BRUINS GDT GAME #73 7:08 PM - THE BEAR returns to Uniondale for the first time in 4 years - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-3-19_6-25-49.png

upload_2019-3-19_6-26-58.png

upload_2019-3-19_12-4-47.png

new-nassau-coliseum.jpg

Tonight's Officials

IW29.jpg
EF27.jpg

Referees Ian Walsh (29), Eric Furlatt (27)
Linesmen Ryan Daisy (81), Darren Gibbs (66)

Ntl. Anthem Angelica Salem

upload_2019-3-19_12-18-15.png

upload_2019-3-19_12-18-51.png

upload_2019-3-19_12-19-20.png

upload_2019-3-19_12-19-49.png

upload_2019-3-19_12-20-35.png

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Islanders tonight in the 3rd of 3 games between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit to Nassau Coliseum this year … The Bruins are 43-20-9 this season and are 15-13-6 on the road … They are 9-9-2 vs. Metropolitan Division opponents and are 24-15-4 vs. Eastern Conference foes. - The Bruins open a 4-game road trip tonight in a span that has them playing 7 of 8 games on the road (1-3-0) … They continue this trip at NJ (3/21), FLA (3/23) & TB (3/25) before returning home to host NYR on 3/27.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Torey Krug is 1 point shy of his 284th career point, which will move him past Craig Janney for the most points in team history by a U.S.-born Bruin. - Zdeno Chara is 1 goal short of his 200th NHL goal … He will become just the 22nd defenseman in NHL history to reach that milestone & 2nd active (Shea Weber).

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2018-19: 214) - Matt Grzelcyk – Upper body - Marcus Johansson – Lung contusion - Torey Krug – Concussion - on current trip - Kevan Miller – Upper body - David Pastrnak – 2/12 left thumb surgery - on current trip

BOSTON vs NEW YORK, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Islanders are meeting for the 169th time in their histories with the Bruins having an 89-54-21-4 record and 571-482 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 42-30-10-2 lifetime in New York with a 278-257 scoring edge in those 84 contests. - The Bruins have won their last 6 games vs. the Islanders, including a 2-1 shootout win in Boston on 11/29 & 3-1 home win on 2/5 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series, with their last loss to New York a 4-0 home setback on 1/16/2017 … They are 11-2-0 in their last 13 games overall vs. the Islanders … They have won their last 7 games of this lifetime series in New York with their last road loss to the Islanders a 3-1 setback on 11/2/2013 & they are 15-2-1 in their last 18 road games vs. New York.

6a00e551f08003883401b8d2059fc4970c-pi

:bruins:isles

The Boston Bruins could have a significant piece of their lineup back when they play at the New York Islanders on Tuesday night.

Right winger David Pastrnak, who has missed 16 games after injuring his left thumb in an off-ice fall, participated fully in practice Monday and could play Tuesday in a battle of playoff-bound Eastern Conference teams at Nassau Coliseum.

"Not saying that he will, but he'll make that decision in conjunction with the medical staff as early as (Tuesday) after morning skate," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said on NHL.com. "I would assume he'll be a game-time decision. ... I suspect if he doesn't play (Tuesday) that Thursday will be a real good day."

Pastrnak, 22, was the team's leader scorer when he slipped and fell after attending a sponsorship dinner with several of his teammates on Feb. 10. Pastrnak is still tied for the team lead with 31 goals and is third with 66 points in 56 games.

He also was leading the NHL in power-play goals (15) at the time of his injury.

The Islanders were off Monday after earning a 3-2 overtime win over the host Minnesota Wild on Sunday,

The Bruins last played Saturday, when they snapped a three-game losing streak by edging the visiting Columbus Blue Jackets, 2-1, in overtime.

New York goalie Thomas Greiss capped one of the best weeks of his career in recording the win Sunday, when he made 32 saves. The 33-year-old was named the NHL's first star of the week Monday in recognition of going 3-1-0 with a 1.25 goals against average while recording a .959 save percentage and facing the most shots in the NHL (121) in that span.

The recent surge began with Robin Lehner sidelined due to an upper-body injury believed to be a concussion. Lehner, who started 19 of the Islanders' first 28 games of 2019 before getting hurt against Ottawa on March 5, was establishing himself as a Vezina Trophy candidate by going 20-11-5 with a 2.19 goals-against average.
But now Greiss, who is 22-12-2 this season with a 2.21 goals-against average, has basically become Lehner's equal. It's a nice problem for the Islanders to have as they head toward the playoffs for the first time since 2016.

"We haven't overextended our goalies all year," Islanders head coach Barry Trotz said after Greiss recorded a 31-save shutout in a 2-0 win over the Blue Jackets on March 11. "I don't see any reason for concern right now."

Boston will likely turn to Tuukka Rask, who has started five of the last eight games and 39 overall this season. Jaroslav Halak started and earned the win Saturday by making 19 saves.
Regardless of who starts at goalie, the Bruins will expect to continue the defensive effort they displayed against the Blue Jackets. Boston, which allowed 15 goals during its three-game losing streak, limited Columbus to just 20 shots on Saturday.

The Bruins' 95 points are the second-most in the Eastern Conference behind the Atlantic Division-leading Tampa Bay Lightning (114 points). Boston entered Monday with the third-fewest goals allowed (185) in the NHL.

The Islanders are first at 173 goals allowed.

Last edited:

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
This will be a very tough game. NYI having a good year. They need the points too. Only question before the game is Pasta playing. Hopefully Tuukka is s little more sharper tonight unlike against the Winnipeg Jets. I think the Bruins can bring a physical edge against NYI. The stats say the PP for the islanders struggles. Unlike the B’s.
Go Bruins! Beat them.

Reactions: bbfan419

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I’d love to go, but Uniondale is too much of a hassle to get to from Manhattan, without a car and on a school night.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I moved to Long Island three years ago, but this will be the first Islander game I'll be attending. I'm going with a buddy at work, and when we bought the tickets in September we didn't realize how much of a barn burner this was going to be! I'm so pumped. It will be my first Bruins away game too. I'll be cheering loud for the boys!

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The Islanders are one of those teams I’ve always kept an eye on and sort of root for.

Glad to see them having a nice little season.

Looking for good habits out of the Bruins. Not so much concerned with two points as I am about them looking “right” entering the playoffs.

Same here. They're sort of permanent underdog in that division, easily my fav Metro team.

Reactions: smithformeragent

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I was gonna go to this one, but my bowling team is in the middle of a strong playoff push, so I'll have to be at the lanes tonight.

Go B's. Wouldn't mind an OT win so the Islanders can get a point, too. It's cool seeing that franchise have such a good year.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I'll be there too. Gonna be a pain in the ass to get home to Harlem from, but it'll be worth it.

We'll see maybe 3 goals in this one, but it should be fun.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Jamie Rodgers

Feb 7, 2019
Okay so with Pasta back in the lineup does Cassidy go with whats familiar and stick him on the first line or does he place him on the Krejci line and force the Islanders to defend against 2...I repeat..2 solid lines...

Knowing Cassidy and how long it took him to place Pasta with Krejci, I'd say he's on the first line...

Wash, rinse, repeat....

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good to see Pasta back, let`s get through the next 10 games sans injury please.

Also loving the Isles playing in Uniondale again, place was a dump the last time I went there but like the old Garden, a great place to watch a game. Really enjoyed the 3-4 games I watched there over the years, found the fans really cool to sit with

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad