BRUINS GDT GAME #73 7:08 PM - THE BEAR returns to Uniondale for the first time in 4 years - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I dispute this 100 %, this is a professional team, sitting in a good spot, there is no way they would rush anyone back at this time.

LOL. Professional teams do this all the freaking time. Hell, the Sox and Pedroia alone have done it multiple times going back to at least 2012 with different injuries.

Don't like crossing over into other sports: how about Mark Savard?

I'd also argue that Charlie McAvoy came back too soon and wasn't the same for weeks after his concussion.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Feel better my friend !

Sorry you're not feeling well friend. I have my own problems too..Had a bad back for yrs but pretty much bed ridden last few days..God I hope Im better tonight cause I want to enjoy watching my fav sports team..Plus we only have a small tv in our bedroom and a 52 inch in living room...So pretty obvious where I want to be. Maybe my awesome wife will do some extra rubbing on my back today.

With Leafs in Music city and also struggling, would be awesome if we could pull 6 up on them..I think that would almost guarentee home ice, especially if our injured keep returning. I really hope we have Miller for playoffs..
Brad needs 13 pts in final 10 games to reach 100..Pasta returning would be a huge help in getting him there..I want him to make it so badly..
Here's hoping for a huge win my friends over a very good team..Hope my back holds up, not good at this moment but cautiously optimistic. I do have it dvr'd..

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
What are people's thoughts on rotating players in the final stretch here and giving even more of the AHLers ice time? Wouldn't it be a major advantage to us with well rested players for the playoff grind, especially with all the injuries this team has had? Can anyone ever remember a coach using this strategy? I'm not talking short rest times, I'm talking about good, long recovery periods.

As long as we stay ahead of the Leafs..I dunno, maybe Home Ice is exacterated in playoffs but I still would feel more comfortable starting series in Boston..But, regardless where they start, I'm predicting Bruin win series and also give TB EVERYTHING they can handle!! Last season, because of schedule and a long series vs Leafs and Tampa having short series, I knew we never had a chance..BUT I honestly dont believe we're much of an underdog IF we're healthy..I had a feeling in 2011 just before playoffs began. And I have exact same feeling again this year..A complete confidence in our team..

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Pasta’s been working on his playoff beard in his off time I see .
Guess it’s that time of year again that every wife hates .
Beat ‘ em !

BEAT THEIR WIVES..Good Lod, forget the beard altogether..If they get beat everytime the beard comes out this time of year, thats why they hate it..

Hahaha, sry, could not resist..

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
About Jake.
Skates are tight. It doesn't necessarily mean re-injuring or making anything worse but foot injuries can get awfully sore when you take your skate off and all the blood starts shooting back in there. Tough to get the skates on. First few strides would be painful but then I wouldn't feel it during game/practice. An hour after I took the skate off and was walking I'd feel it.
Like a lot of those more minor injuries it's hard to judge whether it's just painful or if your causing further damage or slowing your healing time.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I feel like I remember seeing DeBrusk take a hit/fall that looked like he might have re-injured himself. If he's not fully healthy, no sense playing him.

Yes I believe that was either late 2nd period or early 3rd vs Jackets. But he did finish the game Smitty.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Having trouble deciphering this, was this a spousal abuse joke?

Pasta’s been working on his playoff beard in his off time I see .
Guess it’s that time of year again that every wife hates .
Beat ‘ em !

Above was previous post. Pretty obvious what I was kidding about.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-3-19_16-0-5.png

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
LOL. Professional teams do this all the freaking time. Hell, the Sox and Pedroia alone have done it multiple times going back to at least 2012 with different injuries.

Don't like crossing over into other sports: how about Mark Savard?

I'd also argue that Charlie McAvoy came back too soon and wasn't the same for weeks after his concussion.
Not going to discuss other sports don’t watch them enough to make an opinion. You can argue about Charlie McAvoy all you want, he missed an extended period of time and due to the nature of the injury he wasn’t about to jump back into games and be in the same position he was prior to the injury. I don’t believe for a moment that he came back to early, he was out an extended period of time and due to the type of injury required game time to get timing and such back, which he is now finally looking back to normal. How about Marc Savard, he was in a position that every player who has suffered a concussion is in, regardless of how long you stay out, one good hit and back to the dark room. Do you feel the same about Bergeron, even after sitting out a entire season, has had had issues wth concussions.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Great to see Pastrnak is back in the line up. Should be a fun game to watch between two of the best teams in the Eastern Conference. Let's go Bruins!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Need to Know: Bruins at Islanders

According to coach Bruce Cassidy, Pastrnak is considered a game-time decision, but "it's trending" towards the Bruins having their leading goal scorer return to his familiar spot as the team's top-line right wing. Cassidy did not expect there to be any minutes restrictions on the 22-year-old, other than the possibility of limiting the length of his shifts in the early going.

"He's cleared to play medically, so there should be no issue there," said Cassidy. "For him, it's the comfort level of he's wearing a brace, how does affect his puck handling? Where's his conditioning at? We think it's good. It's always been good. So I suspect we'll have to keep an eye on his shift length, more than his actual minutes.

"That's the toughest part I've found…if you empty the tank early, it's tough to get your legs back. Having said all that, we will keep an eye on it. But if he's up to the task and has his legs and is recovering well, then it's game on for him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad