Post-Game Talk: GAME 72 - Buaileann Boston na Seaicéid Ghorm agus cailleann Leafanna Maple - BRUINS 2 CBJ 1 F/OT

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Also fair because I’m not in Ireland so I don’t have my ear to the streets like you do. It’s insight and perspective we otherwise would not have

Money is #1 for him and typically those people (from my experience) aren’t great humans

As a point of comparison, we have a female boxer here called Katie Taylor who is largely considered one of the finest female boxers there has been. She was actually fighting in Philly on Friday night were she won her third world title at lightweight and will be going for a unification bout in June on the Anthony Joshua undercard. She won one of our very few Olympic Gold medals in London 2012 when she was still an amateur. She is humble, down to earth and incredibly nice. She is a national treasure! Everyone loves her because of those aforementioned traits and also because she just keeps her head down and does her job incredibly well. No drama, no ego, basically the type of qualities that are admired most here.

That explains pretty well why the tides of public support for McGregor are turning here.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Caught the first period.....McAvoy looks to me to be playing at an extremely high level right now. Just the way he's moving around the ice is awesome to see.

Charlie Mac is my favorite Bruin to watch....he's such a smooth, strong skater who plays a physical game the right way, and I love it when he starts an end to end rush and joins in.

He still has lots to learn ....but he's gonna be a very special player

blue

Aug 14, 2005
Montreal
Reactions: FanSince72

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think a "Notorious" theme for our playoff avatars may come out of this McGregor thing.

There's 10 games left and we're securely in the playoffs structure, we should probably start brainstorming.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You should watch it! It is great!

I have a netflix giftcard to cash in when the second half of Arrested Development season 5 drops, so when I get done with them I'll probably give it a watch.

All I know is that everybody yells PEAKY FOOKIN BLINDERS in horrible irish accents and I always laugh when I hear it

Reactions: caz16

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I have a netflix giftcard to cash in when the second half of Arrested Development season 5 drops, so when I get done with them I'll probably give it a watch.

All I know is that everybody yells PEAKY FOOKIN BLINDERS in horrible irish accents and I always laugh when I hear it

Lol ironically one of the main characters is actually Irish (Cillian Murphy) playing an Englishman. Most of the characters and actors in the show are English

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Only caught the first 2 periods. Great to see the boys pull put another big OT W. Bergeron and Marchand are pure gold.

Awesome to see JDB back!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Lol ironically one of the main characters is actually Irish (Cillian Murphy) playing an Englishman. Most of the characters and actors in the show are English
..and also watch Legend if you enjoy it. Tom Hardy is in both.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Love Van .

Most played song on WBCN 1968-2009 was

artworks-000165945304-ee2zcb-t500x500.jpg

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad