Post-Game Talk: GAME 72 - Buaileann Boston na Seaicéid Ghorm agus cailleann Leafanna Maple - BRUINS 2 CBJ 1 F/OT

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Being a martial art student, when I watch MacGregor strut into the stage like that I think a) all for show and entertainment and b) wouldn't make it through a real solid sparring session
He is the Ali of MMA without the talent. I love the fact he is so proud to be Irish and his walkout song is The Foggy Dew but he needs to drop down in weight so his boxing can start winning him fights again. All the talk and hype mean nothing if you lose.

I believe he has succeeded in his main goal of making himself rich.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
He is the Ali of MMA without the talent. I love the fact he is so proud to be Irish and his walkout song is The Foggy Dew but he needs to drop down in weight so his boxing can start winning him fights again. All the talk and hype mean nothing if you lose.

I agree that his goal was to make himself rich. I personally think his antics are an act. He's also amazing at hyping up fights...

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
This was amazing to see, love him or hate him he gets ppl going. Me I love his attitude. This post has 3 different videos, hit the arrow to the right side of the screen when at Instagram. Not sure if you have to be a member of Instagram to see this. There is 2 posts about the game on his site is

Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) • Instagram photos and videos

aguineapig

Well if Conor ain't your cup of Irish tea, you could always croon an Irish tune with Van 'THE MAN" Morrison in honor of the day. I'm listening to "And it Stoned Me" in memory of a Pete Peeters shutout vs the Rags in 83

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Duchene: "Both teams have to play on it. It’s just the way it is.”

Korpisalo: "It's the same for both teams, so ... can't complain."

Nutivaara: "I've never seen that bad (of) ice ... but it's the same thing for the other guys too, the other team."
They should never play the same day as Celtics or at least play in afternoon. Ice was horrid

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Ownership is acutely aware of this and they hired the Flames ice guru to fix it.

The mistake made in 1995 was putting the ice plant at Level 3 - above the train station just like it was in the old Garden. What nobody factored in was that the new building was climate controlled. That mistake will be addressed this summer in the renovations and the new ice plant is going into where the old Proshop and now mail order warehouse is.

The old Garden only had an issue with ice when it got warm and humid outside - NBA and NHL games on the same day were just as common as today and the ice plant was installed in 1928.
Fenway your a wealth of knowledge

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Playing devil's advocate: Yes, the Bruins and Jackets play on the same crappy ice. But, theoretically, the Bruins play on their junky ice 41 games a year, so they're used to it. The Jackets only play once or twice. It's the Garden's own White Monster - but, unlike MLB, I'm pretty sure the rinks are supposed to be as close to uniform as possible. (Never mind that the old Garden's rink was undersized and grandfathered in - we're standard now.)

Plus, it's theoretically less safe for everyone. The first thing I thought around this time last year when Carlo slammed into the boards near the ice resurfacer to end his season was that the Garden ice is notoriously bad. Obviously, it's not the cause of all injuries, but...I'm looking forward to having better ice next year.

That said, I don't think it's the ice that got the Bruins 2 points last night. They played a good, solid game against a good, solid team.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Awesome game to be at. Crowd was AMPED early on. Definitely died down until OT. The ice was horrendous... not surprised to hear Duchenes comments about it... puck wasn't sitting flat at all. Happy the boys got back in the win column

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
How can one say McGregor has no talent? He was the first champ champ in ufc history! Hahahah I get people not liking his antics but hes a talented fighter. He went 10 rounds with the best boxer of all time.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017

Couldn't agree with this post more. He isn't particularly liked here in Ireland outside of teenage boys and MMA fans in and around where he comes from in Dublin. It's even got to the stage where the leader of our country (who was at the parade in Chicago yesterday) distanced himself from Conor saying he "didn't know McGregor was going to be in Chicago aswell" and that "Conor wasn't there representing Ireland". It says a lot when the leader of your country wants nothing to do with you.

When he first came on the scene the whole country was behind him but that support has deteriorated dramatically over the last couple of years as a) people have realised he is a spoofer and nowhere near as good as he would like you to believe he is. If he doesn't have a significant weight advantage over his opponent he struggles big time, and b) his antics outside of the octagon have turned a lot of people against him. What comes out in the media about Conor is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of his antics, a lot of which is very serious. I suspect most of what is known he gets up to here hasn't made its way across the pond to you guys.

Conor's main motivation has always been to get rich. He was very smart in how he went about accomplishing that but since he has achieved his primary goal he is loosing any shred of credibility he may have had. He is a clown that many people get a lot of amusement out of watching who can also throw a mean left hook, that's about it. He is not one of the greats, he is not the GOAT.

He is almost a parody of himself at this stage with his over the top "Irishness" but again he knows what he is doing as being Irish sells big time in the US and that's where he is making his money. The fact he is one of the main talking points on a Bruins fan forum is evidence enough that this is working for him.

Personally I yearn for the day when he fades away into insignificance.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Couldn't agree with this post more. He isn't particularly liked here in Ireland outside of teenage boys and MMA fans in and around where he comes from in Dublin. It's even got to the stage where the leader of our country (who was at the parade in Chicago yesterday) distanced himself from Conor saying he "didn't know McGregor was going to be in Chicago aswell" and that "Conor wasn't there representing Ireland". It says a lot when the leader of your country wants nothing to do with you.

When he first came on the scene the whole country was behind him but that support has deteriorated dramatically over the last couple of years as a) people have realised he is a spoofer and nowhere near as good as he would like you to believe he is. If he doesn't have a significant weight advantage over his opponent he struggles big time, and b) his antics outside of the octagon have turned a lot of people against him. What comes out in the media about Conor is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of his antics, a lot of which is very serious. I suspect most of what is known he gets up to here hasn't made its way across the pond to you guys.

Conor's main motivation has always been to get rich. He was very smart in how he went about accomplishing that but since he has achieved his primary goal he is loosing any shred of credibility he may have had. He is a clown that many people get a lot of amusement out of watching who can also throw a mean left hook, that's about it. He is not one of the greats, he is not the GOAT.

He is almost a parody of himself at this stage with his over the top "Irishness" but again he knows what he is doing as being Irish sells big time in the US and that's where he is making his money. The fact he is one of the main talking points on a Bruins fan forum is evidence enough that this is working for him.

I`m not a fan of MMA, not sure I`ve watched more than 3 scraps in my time, just not my thing but if his goal was to get rich, consider it done.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I`m not a fan of MMA, not sure I`ve watched more than 3 scraps in my time, just not my thing but if his goal was to get rich, consider it done.

Absolutely and credit where it is due, he was very smart in how he played the "game".

Reactions: Strafer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

His only two losses in the octagon came in a short notice fight outside of his weight class (which he avenged) and to the greatest lightweight of all time

I’m not even a Conor guy (Khabib is my favorite fighter) but you’re downplaying his ability. Poirier/Aldo/Alvarez/Mendes/Holloway/Diaz is nothing to sneeze at. He’s definitely not the GOAT but he certainly is more than a clown with a left hook

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Absolutely and credit where it is due, he was very smart in how he played the "game".

yep and from what I gather, he was a terrific fighter who had enough drive to be the best. Athletes like, say Anna Kournikova always seemed to have half the drive to make her self a better tennis player as she did to promote herself in front of the cameras.

Far more respect for a CM but don`t get me wrong, kinda enjoyed those AK photos too:naughty:

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
His only two losses in the octagon came in a short notice fight outside of his weight class (which he avenged) and to the greatest lightweight of all time

I’m not even a Conor guy (Khabib is my favorite fighter) but you’re downplaying his ability. Poirier/Aldo/Alvarez/Mendes/Holloway/Diaz is nothing to sneeze at. He’s definitely not the GOAT but he certainly is more than a clown with a left hook

Fair enough, you probably know more about MMA than me, I'm just giving a sense of how he is largely viewed here at home.

Reactions: Strafer and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Fair enough, you probably know more about MMA than me, I'm just giving a sense of how he is largely viewed here at home.

Also fair because I’m not in Ireland so I don’t have my ear to the streets like you do. It’s insight and perspective we otherwise would not have

Money is #1 for him and typically those people (from my experience) aren’t great humans

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad