will change over time but not instantly.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I wonder if Todd McLellan regrets leaving San Jose.

I am pretty sure that Tmac and Chirelli were using this year to evaluate the talent and character of all the players. Until they had the time to assess the players mentally and see who fits, and who doesn't, they were hesitant to make major changes. Now I am sure they know what they have, what they don't have, who wants to stay and work hard, and who needs to go. I expect this off season to be very busy. There is a lot of talent that can bring in other assets that will help the team be better next year. Getting rid of certain players and bringing in certain players from a character perspective is what will ultimately change the culture, and culture is their biggest problem followed by a need for a 1D and another top 4D.

The controlled growth of the young Coyote players, and the team winning now, even though we have no shot at the playoffs, is way more important then where we pick in the draft. We don't want that losing culture, not playing hard, creeping into our game. It is hard to change once it becomes accepted.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I don't normally venture into the opposing team's forum, but holy crap Oilers fans are salty.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I don't normally venture into the opposing team's forum, but holy crap Oilers fans are salty.

They have an entire thread on whether or not Murphy should be suspended. Never like to see a player injured, especially possible concussion, but looked like a clean hit to me.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Fun game to see in person, domi was really on last night, that deke that drew the mcdavid hooking penalty midway through the 1st was filthy. Mcdavid is pretty much as advertised in all areas, their pp seemed to run through him, which is even more impressive when you think of how many other talented forwards they have.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Thought Domi looked really good tonight. OEL showed why he is so highly regarded, so calm with the puck. Most D looked fine. Really liked the spark from Sekac and Plotnikov. Have no trouble understanding why Duclair was not playing a lot, he didn't seem to be pulling the same way as his teammates.

I agree. Vermette/Duke/Tanguay didn't have the best of games.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Thought Domi looked really good tonight. OEL showed why he is so highly regarded, so calm with the puck. Most D looked fine. Really liked the spark from Sekac and Plotnikov. Have no trouble understanding why Duclair was not playing a lot, he didn't seem to be pulling the same way as his teammates.

Careful, Duclair is a sacred cow in these parts:)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
They have an entire thread on whether or not Murphy should be suspended. Never like to see a player injured, especially possible concussion, but looked like a clean hit to me.

It's just their postgame thread. But it does have a poll for Murphy

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I like Duclair But he takes some bad penalties and tries high risk low rewards plays on a fairly regular basis. On nights when he is doing both of these Tippett gives him some extra bench time to try to teach him a better way. That's exactly how it should work. Duke will be a much better player a year or so from now because of it.

Domi sure looked like a much better all round prospect than the Oiler's stars last night, I think he will be the next Doan here in the desert.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like Duclair But he takes some bad penalties and tries high risk low rewards plays on a fairly regular basis. On nights when he is doing both of these Tippett gives him some extra bench time to try to teach him a better way. That's exactly how it should work. Duke will be a much better player a year or so from now because of it.

Domi sure looked like a much better all round prospect than the Oiler's stars last night, I think he will be the next Doan here in the desert.

I agree about Duclair. Right now he is a one dimensional player and once he learns a little more defense and picks and chooses the right time for his high risk plays, he will get more ice time. He takes a few more penalties than I would like from a skill guy, but the one tripping call last night was a very weak call. Duclair is much better at defense now than at the first of the year. He is progressing very well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tanguay had a solid game.

Vermette was a train wreck.

Duke flailed a bit.

Out of the three Tanguay was the best, but as a line they were not very good. Tanguay is a very smart player and he hardly ever makes a mistake when he has the puck. His hockey IQ is very high. I would like to keep him just to mentor the kids.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I have liked Tanguay since his arrival. The kids come with an unreal amount of talent these days and surrounding them with a few older, smarter, teaching vets can pay some real dividends quickly. Not too mention the work ethic it must take to stay in the league for years. Showing them the proper ways ensures a continuous growth going forward.
Out of the three Tanguay was the best, but as a line they were not very good. Tanguay is a very smart player and he hardly ever makes a mistake when he has the puck. His hockey IQ is very high. I would like to keep him just to mentor the kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad