Post-Game Talk: GAME 72 - Buaileann Boston na Seaicéid Ghorm agus cailleann Leafanna Maple - BRUINS 2 CBJ 1 F/OT

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20190317-002438_Twitter.jpg

Frame this!
IMG_20190317_002410.jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins won, but let's not pretend the Bruins ice isn't in the bottom 5 rinks in the NHL. It is always bad especially along the boards.

You'd figure an O6 team would have this whole ice quality thing worked out by now. I know the Garden hosts a lot of events but something needs to be done.

Ownership is acutely aware of this and they hired the Flames ice guru to fix it.

The mistake made in 1995 was putting the ice plant at Level 3 - above the train station just like it was in the old Garden. What nobody factored in was that the new building was climate controlled. That mistake will be addressed this summer in the renovations and the new ice plant is going into where the old Proshop and now mail order warehouse is.

The old Garden only had an issue with ice when it got warm and humid outside - NBA and NHL games on the same day were just as common as today and the ice plant was installed in 1928.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
DeBrusk back in the lineup already made a difference, I can't wait for the rest of the guys to get back. 10 games to go, hopefully everyone back in the lineup with just enough games to get the rust off. Look out, this team can do some damage!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You'd figure an O6 team would have this whole ice quality thing worked out by now. I know the Garden hosts a lot of events but something needs to be done.
I believe this Summer they are going to fix the ice . Is this correct @Fenway

Never mind you already answered this. They are also changing the seating. I wonder how long the Garden will be closed.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
You’re not missing much. Guy’s an ass

I’m kind of surprised it took me this long to find someone to agree with in this thread. McGregor is a big reason why my interest and love of MMA and the UFC has waned these days.

He’s really famous - although I’d say it’s more notoriety than fame - but at best he’s nowhere near being an icon in MMA. At least, not in my opinion. He just got beaten down last year by a true champ (who also is kind of an idiot, honestly) and really, he’s just turned down a fight with another great fighter because it wasn’t a headlining slot.

Maybe I’m just a sourpuss but I can’t stand primadonnas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad