Post-Game Talk: GAME 72 - Sons of Gritty 3 BRUINS 2

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Their overall play this year has been closer to a 500 team then their record would indicate when you factor in all the overtime games. They are not as good as their record, but they are not as bad as many feared they would be. I am just happy they are in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see which team shows up in the post season. I'm really not expecting a lot, but I will watch and hope to be surprised. Getting in is the first hurdle, after that, anything can happen.
good post, I am not sure I`ve witnessed a Bruins team who are so incapable of locking down a game or ending a period without being scored on, super bizarre.

I don`t see this as a team who has another level, I see this as a good team who, in short spurts , can put the scare into any team but over a 7 gamer, has nowhere near the personnel to push back when things get nasty

As negative as that sound, prior to the year beginning, thought this was a wild card team at best

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Watching the the way the game is played now teams do need an element of grit and skill peppered through the line up. If they lack these tools they will never get through more than one 7 game series. Last time the Bruins won a cup they were beat up by the end. It's like a boxing match between two evenly skilled great boxers. Eventually one gets wore down and knocked out. I just don't see the Bruins having enough of both assets to get through that far.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Watching the the way the game is played now teams do need an element of grit and skill peppered through the line up. If they lack these tools they will never get through more than one 7 game series. Last time the Bruins won a cup they were beat up by the end. It's like a boxing match between two evenly skilled great boxers. Eventually one gets wore down and knocked out. I just don't see the Bruins having enough of both assets to get through that far.
Case in point Florida when it went up against Vegas last year in the finals.

Reactions: bobber

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i ask. why isnt wotherspoon been playing?
last 2 games were teams i thought he shoildve been in the lineup for instead of someone like gryz lorei or shattenkirk

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Shoot much more? Where is last year’s Lindholm? And finally: most players cannot deke 4 other NHLers, EVEN PASTA! Can someone tell him and a few others? It happens 3-4 times a game and it drives me nuts.
Let's be real here, We're lucky if Pasta can deke even one player. He has only one move.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
People saying that Pasta is lazy or doesn't care, that's straight up nonsense!
The fact is that team's especially at this time of the season are focusing on taking Pasta out of the game.
He is the only real threat, so others on the team, have to step up their games.
But this team doesn't really have that kind of player, besides Pasta.
To put it on Marchand, is asking too much, he is too busy getting attacked and hung out to dry by the NHL and it's officials.
If his name was David Parker you wouldn't hear this nonsense, but the way it is with this fanbase you always have to blame the Euro, whether it's Pastrnak, Linus Ullmark, Tuukka Rask, David Krejci etc.

As for Marchand he really brought it upon himself acting like a rat throughout the years.

Reactions: NDiesel

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Go flyers today against cats. Come on torts need help.

Bruins are a bigger team now especially with brazzeau Frederic maroon upfront they wont be pushed around.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The Bruins can't end the season getting smacked around by playoff teams, but nor is it really in their interests to go full-tilt right through these last 3 and a half weeks. They need to handle the roster well and manage minutes for some of the guys who have had big workloads.

More than anything they have an opportunity to really test themselves and get battle ready for the postseason against opponents who will consistently test them out. Hopefully they use it wisely.
This

It's more important to make sure they rest players who just need a break and/or nursing nagging injuries

If they have their main horses recharged and ready to go for the playoffs, they have as good a chance as anybody to get out of the first round

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Go flyers today against cats. Come on torts need help.

Bruins are a bigger team now especially with brazzeau Frederic maroon upfront they wont be pushed around.
That's a good point. Big fan of Brazeau in junior. One of the best offensive forwards in the OHL. Not a lot of physicality for a big guy. Probably not many would challenge him anyway. I would never disagree the Godfather. The Teflon Don. 😊

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
People need to calm down. We are not as bad as some here want to believe. This weeken the jets lost to Nyi and today to the Capitals. All bubble teams. Pitts beating Aves on the road 4-1 another bubble team. Desperate teams playing balls out

I will worry in rd one if we look like crap in game 1
This Franchise has been like this since 2013. They can't win the big game whether it was to stave off elimination or to control there own destiny in the standings.

Reactions: BMC

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
2018-2019 season, but sure semantics. Still incredible to go that far without the ability to win a big game

I think a lot of you guys are cup or bust every year and don’t understand how hard it is to actually win the thing.
Did they win the big game that year?

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I think a lot of you guys are cup or bust every year and don’t understand how hard it is to actually win the thing.
Absolutely.

This may not be a popular take, and I get as wrapped up in hockey as anyone.

But the real-life effects of a bunch of millionaires winning or losing a hockey game are zilch.

Enjoy the games, enjoy the camaraderie, but it's not the end of the world if like 31 other teams, the season ends without a Cup.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Absolutely.

This may not be a popular take, and I get as wrapped up in hockey as anyone.

But the real-life effects of a bunch of millionaires winning or losing a hockey game are zilch.

Enjoy the games, enjoy the camaraderie, but it's not the end of the world if like 31 other teams, the season ends without a Cup.
Think of the emotions spent during an entire Hockey season worrying about a Cup won versus not. Think of how much enjoyment you lost

Reactions: Ladyfan and lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad