BRUINS GDT GAME #73 7:08 PM - THE BEAR returns to Uniondale for the first time in 4 years - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I will be there! Behind the Bruins’ net.

Hopefully we’ve got a big turnout of B’s fans traveling again like we used to see before the Isles moved.

I’m thinking we’ll see a big game from the hometown boy
You know what to do. For you and all of the others going... Cheer loud for our boys and have a blast.

I hope Pasta is back but please everyone keep in mind that he may be a bit "off" after being out..

HERE WE GO BRUINS..HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
What are people's thoughts on rotating players in the final stretch here and giving even more of the AHLers ice time? Wouldn't it be a major advantage to us with well rested players for the playoff grind, especially with all the injuries this team has had? Can anyone ever remember a coach using this strategy? I'm not talking short rest times, I'm talking about good, long recovery periods.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
What are people's thoughts on rotating players in the final stretch here and giving even more of the AHLers ice time? Wouldn't it be a major advantage to us with well rested players for the playoff grind, especially with all the injuries this team has had? Can anyone ever remember a coach using this strategy? I'm not talking short rest times, I'm talking about good, long recovery periods.
IMO you can’t just turn it on in playoffs. Gotta play everyday. Limit ice time during game? Sure but resting players is a mistake

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What the heck why did DeBrusk play Saturday if he wasn’t healthy?
It’s probably precautionary. They wouldn’t have let him play if there was still a fracture or a chance it could get worse.

Sometimes those boots are more comfortable than shoes depending on where the injury is

Reactions: bbfan419 and lopey

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pasta’s been working on his playoff beard in his off time I see .
Guess it’s that time of year again that every wife hates .
Beat ‘ em !
I am pretty sure Pasta doesn't have a wife yet !

Some of the beards look good (as long as they don't grow them too long)

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It makes me a bit nervous hearing about DeBrusk - he definitely took a beating in the last game. Hopefully just precautionary since he is on the road trip while others stayed home. No more injuries please! The timing for the team to get healthy will be perfect barring anything new. I'm going to hold my breath every time Carlo goes into the boards, etc.....he NEEDS to make the playoffs this time around!

GO BRUINS!!!

Reactions: Strafer and mg08

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
IMO you can’t just turn it on in playoffs. Gotta play everyday. Limit ice time during game? Sure but resting players is a mistake

These are very good points, but I sometimes look back and wonder; would Bruins teams gotten even further in previous playoffs if fatigue & injuries weren't such a big factor?

Reactions: Strafer

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
This is what I'm talking about; why be so quick to rush players back? Let them heal up 100% and be ready for the playoffs.

I really think that losing 3 games in a row caused them to bump up their timeline for whoever appeared closest to returning.....in this case it was DeBrusk......hopefully it doesn't come back to bite them.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I HATE driving in NYC

upload_2019-3-19_14-43-33.png

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I really think that losing 3 games in a row caused them to bump up their timeline for whoever appeared closest to returning.....in this case it was DeBrusk......hopefully it doesn't come back to bite them.
I dispute this 100 %, this is a professional team, sitting in a good spot, there is no way they would rush anyone back at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad