GDT: Game 72: Coyotes @ Sharks - 7PM - FSAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
What's the bet we lose back to back 2-0 games, and Tippett doesn't even touch the lines for the next one. Honestly his line combo's are just hilariously bad.

Tippett prefers players that don't score. He's still trying to figure out how to win without actually scoring a goal.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Usually I'd be thinking this could be the start of a very good final tank run, however we have Edmonton next, and we haven't lost to those clowns for years.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So I went delving into gamelogs as one does and it's actually Amazing we won 3 in a row a few games back.

EvnB1Bc.png

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I figured the sharks would be ready this time. Now, all teams have to do is score a goal and they can defeat us. Perhaps we'll pick better than we thought

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
But please don't bring him back. He needs to spend time with baby Chip.

Please, please.

I don't hate Chipchura. I hate the fact that Chipchura is guaranteed to play on the second line at some point this season instead of giving a young player the opportunity for reasons no reasonable person can justify. If Chip was just a fourthliner, I'd be fine. But we have oodles of fourth liners. And he'll be counted on to overhandle the puck leading to an o-zone turnover while playing with scoring wingers at some point.
Just like in a meaningless preseason game which was already lost, he was slotted on the powerplay instead of giving that time for evaluation.
Just like playing Campbell over Gormley late last year. Dave Tippett can't look beyond the next shift even when it is clear we should be developing and evaluating young players at this level.

From eight months ago... The more things change, the more they stay the same...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tippett prefers players that don't score. He's still trying to figure out how to win without actually scoring a goal.

They are trying to coax Aucoin out of retirement to serve as the closer in the 0-0 shootouts.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
This franchise is notorious for drafting bloodlines.

With that said, it would not surprise me at all if we select Matthew Tkachuk this summer. I'd be totally okay with that too, because we're not getting Matthews unless we win the lottery.
Blame Turris.

Mature kids who have a good voice in their ear about being pros. I love it TBH.

Just got home. Was this game worth watching? Any redeeming qualities?

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Just got home. Was this game worth watching? Any redeeming qualities?

Not really worth it. I didn't see much of anything worth being interested in. Defense played okay, lots of penalties, few shots, SJ scored garbage shots (on the most part).

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
i'm sorry but we have to get rid of tikhonov for the next season. thankfully we will be hopefully having good rookies graduating to make the team and push out 2 of the lower guys on the roster right now. one of them definitely needs to be tikhonov, he is so bad .... and the effects on hanzal and rieder in earlier comments on this thread support that.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
i'm sorry but we have to get rid of tikhonov for the next season. thankfully we will be hopefully having good rookies graduating to make the team and push out 2 of the lower guys on the roster right now. one of them definitely needs to be tikhonov, he is so bad .... and the effects on hanzal and rieder in earlier comments on this thread support that.

Tikh isn't bad. He just doesn't need to be playing up in the lineup (it's like a recurring theme with most of our players)...

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
i'm sorry but we have to get rid of tikhonov for the next season.

I'm mixed on tikh, now. I was hoping for the best, but I just don't think he's cut out for regular NHL duty. I suppose we could sign him as a 4th line RW/scratch player for a year, but I doubt we'll re-sign him after this season.

Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
Rieder - Strome - {UFA / Trade} Purcell? Brouwer? Vrbata?
Dvorak - Richardson - Doan
Martinook - Vermette - Plotnikov

Last edited:

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards

I could do without Tikhonov, Plotnikov, and Sekac.

Perfect for a tank roster, not if you actually want to be competitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad