GDT: Game 73: Coyotes @ Sabres - 4 PM - FSAZ

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Describe please!

I am assuming you're still at work, eh?

Strome caught a loose puck on the near boards and made a solid back hand pass being pressured to I think Dvorak... that put him in on a tight break away.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I am assuming you're still at work, eh?

Strome caught a loose puck on the near boards and made a solid back hand pass being pressured to I think Dvorak... that put him in on a tight break away.

Yeah I’m doing a contract job tonight after my day job
Appreciate everyone’s insight

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I'll probably record the replay and just watch only Strome's shifts (those that aren't cut out due to "time constraint" edits).

Puck bounced off the boards after Schenn got hit. Strome was the first to it and there was only one defender back with Perlini all the way on the other side of the boards for a chance of a 2 on 1. Strome got the puck on his backhand and in one motion without controlling the puck and wasting time or skating it up forcing Perlini to slow down, passed it immediately in stride on his backhand to Perlini so Perlini didn't have to break stride and put it right on his tape.

Perlini should have scored.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hope Reinhart isn't hurt, he's just recently put it all together it seems.

EDIT:
I don't think that's a slash or penalty. Goligoski was ahead of Reinhart and moved his stick toward the puck looking to move . Reinhart came from behind and put his stick in between Goligoski's and the puck which changed the direction on Goligoski's stick causing the contact with Reinhart. Slo mo it looks worse but in real time that's like .3 seconds so I don't know how Goligoski could anticipate his stick would change direction that fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Conor Clancey

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Strome Thoughts:

1. The number one change right now is he's holding the puck longer. Some of this I think was on Tocchet, earlier in the season the Coyotes had this advance the puck at all costs mentality even if there was no one to advance it to. Now they are more deliberate and it just works better in general.

2. He's actually skating by and around defenders. Seems like this is partially due to it being a matchup of bottom feeders, I don't think he'd be able to pull this much against the Wild from Saturday. If he's still here we'll see how it goes against a better team. Florida is a middle of the pack team in terms of goals given up so that might be a better look.

3. I don't think he scores that kind of heads up bank shot goal before. He was too overwhelmed or being run over, getting his pocked picked before he made his next move after getting the puck.

4. He's spending a lot more time below the faceoff dots and behind the net, working the opposition instead of playing a 100% anticipation game.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
This team should be in a playoff spot. f*** Domingue and the first quarter of the season. I have no clue what clicked but this team is superior to that of its 2017 opening campaign. If they play like this at seasons start, were at least in a wild card spot, at least.

Curious to see what Chyka adds this summer. We win the Dahlin sweep stakes and upgrade a top 6, preferably top 3 forward, things can happen, the river should turn white.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Buffalo trying to tie this pulling the goalie down 2 with 3 minutes left.

Didn't see that one coming TBH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad