GDT: Game #73 3/21 7 PM - Ottawa at BRUINS | NESN, TSN5 (Ottawa-East), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
C7cSoyPXkAA2Hou.jpg:large

GJf5GmJ.jpg

gwZH12D.jpg

HMwLxAc.jpg

Frw1lgP.jpg
n4H6Kz5.jpg

403408_3848456250142_1103170913_n.jpg

Tonight's Officials

NHLHS_10.jpg
130p_rooney.jpg

Referees Kyle Rehman (10), Chris Rooney (5)
Linesmen Brian Murphy (93), Tony Sericolo (84)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs OTTAWA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Senators are meeting for the 133rd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 74-40-8-10 record and a 419-333 scoring edge in those games.

The Bruins are 40-19-5-3 in their 66 home games of this lifetime series with a 227-173 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins have lost their last 4 games vs. Ottawa at 0-3-1, including road setbacks in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series (3-1 on 11/24 & 4-2 on 3/6), & they are 2-5-3 in their last 10 games overall vs. the Senators following a 16-4-0 stretch in their previous 20 meetings … They are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games vs. Ottawa in Boston.
Fun Fact: The Senators are 1 of 3 teams (PHI, TB) that have never swept the Bruins in a season series.

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Senators tonight in the 3rd of 4 games between these teams and the 1st of 2 this season at TD Garden … The Bruins are 38-28-6 thus far this season with a 19-14-0 mark on home ice … They are 16-8-1 vs. Atlantic Division opponents and are 24-17-6 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

The Bruins are opening tonight a stretch in which they will conclude the regular season with 8 of their final 10 games on home ice.

They are playing game 2 tonight of their 14th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season … They are 7-6-1 in game 1s, 6-4-3 in game 2s and 5-6-2 in game 3s of those series so far.

They are concluding their 13th of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are 7-4-2 in the 1st of those games and are 3-7-
2 in the 2nd game thus far.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Zdeno Chara is 2 points shy of his 600th NHL point.
Drew Stafford is 3 points short of his 400th NHL point.

INJURIES (143 total man-games lost)

Tim Schaller – Lower body injury suffered 3/8 vs DET; Has missed 5 games

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1490088355000

The scramble for Eastern Conference playoff spots moves to Boston when the Ottawa Senators visit the Bruins on Tuesday night.

Both Atlantic Division foes come in with losing streaks that just might endanger their plans for April -- the Senators 0-2-2 in their last four and the Bruins losing their last two and turning a 2-0 road trip into just 2-2.

Monday night, a late penalty call on Dominic Moore, one Bruins interim coach Bruce Cassidy called "egregious," led to the Toronto Maple Leafs pulling out their fourth win in as many tries against Boston this year, 4-2. Afterward, Cassidy, 12-5-0 since replacing the fired Claude Julien, said his team had to shake it off because "we got Ottawa to prepare for tomorrow now."

Here is the math on the playoff picture:

The Senators are in second place, four points behind the Montreal Canadiens and four ahead of the Bruins, with a game in hand on Boston. The Bruins now lead the Maple Leafs by just a point, Toronto with a game in hand for both third in the Atlantic and the second wild-card spot.

Toronto is three points up on the New York Islanders and four ahead of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

"It's one of those that hurts," Patrice Bergeron said after Boston's Monday loss. "We talked about before the game doing the job and we didn't do it."

The Senators picked up only one of a possible four points in their weekend home-and-home with the Montreal Canadiens, the leaders of the Atlantic Division. Their four-game losing skid comes after a six-game winning streak.

After Sunday night's loss, Ottawa captain Erik Karlsson said, "It was one of those games they were better than us, we've got to admit it. We've got a lot of work to do. But I still think we're a really good team, we believe in ourselves, and we have no issues whatsoever with what's going on right now."

The Sens are making their first visit to Boston this season. They won both games against the Bruins in Ottawa -- 3-1 on Nov. 24 and 4-2 just two weeks ago. They return to TD Garden April 6, with the very real chance of a first-round playoff series staring at the two teams.

Ottawa has won its last four games against Boston.

Tuesday's game marks the return to TD Garden for former Bruin Chris Kelly, who suffered a broken leg the last time he skated there -- Nov. 3, 2015.

"They carried me off the ice," Kelly told the Ottawa Sun on Monday. "It was a solid three seconds because that's all I managed. I jumped on the ice and broke the (femur). That was the last time. It's nice actually because that's not the way I wanted to end playing at the Garden.

"It'll be nice to get back on the ice there."

Kelly was traded by the Sens to the Bruins in 2011 and won a Stanley Cup in Boston that season.

"Coming here, when I got traded, having an opportunity to win with the team and being a part of a few more good teams, we had a lot of good memories and a lot of fun," he said. "I made a lot of great friendships and I really enjoyed living in the city."

During Monday's game, the Bruins announced Noel Acciari was transitioned from an emergency recall to regular recall and that Sean Kuraly was sent back to AHL Providence.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
an effort like last nights with all those who were MIA will leave the Bruins out of this one before the end of the first. I didn`t like, one bit, the response after losing to the Oilers, playing a divisional rival last night, inexcusable for so many passengers

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Going to the game tonight. Hoping for a great win.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If they loose this game ,they can forget about getting that third spot,Leafs will be one back with two games in hand.Leafs seem to get atleast a point every game with a little help from there friends.So must win game for sure for Bruins I think.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
First game back from a road trip, second of back to back games, playing a superior team to the previous night.

This is not good. Hope we see something different from the boys. Ottawa is way better than Toronto.

Ugh.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
First game back from a road trip, second of back to back games, playing a superior team to the previous night.

This is not good. Hope we see something different from the boys. Ottawa is way better than Toronto.

Ugh.

Rask/Dobby has to really step it up. No weak ones and make them work for it.

The team has to bury some chances tonight too.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Now it gets harder. Parked in third place in the Atlantic Division, only a point ahead of the Leafs, the Bruins Tuesday night face second-placed Ottawa at the Garden (puck drop is 7:08 p.m.).

Cassidy, who called off the traditional morning practice Tuesday, not uncommon on the heels of a game the night before, will have to consider shaking up his lines, particularly in hope of getting more production from his No. 2 unit. He had David Krejci there Monday night, flanked by Matt Beleskey and David Pastrnak, and the trio cobbled together but three shots all night.

Cassidy’s options: He could swap in slow-footed Jimmy Hayes for Beleskey and use the ex-BC Eagle on the third line, centered by Ryan Spooner. He then would have the option to flip either Frank Vatrano or newcomer Drew Stafford — Spooner’s sidecars in Toronto – to Krejci’s left wing. Beleskey’s game has shown improvement of late, but he hasn’t shown the speed or stick skill this season to ride with Krecji or Pastrnak, the latter of whom also needs to display some better net drive.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...their-lines/S5ZtNR1TRqV9m9vGKeyn2O/story.html

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I'm getting that sinking feeling....not at all confident about winning tonight. I hope they prove me wrong.

I hope Bergy is okay....sometimes symptoms are delayed and that was a bad hit.

GO BRUINS!! Show us what you are made of!

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Cehlarik worked with PAsta krej

Oh good I wasn't the only one who noticed. Cassidy is moving away from what made him successful in his first 10-12 games. Looking much more like the Bruins of old.

This team will not win with just one line scoring absolutely have to get some offensive help for Krecji and Pasta and IMO it is Chelarik. If anything the kid had Krecji and Pasta going

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They need to win this game. I'm starting to get stress over sporting events again.

I am feeling stressed too. I thought the B's had no chance ...but they started playing well so now I want them to make the playoffs.

I hope they win tonight.

I hope the guys in stripes call a good game.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
2nd in the division is still in reach, dig deep boys and get the 2 pts!

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Win tonight and the Noose loosen a bit and we forget about the leaf game.
However lose tonight and you have to think about the past seasons and a possible 3rd year collapse.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Breaking news, Dan O'Halloran is replacing one of the officials tonight, not sure who. Rumour has it he has been reassigned to the bulk of the remaining Bruins game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad