GDT: Game #73 3/21 7 PM - Ottawa at BRUINS | NESN, TSN5 (Ottawa-East), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If we're in full rebuild mode, then I guess the answer is no. But how do you go in full rebuild mode with Marchand, Bergy and Pasta? And with a president like Cam Neely? He would never have the patience for that.

I haven't followed this thread but did someone really talk about full rebuild :laugh:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bs have been taking care of business under Cassidy against the cruddier teams on the schedule (which has been nice to see), but haven't been faring as well against the more talented teams. Team is what it is. Despite it being the second game in two nights I hope the Bs come out pissed off and play a great game. Ottawa is nothing special. Pretty good, but not among the league's best.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If we're in full rebuild mode, then I guess the answer is no. But how do you go in full rebuild mode with Marchand, Bergy and Pasta? And with a president like Cam Neely? He would never have the patience for that.

How did the GDT become about a complete rebuild thread.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bs have been taking care of business under Cassidy against the cruddier teams on the schedule (which has been nice to see), but haven't been faring as well against the more talented teams. Team is what it is. Despite it being the second game in two nights I hope the Bs come out pissed off and play a great game. Ottawa is nothing special. Pretty good, but not among the league's best.

They have a good, boring and stifling system and it drives their success. The B's need to be prepared tonight. Huge 2 points.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
I haven't followed this thread but did someone really talk about full rebuild :laugh:

No, but the question was if we fail this year and trade Rask (not my idea at all), who replaces him? And the answer was "does it matter?", which I assume means that trading Rask equals going into rebuild mode. Or maybe I misunderstood what he meant.

I've played the goalie position myself for 30+ years. I'd hate for Rask to be traded because I know how ungrateful people can be toward goaltenders. Players are so skilled nowadays that you have to play the % instead of relying on your reflexes. And sometimes the numbers don't go your way, that's just the way it is.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
No, but the question was if we fail this year and trade Rask (not my idea at all), who replaces him? And the answer was "does it matter?", which I assume means that trading Rask equals going into rebuild mode. Or maybe I misunderstood what he meant.

I've played the goalie position myself for 30+ years. I'd hate for Rask to be traded because I know how ungrateful people can be toward goaltenders. Players are so skilled nowadays that you have to play the % instead of relying on your reflexes. And sometimes the numbers don't go your way, that's just the way it is.

Well, my point is you aren't finding a better goalie than Rask through trade or free agency, so it doesn't really matter who replaces him if they do trade him. Outside of how they use the cap space he currently occupies, the team probably won't be better off.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don't want to ruffle any feathers but if someone couldn't tell this is the same team from the past 3 years in the first couple weeks of the season I don't know what to say.

Let me tell you how this goes. Rask gives up a softie at 6 min 19 seconds in. Bruins proceed to quit. They get down 4-1 in the second. Score hold until the end of the game. Don't bother making any appreciable effort to invest or watch this team because they don't give a **** again this year.

Then why watch? I believe they do care

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Well, my point is you aren't finding a better goalie than Rask through trade or free agency, so it doesn't really matter who replaces him if they do trade him. Outside of how they use the cap space he currently occupies, the team probably won't be better off.

Gotcha. Makes sense, and I agree.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I'm not the most patient person but I'm shocked so many can't see what Don has done by restocking the shelves to appoint that the doors won't shut.

Good things will happen yet it's just losing the defense we had has hurt the whole teams game and more mistakes to come with the young D coming unfortunately so myself included need to have patience here too..

Carlo has had great moments but I'm sure many have seen the wall he's hit, do I mean he's stuck at the wall no but play has drifted down and stayed there for a bit now, yet I still think he's been better then others.

Quadier I've always been a huge fan but something's not right with him lately maybe it's partly coz Krug struggling too. Edmonton owned him maybe he got rattled that game tho.

Big Zee has prolly been our most consistent player at age what 40 ? kinda scary

Miller Boys seem to lose there man to often not so much when they get attack directly it's when there covering in front of the net .. too easy for the shooter to step out of crease area and load up and the Miller boys still watching for a pass that's not coming their anymore.

Then we do have moments that we wished Tuukka coulda saved but to think he hasn't made those saves is ludicrous and I get it I'd love for him to do it all the time blaming him for his 7mil is not on him just like Krech and he's frustrating too.. (PC's generosity without looking at cap situation for the future)

Did PC argue at all how good our team defense was ? Let him play for a payday if I remember correctly

Tuukka is a solid goalie and has elite moments, surround him with the defense on 20 different teams and many here eat crow

Your only as good as your team and half the time our forwards are covering for the D and certain ones aren't even good at that .. Spooner last night, Vatrano the night before Nash is defiantly in their.

So as of right now I'm just happy we're this close to making it. Coz before Claude was fired I had little faith in their effort from game to game.

B's will be flying tonight and if they can keep the mistakes to a minimum we're taking this one.

Wooooo let's Go boys !

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins are 0-8-0 this year vs. the 3 teams closest to them in the standings (Leafs, Sens, Islanders). They are 3-0-0 vs. Tampa though.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Can't wait to see Kelly back tonight.

I hope the fans give him the ovation he deserves.

Viva La Cage!

Hope the B's win..

I always liked Kelly. I think the fans will give him a good welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad